PARTNER YOGA WORKSHOP

  • Ellen Shapiro
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2005
      PARTNER YOGA WORKSHOP

      With Ellen Shapiro and Joey Doherty, Certified Kripalu Yoga Teachers

      SATURDAY, JUNE 18 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.

      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER

      922 E. Lafayette St, Suite 1, Tallahassee, FL, 32301

      Come join us for a fun afternoon of exploring yoga interactively.
      Bring a friend, your significant other, a co-worker, a yoga or gym
      buddy, or just yourself and we will partner up in class. In partner
      yoga, we create an atmosphere of trust, we deepen our connections
      with others, we stretch deeply with the added support, and we
      develop our ability to give and receive feedback. A caring, safe
      atmosphere is created which allows movement, breath, and touch to be
      shared and enjoyed in healthy and positive ways.

      In this workshop we will do postures that are mutually created
      through balancing and counterbalancing each other, and we will do
      partner-assisted stretches, where one partner gives support,
      adjustments, or gentle pressure to help the other deepen into a
      stretch. We will breathe together as a way to center ourselves.
      You will find that practicing yoga with another person increases
      your sensitivity to others and also to yourself, creating a
      beautiful balance of harmony in relationship and deep inner
      connection with Spirit.

      All are welcome, and no prior yoga experience is necessary. We will
      lead the postures in a gradual fashion, so that each person's limits
      can be respectfully honored. With this approach, differences in
      body size or strength are unimportant.

      Please bring water and a blanket, and wear loose, comfortable
      clothing. Yoga mats and props (blocks and yoga ties) are available
      at the Center. Call or email Ellen at 222-0003 or
      ellsha@... with any questions.

      COST: $45 per person. Space is limited so please register early.

      TO REGISTER, send a check for $45 to Ellen Shapiro, Namaste Yoga
      Center, 922 E Lafayette St, Suite A, Tallahassee, FL 32301

      Name:

      Address:

      Phone Numbers:

      Email and additional info: