- Jan 31, 2011View Source
TheGovernment of India has announced twenty (20) Scholarships for Malaysianstudents to pursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India duringthe academic year 2011-12 following the visit of Prime Minister Dr.ManmohanSingh in October 2010.
2. High Commission ofIndia welcomes applications from interested Malaysian nationals who wish topursue courses in Traditional System of Medicine in India from the academicyear 2011-12 onwards. The number of seats available under each course isappended below:
(i) Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine &Surgery(BAMS) - 11
(ii) Bachelor of Siddha Medicine &Sciences(BSMS) - 5
(iii) Bachelor of Unani Medicine &Surgery(BUMS) - 2
(iv) Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine & Surgery(BHMS) - 2
Namesof Colleges for BAMS:
1. RajivGandhi, PG Govt. College, Paprola, HimachalPradesh -1 seat
2. GovernmentAyurved College, Raipur, Chhattisgarh - 1 seat
3. GovernmentAyurved College, Lucknow, UttarPradesh - 1 seat
4. TilakAyurved Mahavidyala, Pune,Maharashtra - 1 seat
5. GovernmentAyurved College, Patna,Orissa -1 seat
6. GovernmentAyurved College, Tripunithura,Kerala -1 seat
7. ShriDharmashala Ayurvedic College, Udupi,Karnataka -1 seat
8. GovernmentAyurved College, Tiruvananthapuram,Kerala -1 seat
9. ChoudharyBraham Prakash Ayurvedic College,Delhi -2 seats
10. Rajiv Gandhi Ayurvedic MedicalCollege & Hospital Mahe, Pondicherry - 1 seat
Namesof Colleges for BSMS:
1. GovernmentSiddha Medical College, Chennai, TamilNadu -3 seats
2. GovernmentSiddha Medical College, Palayamkottai, Tamil Nadu - 2 seats
Namesof College for BUMS:
1. AligarhMuslim University (AMU),Aligarh, UttarPradesh -2 seats
Namesof College for BHMS:
1. NationalInstitute of Homeopathy, Kolkata, WestBengal -2 seats
2. The application formsfor this Scholarships are available with the Education Section at the HighCommission of India, Kuala Lumpur (Telefax: 03 2092 2339, Tel: 03 2093 3510 ext410, Email: edu@...). The ICCR application form canalso be downloaded from the Mission's website (www.indianhighcommission.com.my).
3. The candidates shouldmeet the following selection criteria: (i) the candidate should have theeligibility to apply for the course (ii) should be proficient in English and(iii) should not have any serious health problems.
4. The eligiblequalifications for the Bachelors courses are given below:
b. A Levels
c. SouthAustralian Matriculatio (SAM)
d. CanadianPre-University (CPU)
e. Or otherqualifications which are equivalent to 12th standard in India.
6. The candidate shouldhave taken the following compulsory subjects at the qualifying examinationlevel: Physics,Chemistry, & Biology, with minimum 50% marks in each subject.
7. The minimum age toapply for these courses is 17 years, as on 1st October in the yearof admission.
8. Theduration of all the 4 courses listed above is Five and Half (5 ½) years.
9. Please also note thatno airfare will be provided under this scheme. The scholarship provides forTuition fee, Living Allowance, Contingent Grant, House rent Allowance andMedical benefits.
10. Interestedcandidates may fill in the prescribed proforma and forward to the Education Section,High Commission of India, No.2, Jalan Taman Duta, Off Jalan Duta, 50480 KualaLumpur. The last date for receipt of application by the High Commission ofIndia, Kuala Lumpur is 21February 2011.
Let us join hands for "THE CHANGE WE NEED"
Moderator (Naam 1 Makkal)
Related Link: www.naam1makkal.org
Group Link: Naam1Makkalfirstname.lastname@example.org