Upcoming events at Namaste

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2011

      We welcome you to Namaste Yoga, and are excited to offer these wonderful events and programs listed below, in addition to our regularly scheduled classes.

      We look forward to having you join us!

      1/29   1–3:00 p.m.   Yoga for the Low Back with Kate

      As yogis and yoginis, we know that our bodies are not immune from the daily stresses and traumas of modern life, but we can work to keep our spines aligned and happy.  This workshop offers an opportunity to soothe and heal stiffness, soreness, and restricted range of motion through a series of rocking, gliding, and stretching movements.  To register and for more info, contact Kate at kmarvel_lewis@...  or (541) 913-0182.  Cost is $20.

      1/29   7:30–9:00 p.m.   Kirtan with Gretchen and friends

      Kirtan is a devotional yogic practice in which we chant and sing simple repetitive mantras.  Chanting opens the heart unlike any other practice. For more info contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833.  No experience necessary--you can even just come and listen.  No registration necessary—just show up!  FREE!  Donations accepted.

      2/05  and 3/12   7:30–9:00 p.m. Dance Alive

      Get your groove on, let your energies flow, and free your body, mind, and spirit as you explore your body's natural desire to move! Enjoy a variety of non-stop danceable rhythms in a safe, fun, and uplifting environment. Bring your drums and percussion. Contact Ellen Shapiro at ellsha@..., (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833. No registration necessary—just show up! FREE! Donations accepted.

      2/12   2:30–4 p.m. Restorative Yoga with Charlene (through New Leaf Market)

      Feeling weak, fatigued, or stressed from your daily routine?  Experiencing or recovering from a major life event?  Restorative Yoga offers a way for you--no matter what your physical ability--to experience postures that gently open the body and release long-held tensions. During this class you are carefully guided into postures, fully supported with props, in a way that creates the physiological conditions that promote deep relaxation.  FREE!  Space is limited.  To register, contact Jean Crozier at New Leaf at (850) 942-2557 ext. 229 or jean@....

      2/6, 3/6, 4/3, 5/1, 6/5   5:00 a.m.–7:30 a.m.  Early Morning Sadhana

      A Kundalini Yoga tradition. Group Sadhana (practice) consists of recitation of Japji Sahib (Song of the Soul), a kriya or yoga set, mantra meditation and a Kundalini meditation. Contact Jasbir Kaur at dzurikj3@..., (850) 508-9058 for more info. No registration necessary—just show up! FREE! Donations accepted.

      2/13   11 a.m. - 2 p.m.    Valentine Yoga and Massage for Couples and Friends

      with Ellen and Gretchen

      Connect with your partner, friend, or gym buddy through conscious breath and movement. Enjoy simple shared breathing techniques and easy yoga movements that powerfully open your heart and get your energies flowing. Give and receive a Thai Yoga Massage and bask in the sensations of openness and ease in your body. All welcome; no experience necessary.  See complete flyer at DrEllenShapiro.comContact Ellen Shapiro at ellsha@... or (850) 222-0003 or Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@... or (850) 391-9833 to register. Cost is $35 per person.

      2/27  12 noon –3:00 p.m.   5 Rhythms Event

      Through the 5 rhythms, led by Amber Ryan, we set our bodies in motion as we find the beat, follow our feet and let the dance and its rhythms lead us on the path to freedom and  peace. Contact Gretchen Hein at tallahasseeyoga@..., (850) 391-9833 for cost and to register.

      3/18 to 3/20    Restore, Relax and Rev It Up with Bec Conant

      You don't want to miss this wonderful teacher!  We are lucky to have her coming.

      Contact Geralyn Russell, yogawithgeralyn@..., (850) 878-2843 for more info. View the flyer for all the details.

      4/01 to 4/03    Iyengar Yoga with Sharon Conroy

      For more info or to register contact Julia DeHoff, juliadehoff@..., (850) 224-9751.