KIrtan (chanting) this Saturday at Namaste Yoga

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 23, 2012
      Kirtan, Saturday, Feb. 25th, 7:30 - 9 p.m.

      We have another opportunity to dive into the world of mantra, melody, rhythm and silence -- otherwise known as Kirtan.  It's a magical combination that takes us from the day-to-day activities of life to the rich realm of our inner being.  The mantras are ancient, simple syllables that have an amazing ability to transform our thought patterns from busy to quiet, to open the heart energetically.  The melodies and rhythms help to carry the mantras.  Gretchen and  Jeffji will lead the songs.

      We hope you will add your sweet voices as we dive into the river of chant.  No experience is necessary, and you can come listen silently if you prefer.  All are welcome!

      Please contact Gretchen for more info on this and other local chanting events: gretchenhein@... or (850) 391-9833.

      See you Saturday at Namaste Yoga, 1369 E. Lafayette Street, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.

      Hope you can join us!

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2012

        KIRTAN at Namaste Yoga!     Saturday, April 28th, 7:30 – 9 p.m.

        They'll be singing and maybe some will break out into dance when we gather together for Kirtan. This age old practice of singing simple mantras was designed to quiet the mind and re-tune the heart to its joyful, loving nature. Kirtan is undergoing a huge revival across our nation and around the world. Jeffji and Gretchen will guide the melodies and words, Adam will provide the rhythms and Valerie will join us with her violin. It's call and response and we hope you'll add your beautiful voices. No prior experience is necessary.

        We hope can join us for this uplifting time together.

        Namaste Yoga, 1359 E. Lafayette Street, Tallahassee, FL.  For more information contact Gretchen at Tallahasseeyoga@....

        Like Namaste Yoga on Facebook