Community Class starting on April 5

  • charlenecappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2011

      During the month of April on each Tuesday from 7:15 to 8:30 pm, Namaste Yoga is offering a donation class as a gift to our community.  The class is open to everyone--those new to yoga, as well as current Namaste or other yoga students. Just come and pay whatever you can. So if you've been curious about a particular style of yoga, but have been hesitant to venture out of your comfort zone, now is a good opportunity to experience something new. Participants will have an opportunity to experience a different teacher each week, teaching their particular style of yoga. Donations for the class will go to The Village, a halfway house for homeless veterans.

      Seva is a sanskirt word meaning "selfless service," a core tenant of yoga and part of Namaste's vision to support and contribute to our community in a positive way.  This class is part of Namaste's seva reminding us of our connection to others. It is a spiritual practice that expands the hearts of the giver and receiver. Just as our veterans have served us, we wish to serve our community and to show our gratitude for the service of the veterans.

      Please tell your friends about the class and plan to join us.