Namaste Yoga Center SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER 2008 Schedule

  • charlenecappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2008

      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      SEPTEMBER–OCTOBER 2008 YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee , FL 32301
      (at the corner of Goodbody Lane and Lafayette Street )
      http: //www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below is the September–October 2008 schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center (NYC). Drop-ins are welcome in all classes, space permitting. You may prepay for a class series from your first class with a check or cash. Check with your teacher at that time to verify the cost. If you have questions, feel free to contact the teacher of the class you are interested in. For detailed descriptions of individual classes, please click on the class title or go to http://www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      COSTS: Most classes last for 1 ½ hour. If you prepay for a series, the charge is $10.00 per class; if you drop-in, $12.00 per class.  Fridays' Lunch for the Soul and Happy Hour yoga are $10 per class.

      SEPTEMBER–OCTOBER UPDATE:

      We would like to thank all of our students for their patience around the changes in the schedule and the postponement of the renovations of our center.  As you know, we are in the process of searching for a new home for our yoga center.  We will keep you posted as our plans develop.

      NEW AND RETURNING CLASSES:  We are pleased to welcome Jan Dzurik to our faculty.  Jan will be teaching Happy Hour Ashtanga Yoga on Fridays.  Jan currently teaches at Journeys In Yoga and has taught at Prana Power Yoga.  Nell Corry returns from the UK to offer her Healing Heart Yoga on Sundays (beginning Sept. 21) and Yoga for Any Body on Thursdays (beginning Sept. 18).  Geralyn Russell and Kathy Weiss return from their summer break to offer Gentle Yoga on Mondays (beginning September 15).   Gretchen Hein returns to offer Yoga For Body, Heart, And Mind (beginning Sept. 16).  Charlene Cappellini will again offer a 4-week Restorative Yoga class in September and, in October on Tuesday afternoons,  Geralyn and Charlene will be offering Yoga for Meditation.

      See full schedule below.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      SUNDAY

      4:00–5:30 p.m. HEALING HEART YOGA—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). September 21–October 26 (6 classes).

      MONDAY

      9:30–11:00 a.m. GENTLE YOGA with Kathy Weiss (385-4498— katweiss03@... ) and Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... ). September 15–October 27.  (7 classes).

      5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA AND YOGA NIDRA with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ).  September 8–October 27 (8 classes).

      7:00–8:30 p.m. ASHTANGA YOGA–FULL PRIMARY SERIES with Chantel Graham (459-5717—hothimama@...). Ongoing. For intermediate level students or those with previous Ashtanga experience.

      TUESDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). September 2–September 23 (4 classes). Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      NEW TIME 8:30–10:00 a.m. YOGA FOR BODY, HEART, AND MIND with Gretchen Hein (391-9883—gretchenhein@...). September 16–October 28 (7 classes).

      NEW TIME 10:30 a.m.–12:00 noon RESTORATIVE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@...). September 9–September 30 (4 classes). Cost is $12.00 per class for prepay and $15.00 for drop-in.

      NEW 2:00–3:00 p.m.  THE YOGA OF MEDITATION with Geralyn Russell (878-2843— andygeri@... ). and Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@...). September 30– October 28. (5 classes).

      5:30–7:30 p.m. INTERMEDIATE YOGA AND PRANAYAM TO CULTIVATE INNER RADIANCE with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ).  September 9–October 28 (8 classes).

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). September 3–October 29. (8 classes).

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). September 10–October 29. (5 classes). No class on October 8.

      7:00–8:45 p.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). September 3–October 29. (8 classes).

      THURSDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). September 4–September 25. (4 classes). Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). September 11–October 30. (7 classes). No class on September 25.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. YOGA FOR ANY BODY—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). September 18–October 30. (7 classes)

      7:30–9:00 p.m. YOGA IN THE IYENGAR STYLE Julia DeHoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ). September 4–October 30. (8 classes). No class on October 2.

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003—ellsha@... ). September 5–October 31. (9 classes)..

      12 noon–1:00 p.m. LUNCH FOR THE SOUL with Julya Rose Denholm (878-7711— ro_denholm@...).  September 5–October 31.  (9 classes).

      5:30–6:30 p.m. HAPPY HOUR YOGA–ASHTANGA PRIMARY SERIES, SHORT FORM with Jan Dzurik (508-9058 or 385-1132— dzurikj3@...). Ongoing.

      SATURDAY

      9:00–10:30 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro and other teachers (222-0003—ellsha@... ). Ongoing. Yoga asana practice ends at 10:30 with an optional 20-minute meditation following; class cost is $12 per class.

      PREPARING FOR CLASSES:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a large towel to cover your mat and a small towel for wiping.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,
      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center