NOVEMBER-DECEMBER 2008 NAMASTE YOGA CENTER SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

  • charlenecappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2008

      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      NOVEMBER–DECEMBER 2008 YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee , FL 32301
      (at the corner of Goodbody Lane and Lafayette Street )
      http: //www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below is the November–December 2008 schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center (NYC). Drop-ins are welcome in all classes, space permitting. You may prepay for a class series from your first class with a check or cash. Check with your teacher at that time to verify the cost. If you have questions, feel free to contact the teacher of the class you are interested in. For detailed descriptions of individual classes, please click on the class title or go to http://www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      COSTS: Most classes last for 1 ½ hour. If you prepay for a series, the charge is $10.00 per class; if you drop-in, $12.00 per class.  Restorative Yoga costs $12.00 per class for prepay and $15.00 per class for drop-in. Tuesday's Meditation for Yoga, Fridays' Happy Hour yoga, and Saturday's Find Real Peace, Love and Joy are 1-hour classes and cost $10 per class.

      NOVEMBER–DECEMBER UPDATE:

      Thank you all for your continued support of Namaste Yoga Center .  The search for a new home is still in process.  We have some wonderful possibilities and will keep you posted as our plans develop.

      IYENGAR WORKSHOP:  Her first workshop for Namaste was so successful that Sharon Conroy is returning to offer a second Iyengar Yoga Classes workshop on November 15 and 16.  Please contact Julia Dehoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ) to register.

      EMBRACING WINTER:  A DAY OF RENEWAL AND RETREAT FOR WOMEN:

      Sunday, December 21, 9 am to 4 pm with Ellen Shapiro

      As we come to the shorter days and longer nights of winter, there is a natural calling to go within. Give yourself the gift of reconnecting with your heart and nourishing your soul in the midst of the busyness of the holiday season.  This day of retreat will be a time for renewal and reflection, for connecting with our deeper selves and with each other, and for experiencing the inner peace that flows at the core of our being. Using elements of yoga, conscious breathing and movement, meditation and relaxation, journaling, and deep sharing and listening, we will open to the natural abundance present in ourselves and our lives.  No prior experience is necessary. Please bring layered clothes, two pillows and a blanket, a journal, lunch, water, and a snack to share. Space is limited, so please register early. Cost is $99. We will spend most of the day inside at Namaste Yoga Center , and weather permitting, will walk to Myers Park to immerse ourselves in nature's winter bounty.

      NEW AND RETURNING CLASSES: To help with holiday stress, Geralyn Russell will be offering a special series of Yoga Nidra classes on Saturday afternoons, and Charlene Cappellini will again offer a 4-week Restorative Yoga class on Tuesday mornings.

      NEW TIMES FOR OLD CLASSES: Please note that time changes in Tuesday morning classes.  Gretchen Hein's Yoga for Body, Mind, and Heart is now 9:30–11:00 a.m. and Charlene's Restorative Yoga is 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      SUNDAY

      4:00–5:30 p.m. HEALING HEART YOGA—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). November 2–December 14 (7 classes).

      MONDAY

      9:30–11:00 a.m. GENTLE YOGA with Kathy Weiss (385-4498— katweiss03@... ) and Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... ). November 3–December 15.  (7 classes).

      7:00–8:30 p.m. ASHTANGA YOGA–PRIMARY SERIES with Chantel Graham (459-5717—hothimama@...). Ongoing. No class on December 22. For intermediate level students or those with previous Ashtanga experience.

      TUESDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). November 11–December 16 (6 classes). Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      NEW TIME! 9:30–11:00 a.m. YOGA FOR BODY, HEART, AND MIND with Gretchen Hein (391-9833—gretchenhein@...). November 4–December 16 (7 classes).

      NEW TIME! 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.  RESTORATIVE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@...). November 11, 18, December 2, 9 (4 classes). Cost is $12.00 per class for prepay and $15.00 for drop-in.

      2:00–3:00 p.m.  THE YOGA OF MEDITATION with Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... ) and Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@...). November 11– December 16. (5 classes).

      5:30–7:30 p.m. FINDING PEACE AND MEANING THROUGH YOGA  with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ).  November 4–December 23 (8 classes).

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). November 5–December 17. (7 classes).

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). November 12–December 17. (5 classes). No class on November 26.

      7:00–8:45 p.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). November 5–December 17. (7 classes).

      THURSDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). November 13–December 18. (5 classes). No class on November 27. Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). November 13–December 18. (5 classes). No class on November 27.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. YOGA FOR ANY BODY—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). November 6–December 23. (8 classes). No class on November 27.

      7:30–9:00 p.m. YOGA IN THE IYENGAR STYLE Julia DeHoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ). November 6–December 4. (4 classes). No class on November 27.

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003—ellsha@... ). November 7–December 19. (6 classes). No class on November 28.

      5:30–6:30 p.m. HAPPY HOUR YOGA–ASHTANGA PRIMARY SERIES, SHORT FORM with Jan Dzurik (508-9058 or 385-1132— dzurikj3@...). Ongoing. No class on November 28 or December 26.

      SATURDAY

      9:00–10:30 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro and other teachers (222-0003—ellsha@... ). Ongoing. Yoga asana practice ends at 10:30 with an optional 20-minute meditation following; class cost is $12 per class.

      NEW 4:00–5:00 p.m. FIND REAL PEACE, LOVE AND JOY DURING THE HOLIDAY SEASON with Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... ). November 29, December 13, 20 and 27. (4 classes) No class December 6.  Class cost is $8 per class for prepay; $10 per class for drop-in.

      PREPARING FOR CLASSES:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a large towel to cover your mat and a small towel for wiping.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,
      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center