Re: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Re: Ney at the crossroads

  • martinisword9
    Message 1 of 31 , May 8, 2009
      Do what Napoleon told him to do.

      Take the crossroads in the morning before the British got there.

      From: _martinisword9@ martinisw_ (mailto:martinisword9@ yahoo.com)
      Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:46:59 -0700
      Subject: Re: [NapoleonicFireandF Subject: Re: [NapoleonicFireandF <WBR>ury]
      Re

      We're doing the game at my home on 31 May but it will be in 28mm.

      Came up with a method to see if I Corps shows up or not. Kept the Prussian
      IV and French VI Corps off the board. Maybe the next time we play the game

      Message 31 of 31 , May 9, 2009
        If you can find it I suggest the book "The Eagles Last Triumph:
        Napoleons Victory at Ligny, June 1815".
        This great book describes in detail the battles of Ligny AND Quatre Bras
        as well as describing the marching about done by D'Erlons Corps.

        In this book it explains how two messengers were sent after D'Erlon,
        Colonel Forbin-Janson and Colonel Laurent. These two messengers were
        then to proceed to Marshal Ney and explain why D'Erlon's Corps was
        removed from his command.

        Any way you slice it this is one of my favorite Napoleonic Scenarios.
        Dave