Upcoming Events at Namaste Yoga

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11 2:18 PM

      Upcoming Events at the Studio

      We welcome you to Namasté Yoga, and are excited to offer these wonderful events and programs listed below, in addition to our regularly scheduled classes.  Please check our website at www.namaste-tallahassee.com  for recent changes in our class schedule.

      We look forward to having you join us!

      3/12, 4/9, 5/14 7:30–9:00 p.m. Dance Alive

      Get your groove on, let your energies flow, and free your body, mind, and spirit as you explore your body's natural desire to move! Take yourself higher with the natural vibration of sound and creative movement. Connect with a community of others who dance and move as a path of spiritual evolution. All are welcome! Bring your drums and percussion. Contact Ellen Shapiro at ellsha@..., (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833. No registration necessary—just show up! No charge; donations accepted.

      3/18 to 3/20 Restore, Relax and Rev It Up with Bec Conant

      Restore, Relax and Rev It Up with Bec Conant—New York and Boston yoga teacher who is expert in vinyasa, restorative, prenatal, and meditation instruction and practice. Bec has been invited back to the Tallahassee area by local students and teachers who studied with her in Italy in 2004 and in a workshop at St. George Island last year. This upcoming March weekend offers a smorgasbord of classes from which to pick and choose. It promises to be another warm, wonderful, and delightful time with "our" Bec. Space is limited, so register as soon as possible. Register at Namasté Yoga or send a check to Geralyn Russell, 342 Hawks View Lane, Tallahassee, FL 32317. Questions? Call Geralyn 850-878-2843 or Ruth Garrison 850-893-1967.

      Adobe PDF View the flyer for all the details.

      3/26, 3/27, 4/9, 4/10 Swami Yogeshwarananda at Namasté Yoga

      Swami Yogeshwarananda instructs spiritual seekers in mystical knowledge and the wisdom teachings. He is a hermit monk of the ancient Advaita Vedanta order of India. The Swami translates the essence of ancient scriptural teachings in ways we can understand and live by today. Access to this knowledge, and how to apply it in our daily lives, is the gift this Swami brings us. Those who listen and learn, gain great benefit. No charge, donations appreciated.

      Adobe PDF View the flyer for more information.

      3/26, 4/23, 5/28 7:30–9:00 p.m. Kirtan with Gretchen and friends

      Kirtan is a devotional yogic practice in which we chant and sing simple repetitive mantras. Chanting opens the heart unlike any other practice. For more info contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833. No experience necessary—you can even just come and listen. No registration necessary—just show up! FREE! Donations accepted.

      4/01 to 4/03 Iyengar Yoga with Sharon Conroy

      The Iyengar tradition asks us to be curious. It wants us to practice each pose with fresh eyes, and to see where and how the effects of the actions we give our body play out. Over time, working in this manner, we transform our body and our mind. Our poses become more aligned, and slowly but surely, our mind quiets, moving towards stillness and silence.

      For more info or to register, contact Julia DeHoff, juliadehoff@..., (850) 224-9751.

      Adobe PDF View the flyer for all the details.

      4/3, 5/1, 6/5, 5:00–7:30 a.m. Early Morning Sadhana

      A Kundalini Yoga tradition. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of recitation of Japji Sahib (Song of the Soul), a kriya or yoga set, mantra meditation and a Kundalini meditation. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@..., (850) 508-9058 for more info. No registration necessary—just show up! No charge; donations accepted.

      4/16–4/17 Vedic Thai Yoga Bodywork, aka Thai Massage

      16 Florida & National CEUs Massage Therapists

      Join Beckie Sathre for two days of studying and practicing this ancient style of bodywork deeply rooted in the healing traditions of Ayurveda and hatha yoga. It is a sensitive, rhythmic, gentle, dynamic and sacred healing art. This workshop is open to the public and is ideal for anyone wishing to develop a better understanding of the healing potential of the body. Because it integrates well with various forms of bodyworks, massage therapists, yoga teachers and yoga students will find it particularly beneficial for deepening their practice.

      Contact Beckie Sathre at (850) 377-5334 or loveallbeckie@... with questions and to register.

      Adobe PDF View the flyer for all the details.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2012

        Happy New Year to all!

        Namaste Yoga has a great new year schedule with a wide variety of yoga classes, including some new ones for 2012!  Check out our full schedule online at www.namaste-tallahassee.com and note some class time changes, as well.  We also have some exciting events and workshops coming up in the next few months.  See the list below and check the website for updates.  Namaste!

        Upcoming Events at Namaste Yoga:

        Fridays,  5:30 – 6:30 p.m.   Community Class with Namaste teachers  (Optional: stay for the LIVE GONG MUSIC from 6:30–7:00 p.m.)

        Namasté Yoga offers this weekly donation class as a gift to our community. The class is open to everyone—beginners and all yoga students. Donations are accepted and go to the Tallahassee Veterans Village, a half-way house for homeless veterans.

