A gift to the community

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2011

      NEW, FREE (donation) CLASS starts this Friday!

      Beginning September 23, 2011, Namaste Yoga is offering a donation class as a gift to our community on Fridays from 5:30-6:30 pm.  The class is open to everyone--those new to yoga, as well as current Namaste or other yoga students. If you've been curious about a particular style of yoga, but have been hesitant to venture out of your comfort zone, now is a good opportunity to experience something new. You will have an opportunity to experience a different teacher each week, teaching her particular style of yoga. Just come and pay whatever amount you can, or accept the class as a gift. All donations for the class will go to The Village, a halfway house for homeless veterans.

      Seva is a sanskirt word meaning "selfless service," a core tenant of yoga and part of Namaste's vision to support and contribute to our community in a positive way.  This class is part of Namaste's seva, reminding us of our connection to others. It is a spiritual practice that expands the hearts of the giver and receiver. Just as our veterans have served us, we wish to serve our community and to show our gratitude for the service of the veterans.

      Please spread the word about the class and plan to join us.