Re:[NapoleonicFireandFury] Re: More New 15mm Naps

  • alberto.pagnotti@libero.it
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
      hi
      Lippe contingent made the 1st btg of the5th regiment of the confederation of rhine,about 700 men,and 2 other contingent s of lippedetmold and lippeschaumburg made half 3rd battalion of the same rgt(450 men).
      lippe had an old style headgear until 1811,more or less,after changed to shako,becoming
      dressed as french ,except for the colour of the dress.
      i dont remember the coats and headgere of the 2 small contingent.
      i dont know the headgere of the miniature,i think they should have do the first,no reason to do the second cause you could use a normal french.
      if you must choose i suggest to dont take the fire stance if they do,cause always trouble do column with them
      Alberto

      > For shame Tom...
      >
      > You buy all the packs. When the unit is in column you put your
      > marching figs on the table. When in a firefight the firing figures,
      > and when otherwise in the presence of the enemy, the advancing figures.
      >
      > At least, that's what we do with all of our troops. You don;t mean
      > seriously you use the same figures for every tactical situation :P
      >
      > --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, dye4minis@a... wrote:
      > >
      > > In a message dated 1/31/2006 6:27:30 PM Mountain Standard Time,
      > > hmgs1@h... writes:
      > > Lippe? Minifigs does Lippe? Like, aren't these guys only a part of a
      > > single Confederation battalion? And Minifigs makes them?
      > >
      > > You have, like, GOT to be kidding me :).
      > >
      > > Regards, Bill Gray
      > > Yup! About 4 battalions of them! May also be useful for a few
      > "other" obscure
      > > Confederation units as well! (Knotel prints- I think Anhalt)
      > >
      > > For probably the FIRST TIME EVER.....a person can collect an entire
      > ARMY's
      > > worth of troops in just 2 packs! (The question is: "they make 3
      > paacks of
      > > differnt poses....which one do I NOT get?) 8>)
      > >

      > > BTW, the Spanish Irregular Lancers are very "Gaucho" looking! Anyone
      > looking
      > > for troops for Wars in South America in the 1800s ?
      > >
      > > Best,
      > > Tom Dye
      > > GFI

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • johnrohdeuk
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- In NapoleonicFireandFury@yahoogroups.com, dye4minis@a... wrote:
        > Lippe are in the
        > "brim-turned-up" hats.

        Corsican hats IRRC.
        Cordially,
        John.
        "Hic Rhodus, hic salta!"
      • dye4minis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
          In a message dated 2/1/2006 1:51:20 AM Mountain Standard Time,
          alberto.pagnotti@... writes:
          i dont remember the coats and headgere of the 2 small contingent.
          i dont know the headgere of the miniature,
          Thanks, Alberto, for the info! The headgear on the mini is what looks to me
          to be a "one side" turned up corsican hat, with plume. It matches plates from
          Knotel that I have. Agreed that "later", they would have uniforms of french
          pattern.

          As for the firing poses vs column. Long ago, I learned that if you base in
          two ranks ona stand, you can stagger the men to where the bayonets from the
          stand behind fit into the spacing between the rear rank. This alows one to make
          base touching columns without skewering the guy in front.

          Thanks, again!

          Best,
          Tom Dye
          GFI

        • dye4minis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
            In a message dated 2/1/2006 7:12:31 AM Mountain Standard Time,
            johnrohdeuk@... writes:
            Corsican hats IRRC.
            Thanks, John. I just posted "corsican hats" in another post. Could not think
            of the term last night when I wrote that!

            Best,
            Tom Dye
            GFI

          • dye4minis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
              Sorry guys, I have to make a correction! The Lippe figures are outfitted in
              Bicornes, running fore to aft. THEY ARE NOT IN CORSICIAN HATS.

              I discovered this when dismounting the first production spins to take
              pictures of.

              Sorry for any inconvenience this might have caused. Since nobody has yet to
              order any, I wanted to get this cleared up ASAP!

              Best,
              Tom Dye
              GFI

            • alberto.pagnotti@libero.it
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 1, 2006
                but if they havent corsican hat maybe they arent lippe,i dont know if before they had bicorne,in late XVIII and early XIX century could have been possible.
                yes it is possible to make columns with firing men ,simply i dont like to have a column made of all firing men
                Alberto

                > In a message dated 2/1/2006 1:51:20 AM Mountain Standard Time,
                > alberto.pagnotti@... writes:
                > i dont remember the coats and headgere of the 2 small contingent.
                > i dont know the headgere of the miniature,
                > Thanks, Alberto, for the info! The headgear on the mini is what looks to me
                > to be a "one side" turned up corsican hat, with plume. It matches plates from
                > Knotel that I have. Agreed that "later", they would have uniforms of french
                > pattern.
                >
                > As for the firing poses vs column. Long ago, I learned that if you base in
                > two ranks ona stand, you can stagger the men to where the bayonets from the
                > stand behind fit into the spacing between the rear rank. This alows one to make
                > base touching columns without skewering the guy in front.
                >
                > Thanks, again!
                >
                > Best,
                > Tom Dye
                > GFI
              • Andrew Thom
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 15, 2006
                  Yes:

                  http://www.miniaturefigurines.co.uk/cgi-bin/showrange.pl?subsection_id=65

                  ---------------------------------

                  dye4minis@... wrote:
                  > GFI/Minifigs has just added 15mm Napoleonic Spanish and
                  Lippe to the range!

                  http://www.minifigs.com/catalog/admin/categories.php?cPath=41_3_77&cID=265&pID
                  > =
                  >
                  > Still working on some pictures. I "think" I can add
                  pictures to the Naps
                  > pages.
                  >
                  > The Spanish are in bicornes for 1800; shakos for 1812.
                  Lippe are in the
                  > "brim-turned-up" hats.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  > Tom Dye