        1/14/12   11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.   Chair Yoga with Marianna (through New Leaf Market)

        Chair Yoga is a wonderful way to experience all the benefits of yoga without getting up and down from the floor.  All postures will be done either sitting or standing using the back of a chair for support.  Class will include deep conscious breathing, full body stretching, and yoga postures. This is truly yoga for everybody.  Suitable and recommended for people who are recovering from illness or surgery,  persons with weight issues, seniors, those who sit at a desk all week, and anyone seeking a new experience. FREE!  To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850) 942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....

        1/28, 2/25, 3/31, 4/28/12   7:30–9:00 p.m.   Kirtan with Gretchen and friends

        Kirtan is a devotional yogic practice in which we chant and sing simple repetitive mantras.  Chanting opens the heart unlike any other practice. For more info contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833.  No experience necessary--you can even just come and listen.  No registration necessary—just show up!  FREE!  Donations accepted.

        2/12/12   11 a.m. - 2 p.m.    Partner/Doubles Yoga with Ellen and Gretchen

        Connect with your partner, friend, or a fellow yoga student through conscious breath and movement. Enjoy simple shared breathing techniques and easy yoga movements that powerfully open your heart and get your energies flowing. Move in new, surprising and wonderful ways made accessible with partner support. All welcome; no experience necessary. Contact Ellen Shapiro at ellsha@... or (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@... or (850) 391-9833 to register. Cost is $35 per person.

        2/18/12   Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan, with Jasbir.  (through New Leaf Market)    11:00 a.m.  – 12:30 p.m.

        The Yoga of Awareness, in which the total creative potential of yourself becomes known to you through mantra, movement, meditation, mudra and pranayama. Awaken to your Soul, connect with the Infinite. FREE!   To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850) 942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@...

        1/21, 2/18, 3/24, 4/21/12   5:00 a.m.– 7:30 a.m.   Early Morning Sadhana for the New Moon

        A Kundalini Yoga tradition of experiencing the Infinite in the ambrosial hours. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of Japji Sahib, a kriya or yoga set, and an hour of mantra meditation, followed by tea and fellowship. Dress in layers, wear light or white colors and a head covering.  Early Morning Sadhana is a service to the kundalini community and is free of charge, though donations are welcome. Sadhana is a led practice and not a class.  Please attend at least one kundalini class prior to attending sadhana. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@... for more information.

        2/18/12   6:00 – 9:00 p.m.   Conscious Mastery® Transformational Workshop ~ "Release and Reclaim" with Astara Summers

        "Release and Reclaim" is a self-empowerment workshop. You will connect with your body and breath in preparation for the release of repressed energy. Through breath work and the sound of a medicine drum, you will be guided to reclaim lost parts of the self that have fragmented out and away due to overwhelm, fear and misunderstandings. The workshop will conclude with the powerful vibration of a Gong Bath played by Jasbir (Kundalini Teacher) To sign up and see a detailed itinerary up go to: http://www.consciousmastery.org/events/.   $35.00

        3/10/12   2:30–4:00 p.m.   Restorative Yoga with Charlene (through New Leaf Market)

        Feeling weak, fatigued, or stressed from your daily routine?  Experiencing or recovering from a major life event?  Restorative Yoga offers a way for you--no matter what your physical ability--to experience postures that gently open the body and release long-held tensions. During this class you are carefully guided into postures, fully supported with props, in a way that creates the physiological conditions that promote deep relaxation.  FREE!  To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850) 942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....

        3/23 to 3/25/12    Iyengar Yoga Workshop with Sharon Conroy

        For more info or to register contact Julia DeHoff, juliadehoff@..., (850) 224-9751.

        4/26 through 4/29/12   Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen

        Join us for this special annual event!  Details to follow soon—you can expect tons of yoga, meditation and healing time, great connections with wonderful people, play time on the beach. Restore and revitalize!  Contact Ellen Shapiro at ellsha@... or (850)-222-0003.._,_.___

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
          Greetings and Namaste!  Please join us for:

          January 13, Sunday, 7 p.m. An evening of ecstatic chanting with Sri Kirtan

          With years of experience, Sri Kirtan is refreshingly fun and spiritually deep, and has become a well-loved leader of chant on the national Kirtan scene. Visit their website, www.SriKirtan.com  for more information.   Come early and get your seat.  Cost is $20.00 at the door, with a sliding fee for those in financial need, suggested $10 minimum. Contact Gretchen Hein for more info at tallahasseeyoga@....

          February 1-3, Iyengar Yoga Weekend Intensive with Sharon Conroy

          Friday evening and Saturday sessions are open to anyone with a year of continuous yoga practice in any tradition. Sunday is open to anyone with three years of continuous yoga practice, and previous Iyengar experience. For details, or to register, contact Julia DeHoff 850-224-9751 or juliadehoff@.... Discount for registering by January 18.

