60FALL_2006_SCHEDULE_EMAIL

  • Charlene Cappellini
    Aug 12, 2006
      NAMASTE YOGA CENTER OF TALLAHASSEE

      2006 FALL YOGA CLASSES

      922 East Lafayette Street, Tallahassee , FL 32301
      (at the corner of Goodbody Lane and Lafayette Street )
      http//www.namaste-tallahassee.com

      NAMASTE AND WELCOME TO ALL!

      Below you will find the fall schedule of classes for Namaste Yoga Center (NYC). Series run for 8 to 11 weeks, most ending the last week in October. Please check with individual instructors to confirm dates and times of classes before the first class. Drop-ins are welcome in all classes.

      Julia’s classes will begin the week of September 4 and run through October.

      Ellen will be teaching the early morning Tuesday class and will continue to teach the Saturday class as an ongoing drop-in class.

      Charlene’s classes will begin September 20, 21, and 23 and run through December 6, 7, and 8. Students may prepay for a half session or whole session.

      Courtney’s classes continue to be ongoing and not offered by series, she will no longer offer the Saturday class.

      JoAnna’s current series will run until the end of September; then she will begin two new series the first week in October.

      Preparing for classes:  Eat lightly or not at all for at least 2 hours before class. Dress in comfortable, loose clothing.  Some mats and blankets are available, but you may want to bring your own and a bottle of water. We also have ties and props. For heated classes, please bring a large towel to cover your mat and a small towel for wiping.

      We extend our warmest invitation to all of you, new and ongoing students, to join us for yoga soon. Please feel free to call or email any of the instructors with any questions or concerns you may have.

      Namaste,

      The Teachers of Namaste Yoga Center

      COST: Those who prepay for a series pay the equivalent of $10.00 per class. Drop-in classes are $12.00, except for lunchtime classes which are $10.00. Before writing a check, please check with individual teachers for class fees.

      SCHEDULE OF CLASSES

      MONDAY

      Continuing through September 18:  5:15–6:45 p.m. EXPLORING THE BODY’S ENERGY SYSTEM THROUGH YOGA with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins July 31, ends September 18 (8 weeks). This class will focus on investigating the 7 primary chakras or energy centers of the body which correlate to specific parts of the body, different colors, specific life issues and lessons, developmental stages and much, much more. Yoga postures, visualization and meditation will be utilized to open and stimulate each center which is like a power source that we can learn to tune into—each one containing special attributes that we are all meant to acquire in our lifetime. In this series we will use this model—the Chakra system—to heighten our awareness of the more subtle and refined aspects of ourselves and the journey of the spirit.

      Starting October 2. 5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA AND YOGA NIDRA with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins October 2, ends November 20 (8 weeks).

      One hour of postures and 30 minutes of guided relaxation!

      Deep within the heart of every human being resides a vast ocean of peace . . . . .

      This class promises to fathom the depths of this boundless sea. It is designed to gently stretch, strengthen, and open the entire body to help the practitioner release tension, reduce stress, and return to a state of inner calm and balance. .Focus will be placed on simple breathing, body awareness, coordinating breath with movement, and "honoring the wisdom of the body"—each person will be encouraged to work within the limits of their individual flexibility and strength. The class concludes with 30 minutes of yoga nidra which is an ancient tantric practice of meditation/relaxation designed to bring you to the deepest relaxed state . . . inducing complete physical, mental, and emotional peace and tranquility. Similar to deep, dreamless sleep, this process leads you to progressively descend into the deepest levels of consciousness and tap into your own inner divinity.

      Because this practice takes you so deep, it initiates shifts from the deepest core of your being—providing you with powerful tools to really enhance your life and make it the joyful experience it is meant to be!

      Please call JoAnna if you have any questions.

      7:00–8:30 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      TUESDAY

      6:15 a.m.–7:30 a.m. DYNAMIC KRIPALU YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins September 5, ends October 24 (8 classes).

      Treat yourself to a great start for the day. This series of classes will explore the edges of our bodies, minds and souls. It will be progressive in nature, challenging those at any level to observe their limits. Classes will combine breath work and yoga postures in a meditative way to promote strength, stamina, flexibility and a sense of inner peace. Bring a towel and water bottle.

      Continuing through September 19:  5:30–7:15 p.m. ROMANCING YOUR SPIRIT with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins August 1, ends September 19 (8 weeks).
      In this class we will explore the depth of yoga experientially through a carefully designed series of practices including asana, breath work, relaxation, and meditation. Yoga asanas (postures) coordinated with the breath allow the practitioner to release deep-seated tension held in the body - which, in turn, relaxes the body, calms the mind, and allows the stillness of meditation to happen naturally. Each component of this practice enhances all the others and together creates a powerful synergy of spiritual attunement.

      We shall use the body as an entry point for our awareness, and slowly we will move from the periphery of our being to the center - the inner sanctuary - where we can find balance, peace, wholeness, and oneness in body, mind, heart, and spirit.

      This is the whole purpose of yoga - to work consciously to enter this timeless state of being. Please join me on this most sacred journey.

