WEEKEND BEACH RETREAT

  • Ellen Shapiro
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2007
      WEEKEND YOGA RETREAT with Ellen Shapiro

      You are invited to a weekend yoga retreat at St. George Island over
      the weekend of May 4th-6th, 2007. This will be a time to renew our
      spirits and deepen our yoga practice. The theme of our time together
      will be self-discovery--connecting with our essence-- through the
      transformative practices of yoga. Through this experiential retreat,
      you will learn practices to: use yoga asanas and breathwork to
      strengthen the mind and body, develop mindfulness, release negative
      self-talk, contain and transform emotions, activate energy and
      vitality, and open the heart and mind. As we practice, we naturally
      access inner stillness and the truth of who we really are. Come drink
      from the deep well of healing beach energy with other like-minded seekers!

      The retreat will start on Friday evening, May 4th, and end late Sunday
      morning. For those who wish to come earlier, the house will be
      available starting late Thursday afternoon.

      During our time together, we will spend a lot of time on the yoga mat,
      and review basic yoga principles of alignment and movement. There
      will also be guided meditation, visualization, and breathwork
      sessions. We will work mostly with our own energies, with some time
      also for moving in pairs (always optional).

      There will also be early morning yoga classes (on the beach if we all
      decide that) on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, for those who wish to
      join in. (You may choose to sleep in!) There will be time to be
      alone, to hang out at the beach, and to play.

      Please bring your own food for breakfast and lunch and a dish to share
      for a potluck feast on Friday and Saturday nights. Saturday night we
      will share optional music and dancing. Bring any instruments you care
      to and any favorite music.

      By setting an intention to love and support one another, an atmosphere
      of safety and openness can blossom, allowing each to go deep into
      their own process. Individuals and couples of all sexes, genders, and
      orientations welcome! I hope you can join us!

      About the instructor: Ellen Shapiro, Ph.D., is a Clinical
      Psychologist, Certified Sex Therapist (AASECT), Certified Kripalu
      Yoga Teacher, and graduate of Loretta Armer's Namaste Yoga teacher
      training. She has been practicing yoga since 1990 and teaching yoga
      classes in our community and beyond for seven years. She has long
      been interested in positive health and wellness, and in the
      integration of mind/body/spirit/sexuality though psychotherapy, yoga,
      bodywork, and energy transformation. She is delighted to be offering
      this program!

      The house we will be in has bedding for 16 people. Individuals will
      be sharing king and queen beds, or choose to sleep on mats on the
      floor. The cost is $250 for those arriving Friday, and $300 for those
      arriving Thursday evening. This covers the lodging and instruction.
      Space is very limited so please register early. Email or call Ellen
      with any questions, ellsha@..., 222-0003. No prior yoga
      experience necessary.
      To Register: VERY IMPORTANT: Please email me immediately if you
      intend to come, and then in order to secure your place, send a check
      ASAP to Ellen Shapiro. You may send in a deposit of $125 if you
      choose, with the remainder due March 16th.

      Please fill out the information below and send or email it to me. Thanks.
      Ellen Shapiro, 922 East Lafayette St, Suite 1,
      Tallahassee, FL 32301.

      Name:

      Address:

      Phone Numbers:

      Email Address:

      When do you plan to arrive?

      Describe your previous yoga experience:

      Issues or concerns you would like me to be aware of (health, physical,
      emotional, spiritual):

      What draws you to this retreat at this time?