          February 17, Sunday, 12-3 p.m.   Partner Play:  Exploring the edges with Gretchen and Ellen

          In this special class we'll tap into the freedom and spontaneity that arise when we give ourselves over to our playful nature in a supportive environment.  You will experience a variety of partner yoga poses to explore your edges with the support and challenge of a partner—in some you will mirror each other, and in some you will take turns assisting each other to expand your flexibility, strength, and balance.  We'll begin with some relaxed seated and standing poses, to open hamstrings, hips, chest, and shoulders, and then move into more challenging balance, back-bending and inverted poses. You will have a chance to explore flying yoga, where a flyer feels the sensation of free flight while supported by a base, generally with a spotter as well.  Simple Thai Yoga massage techniques will be woven in as we flow in and out of the roles of giver and receiver. Some poses may involve multiple people or the entire group. You will expand your capacity to trust, connect, and play openheartedly, building confidence as you let go of fear and move beyond your everyday limits with the support of a partner and the group.

          This workshop is best-suited for those familiar with basic yoga movements, who have a base of strength and flexibility, and who are free of acute injuries or challenges. Bring a yoga partner or come solo and we will partner you up.  $35 per person.  For more info and to pre-register contact Ellen ellsha@...  (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen tallahasseeyoga@....

          "We are never more fully alive, more completely ourselves, or more deeply engrossed in anything, than when we are at play."   ― Charles Schaefer

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
            We look forward to seeing you tonight for Community Yoga from 5:30 – 6:30, followed by live gong. Jasbir will lead us in GENTLE KUNDALINI YOGA, MEDITATION, and live GONG. As always, class is free and donations are accepted for Refuge House.

            A quick reminder about our upcoming events (details and registration on our website at www.namaste-tallahassee.com):

            February 1-3, Iyengar Yoga Weekend Intensive with Sharon Conroy
            (No Community Yoga class on Feb 1, but all of our other regular classes will meet as usual during that weekend.)

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2013

              Dear Namaste community,

              Here are some of our exciting upcoming events we hope you will consider joining us for.  Thank you for your continued support!

              2/26 and 2/28  Yoga with Charlene  This week Charlene will be offering Restorative Yoga in her Wednesday, 5:30 p.m.  and Thursday, 9:30 a.m.classes.  This practice is deeply relaxing and healing.  A new Yoga for Balance and Stability series with Charlene starts next week on March 5.

              3/2/13  7-11 p.m.  Quincy's Son-Rise Fundraiser at the Legion Hall, Lake Ella

              Charlene's family is holding a fundraiser  for her 7-year-old, autistic grandson, Quincy. They are hoping to raise money for Quincy to have some special Son-Rise therapy at the Autism Treatment Center of America in Sheffield, MA. This therapy is not covered by health insurance, but has already been very helpful to Quincy and his family. Please plan to come and dance to the music of Night Breeze and bid on the wonderful items  for the silent auction.  There are some lovely art pieces, jewelry, massages, yoga passes, an antique sofa, and much, much more. There will a cash bar and free refreshments. Tickets are$15 and can be purchased at the door or via PayPal. Email or call Rebecca at rebecca.cappellini@...  or (850) 545-4971 for more info.

              3/9/13  4:15 – 5:45 p.m.   Restorative Yoga with Charlene (through New Leaf Market)  Feeling weak, fatigued or stressed from your daily routine? Experiencing or recovering from a major life event? Restorative Yoga offers a way for you—no matter what your physical ability—to experience postures that gently open the body and release long-held tensions. During class you are carefully guided into postures, fully supported with props, in a way to create the physiological conditions that promote deep relaxation. Instructor:Charlene Cappellini, certified Relax and Renew® trainer, Yoga Alliance certification, Kripalu Yoga Center 2004, Viniyoga Instructor, 2012. FREE! To register,contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850)942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....  Questions? Charlene at (850)997-4534 or cappellini@....

              3/23/13  4 – 6 p.m. Up Against the Wall with Gretchen Hein

              Alignment helps develop strength, flexibility, and stability. When a pose is aligned, according to your body's freedom and limitations the pose will open up, the body will move deeper into a unified state, the pose will come alive and your energy will flow. Using the assistance of the wall, you will be guided to find that optimal expression in a safe manner. This class is open to those with basic yoga experience and beyond. Cost is $25. For more information contact Gretchen at tallahasseyoga@... or 850-391-9833, or register on Facebook .

              10/17/13 through10/20/13    Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen

              Looking for a way to relax and renew?  Want a delicious getaway that lets you enjoy one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, do lots of yoga and meditation with an experienced teacher/leader and a wonderful supportive community, and still be back home at the end of the weekend?  Come join us for this special annual event—space still available! Questions? Contact Ellen at ellsha@... or  (850)222-0003. Details at  DrEllenShapiro.com . You can now register and PayOnline!

              Like Namaste Yoga on Facebook