Kirtan on April 9th

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010
      Kirtan(chanting) at Unity Eastside this Friday, April 9th, 7:00 - 9:00pm

      Kirtan is an ancient yogic practice, very different from the postures
      and breathing we practice. In kirtan we sing. We sing mantras, not
      long complicated ones; repeating the same mantra over and over untilit
      takes on a life of its own. Kirtan is a devotional practice. It is meditative,
      opening the heart in a way very different from the other yogic practices.
      The ancient sages have said that chanting is the fast track to peace and
      foretold that it would be the most important practice
      for our troubled times. This kirtan movement has been growing for
      several decades in the western world. There are many kirtan leaders,
      Jai Uttal, Krishna Das and Deva Premal are some of the more well known,
      but there are many. Check them out online.

      There are several kirtan groups in Tallahassee. On the 2nd Friday of
      each month one group meets at Unity Eastside, 8551 Buck Lake Roadnear
      Chaires Crossroads. We will meet this Friday, March 12th, starting at
      7:00, ending at 9:00, you need no previous experience, you need nothave
      a beautiful voice. This kirtan is led by Gretchen Hein on harmonium,
      guitar and kartals, Jeffji on guitar and Adam Gaffney providingrhythms
      on the drums.
      Please contact Gretchen, tallahasseeyoga@..., or 391-9833
      if you have any questions or want to know about other upcoming chanting events.

      Hopeto see you at a chanting event sometime soon,
      Om Shanti,  Gretchen