SUMMER_2006_SCHEDULE_EMAIL

  • Charlene Cappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2006
      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      2006 SUMMER (MAY–JUNE) YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee, FL 32301
      (at the corner of Goodbody Lane and Lafayette Street)

      http://www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below you will find the spring schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center (NYC). Most classes begin the week of May 1, 2006. Series run for 8 to 9 weeks classes, most ending the last week in June. In July, we will begin another series of classes. Please check with individual instructors to confirm dates and times of classes before the first class. Drop-ins are welcome in all classes.

      Please note JoAnn’s current series of classes that began in April are continuing through May; she will begin her new series on May 29th. Ellen’s classes will begin the 2nd week of May. Also, Courtney Woodward’s classes continue to be ongoing and not offered by series.

      Preparing for classes:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a large towel to cover your mat and a small towel for wiping.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,

      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center

      COST: Those who prepay for a series pay the equivalent of $10.00 per class. Drop-in classes are $12.00, except for lunchtime classes which are $10.00. Before writing a check, please check with individual teachers for class fees.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      MONDAY

      5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA AND THE 5 KOSHAS with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins May 29 (No class on July 3), ends July 31 (8 weeks).

      In this class we will explore the 5 koshas or subtle energy bodies that progressively guide us deeper inward to the radiance that we are! The koshas can be thought of as layers of an onion and our yoga practice the tool to peel back these layers to bring our awareness deeper and deeper into our bodies, eventually reaching the innermost core, our True Self. We will combine postures with inward focus, conscious breathing, and meditative awareness to move from the periphery of our being to the center.

      7:00–8:30 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      TUESDAY

      6:15 a.m.–7:30 a.m. DYNAMIC KRIPALU YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@... ). Begins May 16, ends June 29 (This class meets twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 7 weeks. Students may register for two days or one day a week. Cost for both days for series is $120; $70 for one day. )

      Treat yourself to a great start for the day. This series of classes will explore the edges of our bodies, minds and souls. It will be progressive in nature, challenging those at any level to observe their limits. Classes will combine breathwork and yoga postures in a meditative way to promote strength, stamina, flexibility and a sense of inner peace. Bring a towel and water bottle. Class will require 5 confirmed students to meet, so please contact Joey ASAP if you are interested.

      5:30–7:15 p.m. CONNECTING TO SPIRIT THROUGH YOGA with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins May 30 (no class July 4), ends August 1. (8 weeks).

      The purpose of yoga is to consciously work to come to a place of unity—a place of oneness in mind, body, heart, and soul. When you reach to that place—all the energy bodies align, you feel completely relaxed and renewed, peace pervades, and your heart sings . . . . This class combines postures with inward focus, conscious breathing, and meditative awareness to allow you to move from the periphery of your being to the center—where the peace of inner stillness abides. Deep-seated tensions held in the body are released, and, as the process unfolds, the body relaxes and the mind calms allowing the connection to spirit to happen naturally. Each component of this practice enhances all the others and together creates a powerful synergy of spiritual attunement.

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins May 10, ends June 28 (8 classes).

      In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice an energetic yoga flow of postures and breathwork. We will focus on yoga postures that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind, especially those that increase core strength and stability. You will develop greater strength, increased flexibility, and an increase in energy capacity. As yoga helps us cultivate a strong, flexible body, it also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and naturally relax the body and mind.

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). Begins May 3 ends June 21 (8 classes).

      Deepen your inner awareness through a gentle flow of yoga postures that includes instruction on developing the body's core stabilization to increase strength and endurance, support the spine, and improve alignment. You will learn to build yoga postures from their base upward, supportive breathing techniques, and restorative poses. Each class ends with a deep, meditative relaxation. All designed to awaken your body's inner wisdom and give you a sense of peace and well-being.

      7:00–8:45 p.m. YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins May 10, ends June 28 (8 classes).

      In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice an energetic yoga flow of postures and breathwork. We will focus on yoga postures that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind, especially those that increase core strength and stability. You will develop greater strength, increased flexibility, and an increase in energy capacity. As yoga helps us cultivate a strong, flexible body, it also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and naturally relax the body and mind.

      THURSDAY

      6:15 a.m. –7:30 a.m. DYNAMIC KRIPALU YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@... ). Begins May 16, ends June 29. (This class meets twice a week Tuesdays and Thursdays for 7 weeks. Students may register for two days or one day a week. Cost for both days for series is $120; $70 for one day.)

      Treat yourself to a great start for the day. This series of classes will explore the edges of our bodies, minds and souls. It will be progressive in nature, challenging those at any level to observe their limits. Classes will combine breathwork and yoga postures in a meditative way to promote strength, stamina, flexibility and a sense of inner peace. Bring a towel and water bottle. Class will require 5 confirmed students to meet, so please contact Joey ASAP if you are interested.

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). Begins May 4, ends June 22 (8 classes).

      Designed to help you relax and harmonize with your body's natural rhythms, these classes offer instruction on conscious breathing techniques, developing core stabilization and improving alignment through gentle yoga stretches and movements, and restorative postures, ending with a deep meditative relaxation. All of which that will help to quiet the mind and awaken your body's own wisdom.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e., provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      7:30–9:00 p.m. MEDITATION IN ACTION with Julia DeHoff (224-9751— juliadehoff@... ). Begins May 4, ends June 28 (9 classes).

      A strong yoga class that focuses on developing flexibility, increasing strength, and bringing the body into alignment. This develops the union of body and mind, and builds concentration, awareness, and deep relaxation.

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. HOT, SWEATY YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins May 12, (No class on May 26th.) ends June 29 (7 classes).

      Awaken your body and your mind with this vigorous yoga class. This is a lively, intense practice that includes more challenging postures, especially those that focus on developing core strength.  You will observe increased strength, endurance, and flexibility. We conclude with deep relaxation to harmonize body and mind. The room is heated, which allows our muscles to relax and stretch deeply, and helps us cleanse and revitalize. Feelings of joyfulness and inner calm naturally follow. Come prepared for a good workout, and bring water and a towel.

      11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. YOGA FOR LUNCH with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). Begins May 5, ends June 23 (8 classes).

      This series offers you a break from the stress of the work week. You will receive instruction on conscious breathing techniques, gentle yoga stretches and restorative postures, and core stabilization, ending with a deep relaxation. You will return to work refreshed and relaxed and prepared for a great weekend.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanasposturescombined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      SATURDAY

      9:00 –10:30 a.m. SATURDAY MORNING YOGA— BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE NYC EMAIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, OR IF YOU ARE RECEIVING UNWANTED DUPLICATES, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO ellsha@... WITH YOUR WISHES. INCLUDE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AS WELL AS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.