Chanting tonight at 7 p.m.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2011

      Dear Friends,

      Please join us tonight from 7:30 to 9 pm at Namaste Yoga for our monthly kirtan with Gretchen and friends.

      Kirtan is a devotional yogic practice in which we chant and sing simple, repetitive mantras. Chanting opens the heart unlike any other practice. It's a simple, yet profound practice that takes us from the busyness of our daily lives to a deep, quiet stillness.  As we sing the names of the divine, over and over, we are changed.  It is said that there is no difference between the name and that which is being named and that as the words roll off our lips, we invoke the Infinite, which once invoked, dwells in the space of our hearts.

      No experience necessary, and you can listen or join in as you are moved to do.  Simply basking in the energies of the chanting is uplifting and soul-satisfying! Come try it!

      For more info contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@...,(850) 391-9833. No registration necessary¬ójust show up! FREE! Donations accepted.