Upcoming Events and Schedule Changes at Namaste

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22 5:43 AM

      Dear students,

      Please note these schedule changes and upcoming events. Thank you for your continued support!

      NO COMMUNITY CLASS this Friday.  Community Class is canceled because we are hosting another Iyengar Yoga workshop with Sharon Conroy.  If you are interested in the workshop, please contact Julia DeHoff at juliadehoff@...or 850-224-9751.

      KUNDALINI YOGA will be happening on Friday as usual, and our other weekend classes will also be happening as usual.

      Upcoming Eventsat the studio:

      3/24  5-7:30 a.m. Early Morning Sadhana for the New Moon with Jasbir

      A Kundalini Yoga tradition of experiencing the Infinite in the ambrosial hours. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of Japji Sahib, a kriya or yoga set, and an hour of mantra meditation, followed by tea and fellowship. Dress in layers, wear light or white colors and a head covering. Early Morning Sadhana is a service to the Kundalini community and is free of charge, though donations are welcome.Sadhana is a led practice and not a class. Please attend at least one Kundalini class prior to attending sadhana. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@... for more info.

      3/317:30 – 9 p.m. Kirtan with Gretchen and friends

      Kirtan is an ancient yogic practice, very different from the postures and breathing we practice.  In kirtan we join our voices together in songs, singing timeless mantras; repeating the same mantra over and over until it takes on a life of its own.  Kirtan is a devotional practice,meditative, opening the heart in a way very different from the other yogic practices.  The ancient sages have said that chanting is the fast track to peace and foretold that it would be the most important practice for our troubled times.  For info contact Gretchen, tallahasseeyoga@....

      4/26 through 4/29/12    Alive and Well Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen

      Looking for a way to relax and renew?  Want a delicious getaway that lets you enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, do lots of yoga and meditation with an experienced teacher/leader, and be back home at the end of the weekend?  Come join us for this special annual event—space still available! Questions? Contact Ellen at ellsha@... or  (850)222.0003. Details at  DrEllenShapiro.com.You can now register and Pay Online!

      May5  11:30 am–12:30 pm  Chair Yoga with Marianna (through New Leaf Market) FREE! Chair Yoga is a wonderful way to experience all the benefits of yoga without getting up and down from the floor. All postures will be done either sitting or standing using the back of a chair for support. Classes will include deep conscious breathing (pranayama), full body stretching, and yoga postures(asana). This is truly yoga for everybody.  Suitable and recommended for people who are recovering from illness or surgery, persons with weight issues,seniors, those who sit at a desk all week, and anyone seeking a new experience.FREE!  To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850)942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....