Re: L'Armee Francaise Vol I: Age of Kings Update

  • berlichtingen
    Message 1 of 43 , May 1, 2002
      --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@y..., "Bill Gray" <hmgs1@m...> wrote:
      > I'm still uncomfortable with the impact of Prussian musketry at
      this level

      You should. At this level, how battalions deliver fire shouldn't play
      any role what so ever. Introduction of iron ramrods would, but by the
      SYW, everyone was using them. At this level, the big advantage for
      the Prussians should be maneuver... not firepower
    • geoffwoo99
      Message 43 of 43 , May 9, 2002
        --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@y..., "hmgs1b" <hmgs1@m...> wrote:
        > As noted previous, yea verily. And this in itself constitutes
        another
        > variable to be considered, further amplifying why such research is
        so
        > difficult. One wonders whether such data actually exists, much less
        > readily available. I just keep in mind that despite my best
        efforts,
        > in the end I could be only partially right or wrong altogether.
        >
        > Regards, Bill Gray

        GW just keep rollin' that dice, Bill. It all comes down to the dice
        in the end!!!!!!!!