Upcoming Events and Schedule Changes at Namaste

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2011

      NAMASTE to all!

      Fall is in the air, and with the holidays approaching, we have some schedule changes.  Please note that along with some classes taking a break over the holidays, many will continue as usual.  We also have some new events coming up, and some are free.  Come join us!

      Saturday, November 19th, SPECIAL KIRTAN, 6.30 - 8.30 p.m. You are invited to another Maha ("Great") Kirtan this Saturday!  Chant leaders Gretchen Hein and Jeffji will be joined by Pritha and others from the Hare Krishna community for a joyous evening of devotional chanting.  No registration, fees, or experience are required---just the willingness to explore the powerful devotional practice of Bhakti Yoga. For more information, contact Hari at krishnaarpanam@... or Ellen at ellsha@....  We hope you will join us to "Chant, Dance, and Be Happy!"

      Wednesday, November 23rd, WE ARE OPEN!

      OPENING FLOW YOGA (formerly Energy Flow Yoga) with Ellen WILL meet as usual from 8:30 to 10:15 a.m. and again from 7:15 to 8:45 p.m.

      GENTLE YOGA  with Charlene WILL meet as usual from 5:30 to 7 p.m.

      Also on Wednesday, November 23rd, 4 to 5 p.m.  YOGA FOR PERFORMERS (and anyone intrigued). You are invited to a special guest class (one time only) with Robert Swedberg, director of the opera studio program at University of Michigan, and a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher.  Enhance your abilities as a performer or one who teaches performers with this course designed to meet the unique needs of singers, actors, instrumentalists, and dancers, using elements of several different yoga styles. All are welcome, and even if you are not a performer, Yoga for Performers can help you better understand your body and deal with the inevitable stresses of daily life.  (this class is open to all at UM, by popular demand!)  All are welcome!  http://www.yogaforperformers.com/about.html.  FREE, donations welcome.

      NAMASTE YOGA's Thanksgiving weekend schedule:

      Thursday, Nov 24th    Closed for Thanksgiving.

      Friday, Nov. 25th     WE ARE OPEN!  Come get your yoga groove flowing again after the festivities of Thanksgiving.

      YOGA FOR STRESS RELIEF with Deb (formerly Viniyoga), 9 to 10:30 a.m.

      KUNDALINI YOGA AND GONG, 5:30 to 7 p.m. with Jasbir.

      HEART-OPENING YOGA WITH A GRATITUDE MEDITATION  with Ellen as part of our Community Donation Class, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.  (Optional Gong Meditation from 6:30 to 7.)  Join us for gentle yoga to open the heart and a special gratitude meditation.  Harness and radiate the power of gratefulness and feel yourself connected inside and out! FREE!

      Saturday, Nov 26th

      CORE POWER HOT FLOW with Ellen as usual at 9 a.m.  Come sweat it out with a vigorous flow and great music—HOT!

      KUNDALINI YOGA with Jasbir is canceled.

      KIRTAN, 4th Saturday of the month, 7:30 - 9 p.m.  Kirtan is a devotional yogic practice in which we chant and sing simple repetitive mantras. Chanting opens the heart unlike any other practice. For more info contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833. No experience necessary—you can even just come and listen. No registration necessary—just show up! FREE! Donations accepted.

      Sunday, Nov 27th      Nell's  HEALING HEART YOGA is canceled.

      April 26th - April 29th, 2012   YOGA BEACH RETREAT with Ellen at St. George Island.  Always a great time!  Mark your calendars now, and let me know asap if you are interested.  Space is limited.  Details to follow soon—you can expect tons of yoga, meditations and healing time, great community connections, and play time on the beach.  Restore and revitalize!   ellsha@... -- 850-222-0003

      YOGA FOR BALANCE AND STABILITY, Tuesdays 9:30-11 a.m. is canceled for the rest of November and December.  It will begin again in January, 2012.  For more info, contact Charlene at (850) 766-0967 or cappellini@....

      IYENGAR YOGA, Thursdays 7:30-9 p.m. will meet through December 8th and then is cancelled for the rest of December.  Class will resume on January 5, 2012.  For more info, contact Julia at (850) 224-9751 or juliadehoff@....

      MAMA AND BABY YOGA, Tuesdays 11-11:45 a.m. will meet through December 6th and will resume on January 17th.  For more info, contact Dawn at (850) 509-6223 or earlydawn25@....

      VINIYOGA FOR BEGINNERS, Sundays 10-11:30 a.m. is canceled until further notice.

      YOGA FOR STRESS RELIEF with Deb (formerly Viniyoga—same great teachings, new name!) will continue to meet on Fridays from 9 -10:30 a.m. For more info, contact Deb at (850) 339-4675 or dhale@....

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 22, 2012

        Dear students,

        Please note these schedule changes and upcoming events. Thank you for your continued support!

        NO COMMUNITY CLASS this Friday.  Community Class is canceled because we are hosting another Iyengar Yoga workshop with Sharon Conroy.  If you are interested in the workshop, please contact Julia DeHoff at juliadehoff@...or 850-224-9751.

        KUNDALINI YOGA will be happening on Friday as usual, and our other weekend classes will also be happening as usual.

        Upcoming Eventsat the studio:

        3/24  5-7:30 a.m. Early Morning Sadhana for the New Moon with Jasbir

        A Kundalini Yoga tradition of experiencing the Infinite in the ambrosial hours. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of Japji Sahib, a kriya or yoga set, and an hour of mantra meditation, followed by tea and fellowship. Dress in layers, wear light or white colors and a head covering. Early Morning Sadhana is a service to the Kundalini community and is free of charge, though donations are welcome.Sadhana is a led practice and not a class. Please attend at least one Kundalini class prior to attending sadhana. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@... for more info.

        3/317:30 – 9 p.m. Kirtan with Gretchen and friends

        Kirtan is an ancient yogic practice, very different from the postures and breathing we practice.  In kirtan we join our voices together in songs, singing timeless mantras; repeating the same mantra over and over until it takes on a life of its own.  Kirtan is a devotional practice,meditative, opening the heart in a way very different from the other yogic practices.  The ancient sages have said that chanting is the fast track to peace and foretold that it would be the most important practice for our troubled times.  For info contact Gretchen, tallahasseeyoga@....

        4/26 through 4/29/12    Alive and Well Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen

        Looking for a way to relax and renew?  Want a delicious getaway that lets you enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, do lots of yoga and meditation with an experienced teacher/leader, and be back home at the end of the weekend?  Come join us for this special annual event—space still available! Questions? Contact Ellen at ellsha@... or  (850)222.0003. Details at  DrEllenShapiro.com.You can now register and Pay Online!

        May5  11:30 am–12:30 pm  Chair Yoga with Marianna (through New Leaf Market) FREE! Chair Yoga is a wonderful way to experience all the benefits of yoga without getting up and down from the floor. All postures will be done either sitting or standing using the back of a chair for support. Classes will include deep conscious breathing (pranayama), full body stretching, and yoga postures(asana). This is truly yoga for everybody.  Suitable and recommended for people who are recovering from illness or surgery, persons with weight issues,seniors, those who sit at a desk all week, and anyone seeking a new experience.FREE!  To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850)942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....