Upcoming Events and Schedule Changes at Namaste Yoga

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2012

      Dear students,

      Please note these Namaste Yoga schedule changes and upcoming events. Thank you for your continued support!

      SUMMER SPECIAL:   Save two ways—either or both!  1.Drop in to any class during the month of July for just $8. No limit!    2. Buy a 5-class special pass for $40anytime July 1-31, and you have one month from the date of purchase to use it.

      Wednesday, 6/27, 5:30 p.m. and Thursday, 6/28, 9:30 a.m. Gentle Yoga with Charlene: RESTORATIVE YOGA.   Come rejuvenate yourself!

      NO CLASSES ON JULY 4TH  We will be closed for the holiday.  All other classes are on as usual that week.

      COMMUNITY CLASS every Friday, 5:30-6:30 with optional gongmeditation from 6:30-7.

      Seva-- selfless service--from our teachers and students to the yoga community and the larger Tallahassee community.  Namaste collects donations for Refuge House, a local organization that provides direct services to battered women, their children and sexual assault survivors, as well as works to eliminate the conditions in society that allow such violence to continue.  Visit our website to see this week's teacher.  www.namaste-tallahassee.com .

      Tuesdays 9:30 – 11 a.m. New Series from July 3 - August 6th  Gentle Yoga for Balance and Stability with Charlene,(Current series goes through June 26 and new series begins July 3.) This class offers instruction in gentle movements and postures that help align,strengthen, and balance the body, as well as an exploration of ways to ensure balance in all aspects of our lives. Designed especially for baby boomers,seniors, and those who wish to cultivate stability and balance in body, mind,and spirit.  cappellini@...

      Wednesday, August 1st   Intro to Shamanic Journeying with Ellen,

      8:30 -10:30 a.m. and 7:15 – 9:15 p.m. (instead of the regular Energy Flow class).

      Special class in honor of our two-year anniversary at our wonderful home back on Lafayette St. Many of us practice yoga not only for our physical health, but for the psychological and spiritual benefits. Shamanic journeying is another practice that can take us directly into aspects of our being that are not easily accessed through other methods.  In shamanic journeying we use a hypnotic drum beat to enter in a non-ordinary state of consciousness and explore our inner worlds.  After a short review of some of the basics of the history and practice of shamanic journeying, you will have an opportunity to go on your own journey, and we will take some time after the experience to discuss and integrate.  This is an intro class,and all are welcome--no experience necessary. Cost is $15.  Passes do not apply. Contact Ellen at 850-222-0003 or ellsha@...with questions.

      Early Morning Sadhana for the New Moon with Jasbir 7/21 and8/18,  5 - 7:30 a.m

      A Kundalini Yoga tradition of experiencing the Infinite in the ambrosial hours. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of Japji Sahib, a kriya or yoga set, and an hour of mantra meditation, followed by tea and fellowship. Dress in layers, wear light or white colors and a head covering. Early Morning Sadhana is a service to the Kundalini community and is free of charge, though donations are welcome. Sadhana is a led practice and not a class. Please attend at least one Kundalini class prior to attending sadhana. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@... for more info.

      KIRTAN happens again on August 25th, and September 29at 7:30 p.m.  Kirtan is on pause for June and July.  In kirtan we join our voices together in songs,singing timeless mantras led in call and response; repeating the same mantra over and over until it takes on a life of its own.  Kirtan is a devotional practice, meditative, opening the heart in a way very different from the other yogic practices. For info contact Gretchen, tallahasseeyoga@....

      September 7 – 9, 2012 Iyengar Yoga Workshop with Sharon Conroy

      For more info contact Julia DeHoff, juliadehoff@...,(850) 224-9751.

      Dawn's Mama and Baby Yoga is taking a break for the summer.  This class will resume in the fall, alongwith two other Yoga for Kids classes taught by Dawn. Mama and Baby Yoga is for moms/caregivers and their under 1 year-olds, not yet mobile. Yoga Play for Toddlers is for moms/caregivers and their toddlers ages 1-2. Yoga Play is for moms/caregivers and children ages 3-5. Great exercise, great bonding, great fun!

      Click here to visit us on FACEBOOK

      www.namaste-tallahassee.com                850-222-0003