Re: SV: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Brigade Detachments and Brigade Masse Limitations

  • Geoff Wootten
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      I like to use a "Hougoumont" style house rule on this.

      Wellington detached the light companies of the Guards to reinforce H, leaving the rest of the battalion on the ridge. With just 10% gone, no-one noticed the difference in combat power of the residual unit (just ask the French Middle Guard!!!).... so in my house rule when a unit passess through (or owns) a feature worthy of garrison, I allow an extra base to be put on it if it counts as fortified. So the La Haye Sainte gets a bonus base, but not the useless shacks that adorn the cross roads at Quatre Bras.

      Good point re the Masse btw. Do they move slower and get a casualty increase modifier for being shot at by enemy artillery btw?

      Kind regards

      Geoff