Introduction

  • forgerii
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2006
      My name is John Leo Odom, so it is obvious why I joined!

      My earliest Odom ancestor I have been able to trace is my great-
      grandfather, James Richard Odom, born January 30, 1837 in Georgia. He
      served in the 2nd Louisiand Infantry, Company D. This was one of
      several outfits nicknamed the "Pelican Rifles" The 2nd Louisiana
      Infantry, was raised in New Orleans in 1861. I have found service
      records, which show nothing about where he came from or where he went.
      He moved to Van Zandt County Texas after the civil war, and applied for
      and recieved a Texas pension based on his service to the confederacy. I
      have his date of death somewhere, but I can't find it this minute. I do
      not know his county of birth in Georgia.

      If any of you have come across any information about him and his
      connection to the rest of the Odoms, I would appreciate knowing.

      Contact me at: jodom25 at comcast dot net.
      Remove all the spaces to make the address work.

      Thanks,

      John Odom, Collegedale, TN