Schedule Changes and New Classes

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2011

      Greetings! Please note the following class changes and cancellations:

      The studio will be closed on July 4th.  Ellen's and Nell's class on July 2nd and 3rd will be held as usual.

      Ellen's Monday morning Healing Hot Yoga is postponed until further notice.

      KIRTAN!  There are two upcoming Kirtans we invite you to join us for.  Kirtan is group chanting,and this practice of singing sacred names is an ancient yoga tradition.  It is a way of tuning our heart, of turning attention and intention from the outer world and all that it brings to the serenity and love of our heart and of aquiet mind.  On Saturday, June 25th, 7:30 - 9:00, the regular group of Gretchen and Jeffji will lead the chants, joined by some fabulous rhythms provided by Adam.  On Saturday, July 2, 7:00 pm we will have a special East meets West kirtan in which our group will be joined by several Indian musicians who will add the richness of their cultural wisdom.  We hope you will join us.  For more information please contact Gretchen at tallahasseeyoga@....

      KUNDALINI:  All of Jasbir's classes are cancelled for the July 4th holiday weekend, including Friday Happy Hour Yoga 7/1,  Saturday morning Kundalini Yoga 7/2, and Early Morning Sadhana 7/3.

      Jan's classes will resume at regularly scheduled times the following week, July 9,with the exception of Friday's 5:30 Happy Hour Yoga.  This class will resume on the full moon, Friday, July 15th, 5:30-6:45 and will now be Kundalini Relax and Renew, a gentle class of pranayama, a short kriya (exercise set), gong relaxation, and meditation to renew your mind, body and spirit, all taught in the Yogi Bhajan Kundalini tradition.

      The next Early Morning Sadhana with Jasbir will be on Sunday, July 31st, 5 a.m. in honor of the new moon.

      UPCOMING EVENTS:

      9/09/11to 9/11/11 Iyengar Yoga with Sharon Conroy.  For more info or to register contact Julia DeHoff, juliadehoff@..., (850) 224-9751.

      10/3/11to 11/28/11 5:30–7:15 p.m.  Exploring the Chakras with Ellen Shapiro

      We have within us great untapped powers, according to yogic teachings. The chakras are basic energy centers in the body, our power stations, which we embody and operate from on a daily basis. Each of these centers correlates to elements of nature, areas and functions of the body, and levels of consciousness. By consciously exploring and developing these energy centers, we can access and utilize our energies more effectively—becoming more grounded and more connected to ourselves, others, and to higher realms of consciousness.  In this series of classes we will use yoga, energy practices, interactive lecture, and guided meditations to explore and deepen our chakra awareness.

      Pre-registration for the entire workshop series is required--please contact Ellen at ellsha@... or 850.222.0003. Class size is limited. Cost is $160 for the series.