FALL_2005_SCHEDULE_EMAIL

  • Charlene Cappellini
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2005
      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      2005 EARLY FALL YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee , FL 32301

      NAMASTE, AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below you will find the fall schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center . Most (but not all—see individual listings) classes begin the week of AUGUST 8. These series of classes run for 8-9 weeks, varying by the instructor. In October we will begin another set of 8-9 week series of classes that will run through December. Please check with your instructor to confirm dates and times of classes before the first class. Drop-ins are welcome in all classes.

      Students of Guru Beant (Bridget Kamke) and Gretchen Hein will be happy to know that Bridget is the mother of beautiful girl, Matelea Margaret Kamke, and Gretchen has a new grandbaby, Jaxon Owen Hardin. Gretchen now resides in Woodstock , NY —we miss her!  Bridget plans to offer a Mom and Baby’s Yoga class in a month or two.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,

      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center

      COST: Those who prepay for a series pay the equivalent of $10.00 per class.  Drop-in classes are $12.00. Before writing a check, please check with individual teachers for class fees.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      MONDAY

      7:00–8:30 p.m. DYNAMIC HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314Courtney.woodward@... ).  Begins August 15, ends October 3

      (8 weeks).

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Dynamic hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      TUESDAY

      5:30–7:15 p.m.  NURTURING THE SPIRIT THRU YOGA with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins August 9, ends October 4 (9 weeks).Nurturing the sacred qualities of flexibility, focus, awareness, balance, confidence, peace, compassion and acceptance will be the focus of this class. We will combine yoga postures with conscious breathing and slow movements to enhance our perception and insight into the realm of the spirit. As the practice unfolds, deep-seated and unconscious tensions held in the body begin to release . . . the body relaxes, the mind calms . . . and a new perspective dawns as we begin to see life through the eyes of the soul.

      Class will end with relaxation and a short (optional) sitting meditation. I hope you can join me!

      WEDNESDAY

      8:4510:30 a.m.  YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003 ellsha@... ). Begins August 10, ends October 5 (9 weeks).

      Experience the connection with mind, body and spirit that comes from coordinating movement with breath and moving with conscious awareness.  In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice the yogic elements of postures, breathwork, and meditation in a yoga flow that combines movement with breath throughout the entire class.  We will focus on basic yoga principles that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind.   Moving with breath awareness cultivates a strong, flexible body and also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop an inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and learn how to relax the body and mind. Our yoga then naturally becomes a gateway to healing, wholeness, peacefulness, and integration of mind, body, and spirit.

      5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA FOR WELL-BEING with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). Begins August 17 (no class on September 7 ends October 12 (8 weeks).

      Deepen your inner awareness through a gentle flow of yoga postures that includes instruction on developing the body's core stabilization to increase strength and endurance, support the spine, and improve alignment. You will learn to build yoga postures from their base upward, supportive breathing techniques, and restorative poses. Each class ends with a deep, meditative relaxation. All designed to awaken your body's inner wisdom and give you a sense of peace and well-being.

      7:008:45 p.m.  YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003 ellsha@... ). Begins August 10, ends October 5 (9 weeks).

      Experience the connection with mind, body and spirit that comes from coordinating movement with breath and moving with conscious awareness.  In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice the yogic elements of postures, breathwork, and meditation in a yoga flow that combines movement with breath throughout the entire class.  We will focus on basic yoga principles that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind.   Moving with breath awareness cultivates a strong, flexible body and also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop an inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and learn how to relax the body and mind. Our yoga then naturally becomes a gateway to healing, wholeness, peacefulness, and integration of mind, body, and spirit.

      THURSDAY

      9:3011 a.m.  THURSDAY MORNING YOGA with Charlene Cappellini  (997-4534cappellini@... ). Begins August 18, ends October 12 (8 weeks).

      Designed to help you relax and harmonize with your body's natural rhythms, these classes offer instruction on conscious breathing techniques, developing core stabilization and improving alignment through gentle yoga stretches and movements, restorative postures, and meditation that will quiet the mind and awaken your body's own wisdom.

      5:307:00 p.m. DYNAMIC HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314 Courtney.woodward@... ).   Begins August 15, ends October 3

      (8 weeks).

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Dynamic hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      7:309:00 p.m. THURSDAY NIGHT YOGA with Julia DeHoff (224-9751— juliadehoff@... ). Begins August 11, ends October 6 (9 weeks).

      We will strengthen our muscles and stretch our bodies with standing poses, forward bending, backward bending, and twisting, and end by relaxing completely. CAUTION: Yoga may be habit forming, and can create intense feelings of well-being. Julia studies and practices Iyengar yoga.

      FRIDAY

      9:00–10:45 a.m. HOT, SWEATY YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins August 12 (no class on September 2, ends October 7 (8 weeks).

      Challenge your body and your mind with this vigorous yoga class. Through a lively, intense practice of postures and breathwork we cultivate joyfulness, deep concentration, inner calm, and the integration of mind, body and spirit.  We conclude with deep, luxurious relaxation. The room is somewhat heated, which allows our muscles to relax and stretch deeply.  Sweating helps us cleanse and revitalize, physically, mentally and spiritually. Come prepared for a good workout, and bring water and a towel.

      11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. YOGA FOR LUNCH with Charlene Cappellini  (997-4534— cappellini@... ). Begins August 19, ends October 7 (8 weeks).

      This series offers you a break from the stress of the work week. You will receive instruction on conscious breathing techniques, gentle yoga stretches and postures, core stabilization, and meditation. You will return to work refreshed and relaxed and prepared for a great weekend.

      6:00–7:30 p.m. DYNAMIC HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— Courtney.woodward@... ). Begins August 15, ends October 3

      (8 weeks).

      A series of asanasposturescombined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Dynamic hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      SATURDAY

      9:00 –10:30 a.m.  SATURDAY MORNING YOGA— DYNAMIC HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward  (766-6314— Courtney.woodward@... ). Begins August 15, ends October 3 (8 weeks).

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Dynamic hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      If anyone is interested in Mantra Chanting, a form of Bhakti yoga, call JoAnna at 222-0291.

      To be added to our email list to receive future class offerings, please send your current email address and your name to ellsha@... .To continue receiving our flyer in the future by ground mail, call Ellen at 222-0003 and leave your name and address.

      IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE NYC EMAIL ANNOUNCEMENTS OR IF YOU ARE RECEIVING UNWANTED DUPLICATES, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO ellsha@... WITH YOUR WISHES. INCLUDE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AS WELL AS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.