Upcoming Events at Namaste Yoga

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
      Greetings and Namaste!  Please join us for:

      January 13, Sunday, 7 p.m. An evening of ecstatic chanting with Sri Kirtan

      With years of experience, Sri Kirtan is refreshingly fun and spiritually deep, and has become a well-loved leader of chant on the national Kirtan scene. Visit their website, www.SriKirtan.com  for more information.   Come early and get your seat.  Cost is $20.00 at the door, with a sliding fee for those in financial need, suggested $10 minimum. Contact Gretchen Hein for more info at tallahasseeyoga@....

      February 1-3, Iyengar Yoga Weekend Intensive with Sharon Conroy

      Friday evening and Saturday sessions are open to anyone with a year of continuous yoga practice in any tradition. Sunday is open to anyone with three years of continuous yoga practice, and previous Iyengar experience. For details, or to register, contact Julia DeHoff 850-224-9751 or juliadehoff@.... Discount for registering by January 18.

      February 17, Sunday, 12-3 p.m.   Partner Play:  Exploring the edges with Gretchen and Ellen

      In this special class we'll tap into the freedom and spontaneity that arise when we give ourselves over to our playful nature in a supportive environment.  You will experience a variety of partner yoga poses to explore your edges with the support and challenge of a partner—in some you will mirror each other, and in some you will take turns assisting each other to expand your flexibility, strength, and balance.  We'll begin with some relaxed seated and standing poses, to open hamstrings, hips, chest, and shoulders, and then move into more challenging balance, back-bending and inverted poses. You will have a chance to explore flying yoga, where a flyer feels the sensation of free flight while supported by a base, generally with a spotter as well.  Simple Thai Yoga massage techniques will be woven in as we flow in and out of the roles of giver and receiver. Some poses may involve multiple people or the entire group. You will expand your capacity to trust, connect, and play openheartedly, building confidence as you let go of fear and move beyond your everyday limits with the support of a partner and the group.

      This workshop is best-suited for those familiar with basic yoga movements, who have a base of strength and flexibility, and who are free of acute injuries or challenges. Bring a yoga partner or come solo and we will partner you up.  $35 per person.  For more info and to pre-register contact Ellen ellsha@...  (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen tallahasseeyoga@....

      "We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything, than when we are at play."   ― Charles Schaefer

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
        We look forward to seeing you tonight for Community Yoga from 5:30 – 6:30, followed by live gong. Jasbir will lead us in GENTLE KUNDALINI YOGA, MEDITATION, and live GONG. As always, class is free and donations are accepted for Refuge House.

        A quick reminder about our upcoming events (details and registration on our website at www.namaste-tallahassee.com):

        February 1-3, Iyengar Yoga Weekend Intensive with Sharon Conroy
        (No Community Yoga class on Feb 1, but all of our other regular classes will meet as usual during that weekend.)

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013

          Dear Namaste community,

          Here are some of our exciting upcoming events we hope you will consider joining us for.  Thank you for your continued support!

          2/26 and 2/28  Yoga with Charlene  This week Charlene will be offering Restorative Yoga in her Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.  and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.classes.  This practice is deeply relaxing and healing.  A new Yoga for Balance and Stability series with Charlene starts next week on March 5.

          3/2/13  7-11 p.m.  Quincy's Son-Rise Fundraiser at the Legion Hall, Lake Ella

          Charlene's family is holding a fundraiser  for her 7-year-old, autistic grandson, Quincy. They are hoping to raise money for Quincy to have some special Son-Rise therapy at the Autism Treatment Center of America in Sheffield, MA. This therapy is not covered by health insurance, but has already been very helpful to Quincy and his family. Please plan to come and dance to the music of Night Breeze and bid on the wonderful items  for the silent auction.  There are some lovely art pieces, jewelry, massages, yoga passes, an antique sofa, and much, much more. There will a cash bar and free refreshments. Tickets are$15 and can be purchased at the door or via PayPal. Email or call Rebecca at rebecca.cappellini@...  or (850) 545-4971 for more info.

          3/9/13  4:15 – 5:45 p.m.   Restorative Yoga with Charlene (through New Leaf Market)  Feeling weak, fatigued or stressed from your daily routine? Experiencing or recovering from a major life event? Restorative Yoga offers a way for you—no matter what your physical ability—to experience postures that gently open the body and release long-held tensions. During class you are carefully guided into postures, fully supported with props, in a way to create the physiological conditions that promote deep relaxation. Instructor:Charlene Cappellini, certified Relax and Renew® trainer, Yoga Alliance certification, Kripalu Yoga Center 2004, Viniyoga Instructor, 2012. FREE! To register,contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850)942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....  Questions? Charlene at (850)997-4534 or cappellini@....

          3/23/13  4 – 6 p.m. Up Against the Wall with Gretchen Hein

          Alignment helps develop strength, flexibility, and stability. When a pose is aligned, according to your body's freedom and limitations the pose will open up, the body will move deeper into a unified state, the pose will come alive and your energy will flow. Using the assistance of the wall, you will be guided to find that optimal expression in a safe manner. This class is open to those with basic yoga experience and beyond. Cost is $25. For more information contact Gretchen at tallahasseyoga@... or 850-391-9833, or register on Facebook .

          10/17/13 through10/20/13    Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen

          Looking for a way to relax and renew?  Want a delicious getaway that lets you enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, do lots of yoga and meditation with an experienced teacher/leader and a wonderful supportive community, and still be back home at the end of the weekend?  Come join us for this special annual event—space still available! Questions? Contact Ellen at ellsha@... or  (850)222-0003. Details at  DrEllenShapiro.com . You can now register and PayOnline!

          Like Namaste Yoga on Facebook