RE: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Old Glory Hanoverian Militia

  • Clive Edmonds
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
      Hi Subodai

      As I recall the Hnaoverian contingent were basically in 3 parts , Line
      battalions who wore the Belgic shako ,Militia battalions that wore the
      stovepipe shako and light battalions who wore something like the 95th Rifles
      uniform but with variations in the shako and tunics.

      However the the Militia officers tended to wear the Belgic shako.

      As for the Old Glory bag mix I quite agree it seems very odd , If you are
      painting 1815 Britsish infantry you should have the necessary shako type
      oficers spare from the British command bags.

      There are a number of shortcomings/errors in the Old Glory 1815 Allied range
      , but it does have a pretty comprehensive coverage unlike a lot of ranges.

      I tend to supplemrnt what might be missing with the occasional few figures
      from other manufacturers though the bulk of my armies are Old Glory

      Regards

      >From: "Subodai Bahadur" <tsubodaibogatyr@...>
      >To: NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [NapoleonicFireandFury] Old Glory Hanoverian Militia
      >Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 17:43:37 -0000
      >
      >Just bought two packs of Old Glory 15 mm Hanoverian militia. Much to
      >my surprise, I discovered that each pack contained a mixture of
      >figures in stove pipe and Belgique shakos. There appears to be no
      >logic to the number of each per pack.
      >
      >Would Hanoverian militia have worn a mixture of shakos in the same
      >unit circa 1815?
      >
      >SDH

      Tell MSN about your most memorable emails! http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/
    • Jesper Asmussen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
        Hi,

        Also note that some Old Glory pack just recycle figures so the Hannoverians are British renamed.

        Cheers

        Jesper