1812 Young Guard artillery figures+ a few other things

  • Stephen Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2002
      Geoff
      Apologies for not replying to your invite to the AOE game this month have
      been on sick leave for the last two months, neuropathic pain (constant
      headaches) don't ask? unless you have been through it.

      My main question is a result during this period of coming across Roly
      Hermans site http://dare.paradise.net.nz/valeur/index.htm

      Thinking about it, why not do something similar, create web pages about the
      armies and units I am painting.
      A good alternative to having up to six reference books open when you are
      painting a unit.

      http://www.histofig.com/ Is excellent for reference material as far as it
      goes, but remind me of the old Funkin books of the 70's, there are mistakes,
      there is also no 1812 "Bardin" regulation" Spencer uniform.
      I paint my figures so that they can play a game.

      Every 5 years or so I touch them up, replace missing figures, they get
      promoted from the 6th Btn upwards.
      Please remember these boys have been wargaming for 25 years and have both
      lost and won, using 7 different rule sets. And they are based so as to use
      any of these rule sets.

      So the main question?
      Having completed 1st Div 1st Corps in 1/20 15mm scale.
      I also have the 3rd Old Guard Division complete except for the two Chasseur
      Regiments.
      They have attached conscript guard artillery units as regimental
      attachments.
      As far as I aware "Conscript" is a the same as Young Guard artillery, do you
      agree?
      Do you know of any supplier who does these figures? (Not Old Guard, please)

      Secondly the field arrangements or OB for the Guard and Reserve artillery in
      July or August 1812 would also be useful as sources differ so much.

      Stephen Fisher
    • Geoff Wootten
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 12, 2002
        --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@y..., "Stephen Fisher"
        <bellevuevilla@b...> wrote:
        > Geoff
        > Apologies for not replying to your invite to the AOE game this
        month have
        > been on sick leave for the last two months, neuropathic pain
        (constant
        > headaches) don't ask? unless you have been through it.

        No Problemo Stephen - I hope you have a speedy recovery

        Kind regards,

        Geoff