      Starting October 3. 5:15–6:45 p.m. YOGA AND THE 7 SPIRITUAL LAWS OF SUCCESS with JoAnna Valentine (222-0291— joannadevi@... ). Begins October 3, ends November 21 (8 weeks).

      Success in life could be defined as the continued expansion of joy and the progressive realization of the fullness of who we really are . . . .

      This class invites you to come explore, experience, and nurture the inward journey of yoga based on the 7 spiritual laws of success as described by Deepak Chopra in his book of the same name. Postures are intricately intertwined into a flow that strengthens and energizes the entire body. We will use the practice to consciously come to a place of unity—a place of oneness in mind, body, heart, and soul. Here . . . all the energy bodies align, peace pervades, and the heart sings . . . .

      WEDNESDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins September 6 ends October 25 (8 classes).

      In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice an energetic yoga flow of postures and breath work. We will focus on yoga postures that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind, especially those that increase core strength and stability. You will develop greater strength, increased flexibility, and an increase in energy capacity. As yoga helps us cultivate a strong, flexible body, it also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and naturally relax the body and mind.

      5:15–6:45 p.m. GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534— cappellini@... ). Begins September 20 (No class October 18, November 30), ends December 6 (11 classes).

      Deepen your inner awareness through a gentle flow of yoga postures that includes instruction on developing the body's core stabilization to increase strength and endurance, support the spine, and improve alignment. You will learn to build yoga postures from their base upward, supportive breathing techniques, and restorative poses. Each class ends with a deep, meditative relaxation. All designed to awaken your body's inner wisdom and give you a sense of peace and well-being.

      7:00–8:45 p.m. YOGA FLOW with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins September 6 ends October 25 (8 classes).

      In this class, good for beginners as well as ongoing students, we will practice an energetic yoga flow of postures and breath work. We will focus on yoga postures that stretch, open, strengthen, and balance the body/mind, especially those that increase core strength and stability. You will develop greater strength, increased flexibility, and an increase in energy capacity. As yoga helps us cultivate a strong, flexible body, it also calms the mind and reduces stress. Through these practices, we develop inner focus, experience increased feelings of vitality and aliveness, and naturally relax the body and mind.

      THURSDAY

      9:30–11 a.m.  GENTLE YOGA with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). Begins September 21, (No class October 12, 19, December 1), ends December 7 (10 classes).

      Designed to help you relax and harmonize with your body's natural rhythms, these classes offer instruction on conscious breathing techniques, developing core stabilization and improving alignment through gentle yoga stretches and movements, and restorative postures, ending with a deep meditative relaxation. All of which that will help to quiet the mind and awaken your body's own wisdom.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e., provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      7:30–9:00 p.m. MEDITATION IN ACTION with Julia DeHoff (224-9751— juliadehoff@... ). Begins September 7, ends October 26 (8 classes).

      A strong yoga class that focuses on developing flexibility, increasing strength, and bringing the body into alignment. This develops the union of body and mind, and builds concentration, awareness, and deep relaxation.

      FRIDAY

      8:30–10:15 a.m. HOT, VIGOROUS YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). Begins September 15, ends October 27 (7 classes).

      Awaken your body and your mind with this vigorous yoga class. This is a lively, intense practice that includes more challenging postures, especially those that focus on developing core strength.  You will observe increased strength, endurance, and flexibility. We conclude with deep relaxation to harmonize body and mind. The room is heated, which allows our muscles to relax and stretch deeply, and helps us cleanse and revitalize. Feelings of joyfulness and inner calm naturally follow. Come prepared for a good workout, and bring water and a towel.

      11:45 a.m.–12:45 p.m. YOGA FOR LUNCH with Charlene Cappellini (997-4534—cappellini@... ). September 22, (No class October 13, December 2), ends December 8, (11 classes).

      This series offers you a break from the stress of the work week. You will receive instruction on conscious breathing techniques, gentle yoga stretches and restorative postures, and core stabilization, ending with a deep relaxation. You will return to work refreshed and relaxed and prepared for a great weekend.

      5:30–7:00 p.m. BIKRAM HATHA YOGA with Courtney Woodward (766-6314— courtney.woodward@... ). Ongoing.

      A series of asanas—postures—combined with breathing exercises. Hatha yoga's original purpose was to create the physical strength, stamina and concentration necessary for effective meditation, i.e.: provide a path to a spiritual life. Bikram hatha yoga is a fun and challenging beginning series of postures practiced in a room with students of all levels. One learns to work as deeply as one's flexibility and strength allow. Vibrant good health and a sense of well being will automatically follow.

      SATURDAY

      9:00–10:30 a.m. HOT VIGOROUS YOGA with Ellen Shapiro (222-0003— ellsha@... ). (No class September 2, 9.) Ongoing.

      IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE NYC EMAIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, OR IF YOU ARE RECEIVING UNWANTED DUPLICATES, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL TO ellsha@... WITH YOUR WISHES. INCLUDE YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME AS WELL AS YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.