NAMASTE YOGA 2009 SCHEDULE AND UPDATE

  • charlenecappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2009

      NAMASTE YOGA 2009

      NEW LOCATION!  Abundance Wellness Center ,
      325 John Knox Road, Building T, Tallahassee , Florida 32303
      http: //www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      JANUARY–FEBRUARY UPDATE:

      ONGOING CLASSES BEGIN SATURDAY JANUARY 3 (See schedule below)!

      WE'RE MOVING!

      We have found a new home!  Namaste Yoga (our new name) is moving to the Abundance Wellness Center (click for directions and a map to the Center) which is located off John Knox Road in the Woodcrest Office Park . It is a lovely, quiet space with a larger facility than our current location. The yoga studio is in the back of the building. Please drive to the left of the building, park in the back and enter through the small fenced backyard.  It is fine to come in the front door, too—just come! Change is usually a challenge for all of us.  We hope that our move does not create an inconvenience for you and that you will continue to be part of our yoga family.

      In order to make your yoga experience more convenient, beginning in January, we are also changing our class and payment structure.  Instead of offering two-month series of the classes, most of the classes will become ongoing. Students may purchase a package of passes and use them for any class.  Our new system offers you an opportunity to visit a variety of classes and experience different teachers more easily. Fees will be paid to Namaste Yoga rather than to individual teachers.

      Namaste will also offer occasional specialty classes and workshops for limited times.

      We so much appreciate the spirit and energy that our students and teachers have brought to Namaste. Thank you all for your continued support of Namaste Yoga.

      IYENGAR WORKSHOP:

      Sharon Conroy will return January 10–11 to offer an  Iyengar Yoga workshop.  Please contact Julia Dehoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ) to register.

      NEW AND RETURNING CLASSES:

      Gretchen Hein now teaches Dynamic Flow on Monday evenings at 5:30–7:00 pm. On Tuesdays, Jan Dzurik teaches Open Flow at 7:15–8:30 pm. Geralyn Russell will teach a special series of Yoga Nidra classes on Tuesday afternoons, as well as a special monthly DOGA class for you and your dog that will meet on the 4th Saturday of each month 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in the backyard of the Center. Charlene Cappellini will again teach a 4-week Restorative Yoga class on Tuesday mornings at 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. beginning January 13.

      SAYING GOODBYE:

      Joey Doherty is leaving Tallahassee in January.  Joey, we wish you well in your new endeavors and hope you will return soon.  Ellen Shapiro will teach Early Morning Dynamic Yoga on Tuesday mornings.  Thursday's Early Morning class will NOT be offered at this time. Chantel Graham's studies do NOT permit her to teach the Ashtanga Primary Series class on Mondays at this time. We hope she will soon be back with us.

      NEW FEE STRUCTURE!

      COSTS:  Drop-in: $12 (Student drop-in $10 with ID)
      Passes may be purchased as follows:
      5 classes: $50
      10 classes: $90
      20 classes: $160
      TERMS:  All passes expire after three months. Passes may be shared or transferred. No refunds or credit for expired passes.
      Purchase passes at Namaste from any instructor at any class

      Restorative Yoga:  $15 drop-in, $48 for package of 4 classes. DOGA $15 per class.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES
      Beginning Saturday, January 3
      (Click on class title for description)

      SUNDAY

      4:00–5:30 p.m. HEALING HEART YOGA—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ).

      MONDAY

      NEW CLASS! 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. DYNAMIC AND ALIVE with Gretchen Hein (391-9833—gretchenhein@...).

      TUESDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha.yoga@... ).

      9:30–11:00 a.m. YOGA FOR BODY, HEART, AND MIND with Gretchen Hein (391-9833—gretchenhein@...).

      11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.  RESTORATIVE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@...). January 13, 20, 27, February 3 (4 classes). Cost is $12.00 per class for prepay and $15.00 for drop-in.

      2:00–3:00 p.m.  YOGA NIDRA with Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... )

      5:30–7:00 p.m. CULTIVATING INNER WISDOM THROUGH YOGA  with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... )  and Gretchen Hein (391-9833— gretchenhein@...).

      NEW CLASS! 7:15-8:30 OPEN FLOW with Jan Dzurik (508-9058 or 385-1132— dzurikj3@...).

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. STRENGTH AND SPIRIT with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha.yoga@... ).

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ).

      7:00–8:45 p.m. STRENGTH AND SPIRIT with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha.yoga@... ).

      THURSDAY

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ).

      5:30–7:00 p.m. YOGA FOR ANY BODY—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ).

      7:30–9:00 p.m. YOGA IN THE IYENGAR STYLE Julia DeHoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ).

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003—ellsha.yoga@... ).

      5:30–6:45 p.m. HAPPY HOUR ASHTANGA YOGA, SHORT FORM with Jan Dzurik (508-9058 or 385-1132— dzurikj3@...).

      SATURDAY

      9:00–10:30 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro and other teachers (222-0003—ellsha.yoga@... ).

      NEW CLASS! 11:30–12:30 p.m.  DOGA with Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@...). Offered on the 4th Saturday of each month, beginning January 24, in the backyard of Abundance Wellness Center . Cost is $15 per class. Call Geralyn to pre-register.

      PREPARING FOR CLASSES:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a small towel and water.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns about the classes.  For general questions about Namaste Yoga, call 222-0003.

      Namaste,
      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga