music, chanting, dance!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2010

      Greetings to all!

      We are so excited to tell you about the manifesting of along-held dream of ours--music, chanting, and sacred dance at our new studio!Take yourself higher with the natural vibration of sound and creative movement.Connect with a community of others who hold these practices as a path of joyous expression and spiritual evolution.  Get your groove on in a safe and supportive environment where all are welcome.

      This Saturday 8/28, Gretchen Hein will lead Kirtan (chanting),7:30 - 9:00 pm, and then Gretchen will host monthly kirtans on the fourth Saturday night of every month. Donations accepted.

      The first Dance Alive will move and groove your soul on Saturday, 9/11, during our Grand Opening weekend of events. Donations accepted.

      Then join Amber Ryan for the 5Rhythms® Wave movement event on Saturday, 9/18, 4 -7 pm.  This is the work of Gabrielle Roth that many of you are familiar with. $20 advance, $25 day of, and $15 for students/seniors(60 and more). www.5Rhythms.com

      Questions? Gretchen Hein, tallahasseeyoga@...,850-391-9833 or Ellen Shapiro, ellsha@..., 850-222-0003.

      Kirtan is one of the oldest sacred music traditions of the world, and an honored practice of yoga.  It is a call and response chanting of simple mantras and sacred names.  This ancient yoga practice serves to quiet the mind, open the heart and bring us back to the center of our being.  Gretchen Hein, Jeffji and Adam Gaffney will lead providing melodies and rhythms that will lead participants to a rich inner peace.

      Dance Alive is a chance to express yourself through creative movement as you connect with the energy of the rhythmic pulsations of the music. You'll feel the liquid movement of energy and this flowing prana willmove you! Sacred dance is a true integration of body, mind and spirit, and a path to experience liberation of your soul.  Connection to the divine, a deep sense of freedom and openness, and feelings of inner and outer aliveness are just some of the benefits!  Drummers, bring your drums!

      The 5Rhythms® is a dance that help to quiet your mind, that allows you to discover your inner wisdom, that helps you attune to the very same elements we develop in our yoga practice -- it's the work of Gabrielle Roth (http://www.gabrielleroth.com/)and we are so fortunate to have this event returning to Tallahassee.

      No previous experience or special talents are necessary for any of these practices!  All are welcome--all you need is a willing mind and an open heart. If you are curious but unsure, please come as you are and just bask in the amazing energy that will be filling the room. You don't need to "DO" anything, just "BE" there and feel the rhythm.

      The yoga studio has a few chairs, and a good supply of blankets and yoga props.  But you may want to bring your own folding chair, backjack, zafu, pillow, or mat to sit on, especially for the kirtan.