Yoga Beach Retreat with Ellen Shapiro

  • Ellen Shapiro
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 23, 2009

      FULLY ALIVE:

      A WOMEN'S YOGA BEACH RETREAT

      On St. George Island, FL

      October 1-3, 2009

      With Ellen Shapiro

              Would you like to spend three days at the beach relaxing and renewing?

              Are you interested in diving fully into yoga,breathing, guided visualizations,

                                           and meditation?

              Do you want to learn natural techniques for reducing stress and

                           feeling good that you can take home with you?

      WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS RETREAT:

      This retreat is for you if you want to relax, renew, and connect with your spirit.  Awaken your innate inner powers of self-discovery and joy through the ancient yet timeless practices of yoga and mindfulness.  You can also stroll the beach, swim, gaze at the almost-full moon, connect with the community of women, and have time for solitude.

      The theme of our time together will be awakening our natural aliveness and vitality. Through the transformative practices of yoga and mindfulness, we will experience the delight of connecting with our spirit in all its many aspects. During this experiential retreat, you will learn to: use yoga postures and breathwork to strengthen the mind and body, develop mindfulness as an ongoing practice, release negative self-talk, contain and transform emotions,activate energy and vitality, and open the heart and mind.  Over the three days, you will have the opportunity to practice as deeply as you are called to.  This may manifest in resting or meditating longer and more deeply. It may also mean going to new edges of intensity in your endurance, strength, or flexibility.  As we practice, we become more attuned to our inner wisdom, which will guide us to meet the experiences in the way that is just right for each of us in each moment.

      During our time together, we will spend a lot of time on the yoga mat, and review basic yoga principles of alignment and movement.  We will also delve into some more advanced postures, for those who wish to.  There will be guided  meditations, visualizations, breathwork.  We will learn easy approaches to mindfulness that we will apply throughout the weekend.  We will work mostly with our own energies, with some time also for moving in pairs (always optional).

      The daily schedule will include morning and afternoon teaching sessions, and some other structured activities.  I will also lead an early morning "Greet-The-Sun" yoga class (on the beach if we all decide that) on Friday,Saturday, and Sunday, for those who wish to join in.  (You may choose to sleep in!)  There will be plenty of time to hang out at the beach, to play, and to be in your own rhythm.

      Prior yoga experience is helpful but not necessary, and this retreat is best suited or those free from current major physical challenges.  By setting an intention to love and support one another, we will create an atmosphere of safety and openness, allowing each to go deep into her own process.  Women of all orientations are welcome.  Come drink from the deep well of healing beach energy with other like-minded seekers!

      SCHEDULE:

      The retreat will start at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, October 1st and end late Sunday morning.  The house will be available starting at 4:30 on Thursday afternoon, so come as soon as you'd like after that and spend that time however you'd like.  We will begin and end our time together in a women's circle, and will return to the container of the circle throughout the weekend.

      FOOD:  Please bring your own food for breakfast and lunch and a dish to share for our potluck feasts in the evenings.  Saturday night we will share optional music, drumming, and dancing.  Bring any instruments you care to and any favorite music.

      ABOUT YOUR RETREAT LEADER:

      Ellen Shapiro, PhD, is a Clinical Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist (AASECT), and Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher.

      She has been practicing yoga regularly since 1990 and teaching yoga in our community and beyond since 2000.  Her passions are positive health and wellness, and the integration of mind/body/spirit/sexuality though yoga, bodywork, dancing, psychotherapy, and energy transformation.  She is delighted to be offering this program again!

      ABOUT OUR ACCOMMODATIONS:

      This lovely, well-appointed home on St. George Island sits across the street from The beach with easy beach access in beautiful St. George Plantation.  Most of the participants will be sharing king and queen beds, two to a bed, and there are also four twin beds available.  The house is very comfortable and just right for all of our retreat activities.

      REGISTRATION INFORMATION:    Space is very limited so please register early.

      Email or call Ellen with any questions, ellsha@...,222-0003.

      Earlybird registration is $450.  Earlybird must be paid in full by 8/24.  After8/24, cost is $499.

      This covers the lodging and all instruction for all three nights.

      You may make three payments of $150 if you wish, due 6/29, 7/27, 8/24.

