NAMASTE YOGA CENTER, JULY-AUGUST 2008 SCHEDULE

  • charlenecappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2008

      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      JULY–AUGUST 2008 YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee , FL 32301
      (at the corner of Goodbody Lane and Lafayette Street )
      http: //www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below is the July–August 2008 schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center (NYC). Drop-ins are welcome in all classes, space permitting. You may prepay for a class series from your first class with a check or cash. Check with your teacher at that time to verify the cost. If you have questions, feel free to contact the teacher of the class you are interested in. For detailed descriptions of individual classes, please click on the class title or go to http://www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      COSTS: Most classes last for 1 ½ hour. If you prepay for a series, the charge is $10.00 per class; if you drop-in, $12.00 per class.  Fridays' Lunch for the Soul and Happy Hour yoga are $10 per class.

      JULY–AUGUST UPDATE:

      Namaste Yoga Center is getting a make-over!  The Center will be closed from July 19–25 in order for us to paint and to install new flooring. We hope that you will find the results worth the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience during this time.

      New Classes:  We are pleased to welcome Julya Denholm who is now teaching a Friday Lunch class. Julya is a native Tallahassean who trained and taught at Kripalu Yoga Center .  We are happy that she has returned to town and has joined our staff.  Joey Doherty will teach her Early Morning Dynamic Yoga on Thursdays, as well as Tuesdays.

      Summer breaks:  Geralyn Russell and Kathy Weiss `s Monday Gentle Yoga , Gretchen Hein's Tuesday Gentle Yoga, and Charlene Cappellini's Restorative Yoga are postponed until fall. Nell Corry will end her Sunday Healing Heart Yoga and the Thursday Yoga for Anybody classes in mid-July and travel to the UK during August.  Her classes will resume in September.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      SUNDAY

      4:00–5:30 p.m. HEALING HEART YOGA—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). July 6–July 13 (2 classes).

      MONDAY

      5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA AND THE BREATH OF LIFE with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Current series continues until July 14. New Series: August 4–25 (4 classes).

      7:00–8:30 p.m. ASHTANGA YOGA with Chantel Graham (459-5717—hothimama@...). Ongoing. No class on July 21.

      TUESDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). July 1–August 26 (8 classes). No class on July 22. Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      5:30–7:30 p.m. INTERMEDIATE YOGA AND PRANAYAM with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ).  Current series continues until July 15. No class on July 22. New Series: August 5–26 (4 classes).

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). July 2–August 27. (8 classes). No class on July 23.

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). July 9–August 13. (5 classes). No class on July 23.

      7:00–8:45 p.m. PEACEFUL YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). July 2–August 27. (8 classes). No class on July 23.

      THURSDAY

      6:15–7:30 a.m. EARLY MORNING DYNAMIC YOGA with Joey Doherty (544-YOGA— jdcrawford33@...). July 3–August 28. (8 classes). No class on July 24. Class must have a minimum of 5 registered students to continue. Please call or email to register asap.

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). July 10–August 14. (5 classes). No class on July 24.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. YOGA FOR ANY BODY—YOGA FROM THE INSIDE OUT with Nell Corry (877-9086—cerulean3@... ). July 3–10. (2 classes)

      7:30–9:00 p.m. YOGA IN THE IYENGAR STYLE Julia DeHoff (224-9751—juliadehoff@... ). A July 3 class will be offered if enough students pre-register.  Call or email if interested. July 10–August 28. (6 classes). No class on July 24, July 31, or August 9.

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003—ellsha@... ). July 11–August 29. (7 classes). No class on July 4 or 25.

      12 noon–1:00 p.m. LUNCH FOR THE SOUL with Julya Denholm (878-7711— ro_denholm@...).  July 11–August 29.  (7 classes). No class on July 4 or 25.

      5:30–6:30 p.m. HAPPY HOUR YOGA with Chantel Graham (459-5717—hothimama@...). Ongoing. No class on July 4 or 25.

      SATURDAY

      9:00–10:30 a.m. CORE POWER YOGA with Ellen Shapiro and other teachers (222-0003—ellsha@... ). Ongoing. No class on July 19.

      Yoga asana practice ends at 10:30 with an optional 20-minute meditation following; class cost is $12 per class.

      PREPARING FOR CLASSES:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a large towel to cover your mat and a small towel for wiping.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,
      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center