Re: Where have all the Designers gone...

  • rmcaras@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2001
      In a message dated 03/01/2001 8:59:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Subject: Off Topic - Where have all the designers (and everyone else) gone?

      This is kinda off topic, but for those of you who frequent the
      Newsgroup rec.games.miniatures.historical, has anybody noticed the
      almost total absence of many of the most vocal and opinionated folks
      from our hobby? Here I'm talking about Bob Jones of Piquet fame, his
      arch nemesis Matt Delamater of Legacy of Glory, Pat Condray, Well
      Known Poison Pen. With them also went some of the most stirring
      debate around, ranging from Napoleonic artillery accuracy to whether
      or not HMGS East is in reality a communist plot for world domination.

      Bill,
      It has been rather quiet. Perhaps the 200 Ft General seminar gave them all
      food for thought.....where they got to discuss (& listen) with their peers
      about their fundamental approaches to their game/rule designs.  Speaking of
      that, whatever became of the offer to provide a transcript of that?  Perhaps
      Mitch Osborne who organized the event can answer that Bill.  Are you still in
      contact with Mitch?

      In any event I do miss those debates, they were mostly enlightening if not
      entertaining.