      CANCELLATION POLICY:

      If you cancel before August 10th, you will receive back your payments minus a non-refundable deposit of $50.

      For cancellations on or after August 10th,you will lose your non-refundable deposit but will then receive back 100% of the rest of your payments if I am able to fill your spot.

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      SEND THIS FORM IN TO REGISTER:<

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2010

         FULLY ALIVE: YOGA BEACH RETREAT

        On St. George Island, FL

        October 21-23, 2010

        With Ellen Shapiro

         Would you like to spend three days at the beach relaxing and renewing?

        Are you interested in learning more about yoga, breathing, guided visualizations,and meditation?

        Do you want to learn natural techniques for reducing stress and feeling good that you can take home with you?

        Do you want to connect with others on a similar path?

        WHAT TO EXPECT ON THIS RETREAT:

        This retreat is for you if you want to relax, renew, and take time for yourself.  Awaken your innate inner powers of self-discovery and joy through the ancient yet timeless practices of yoga and mindfulness. Stroll the beach, swim, gaze at the full moon, connect with a supportive community, have time for solitude.  In other words, you can
        move with your own rhythm-a real treat for most of us!

[...]

        During our time together, we will spend a lot of time on the yoga mat, and review basic yoga principles of alignment and movement.  We will also delve into some more advanced postures, for those who wish to.  There will be guided meditations, visualizations, and breathwork.  We will learn natural approaches to mindfulness that we will apply throughout the weekend.  We will also take some time to explore the deeper teachings of yoga practice,which apply both on and off the yoga mat.

        The daily schedule will include morning and afternoon yoga teaching sessions and some other structured activities.  I will also lead an early morning"Greet-The-Sun" yoga class (on the beach if we all decide that) on Friday,Saturday, and Sunday, for those who wish to join in.  (You may choose to sleep in!)  There will be plenty of time between the teaching sessions to hang out at the beach, to play, and to be in your own rhythm.

        Prior yoga experience is helpful but not necessary, and this retreat is best suited for those free from current major physical challenges.  By setting an intention to love and support one another, we will create an atmosphere of safety and openness, allowing each to go deep into their own process.  Come drink from the deep well of healing beach energy with other like-minded seekers!

        SCHEDULE: The retreat will start at 7:30 p.m. on Thursday evening, October 21st, and end late Sunday morning. The house will be available starting at 4:30 on Thursday afternoon, so come as soon as you'd like after that and spend that time however you'd like.  We will begin and end our time together in a circle, and will return to the container of the circle throughout the weekend.

        FOOD: Please bring your own food for breakfast and lunch and a dish to share for our potluck feasts in the evenings.  Saturday night we will share optional music, drumming, and dancing.  Bring any instruments you care to and any favorite music.

        ABOUT OUR ACCOMMODATIONS:  This lovely, well-appointed home on St.George Island sits directly across the street from the beach with a clear view of the ocean and easy beach access in beautiful St. George Plantation.  There is a private pool and lots of deck space. Most of the participants will be sharing king and queen beds, two to a bed, and there are also four twin beds available.  The house is very comfortable and just right for all of our retreat activities.

        ABOUT YOUR RETREAT LEADER:   Ellen Shapiro, PhD, is a Licensed Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist (AASECT), and Certified Kripalu YogaTeacher.  She has been practicing yoga regularly since 1990 and teaching yoga in our community and beyond since 2000.   She is a psychotherapist in private practice,and a sex coach and therapist.  Her passions are positive health and wellness, and the integration of mind/body/spirit/sexuality though yoga, bodywork, dancing, psychotherapy, and energy transformation.

        Ellen is delighted to be offering this program again!

        REGISTRATION INFORMATION:   Space is very limited so please register early.   Email or call Ellen with any questions, ellsha@..., 850-222-0003.

        Registration is $450 if paid in full by August 30th, and $500 after. This covers the lodging and all instruction for all three nights.

        Four payment plan: $112.50 due May 21, June 21, July 21, August 21.

        SEND THIS FORM INTO REGISTER:

        Please email or call me immediately if you intend to come, and then in order to secure your place, send a check to:

        Ellen Shapiro, 1003 North Adams St, Tallahassee, FL 32303. 850-222-0003

        What draws you to this retreat at this time?