The First Step of Classical Yoga -Yamas

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2010

      The First Step of Classical Yoga -Yamas

      Namaste Yoga hosts a workshop with JoAnna Valentine:

      On Sunday, September 19th 12pm-3:30pm we will explore the first all-important step of yoga's classical 8-step path to liberation ....the Yamas.  The yamas are the building blocks which provide the structural foundation for creating an intimate relationship with the Self/ with the God within. You could say the yamas are "the mother of all the manners"..........they are  essential for understanding and exploration if one seeks to move forward on any spiritual path.

      My Bapuji has said, "there is no real yoga happening without yamas and niyamas, they must come first."

      On this path we want to systematically increase the "satva"  in us. "Satva'" refers to the quality of being which is uncontaminated, healthy, pure and  clean in thought, word and action. It comes before postures which we tend to be aquainted with first.

      We will discuss 5 separate yamas from Patanjali's Yoga Sutras

      • and then 5 more which expands upon these
      • please bring a notebook and pen
      • cost is : $50  *** (discounts available for students - call JoAnna)
      • location:  Namaste Yoga Center 1369 Lafayette Street
      • Call JoAnna for questions 222-0291 or email joannadevi@...

      Please send a check to JoAnna Valentine 2824 Par Lane Tallahassee, Fla 32301 to reserve your spot!

      Blessings,

      JoAnna