Test writing

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
      Dorothy, Group,

      This is a test writing to see if one has the N_O_A@yahoogroups.com in his address book, can one post an email to the group without being signed in to the group.  It may explain why some people are able to post w/o being signed up as a member of the group and maybe why some of Rodney's emails went to a person rather than to the group.

      Originally from Dorothy...

      Rodney, When you hit reply on this list, your message should be posted to the NOA Yahoo list.
      And I remember getting some of your messages... so some must be going through to the list.
      When you hit reply, make sure that the TO: line has the group... not the writer.
      Dorothy Odom Bruce

    • Dorothy Bruce
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
        Earlier this morning, Bill Bruce said that he tested sending messages... and when he signed on to the Internet Yahoo Group, and sent a message, it went to the PERSON.  And if you reply to an email that you have received, it goes to the entire group.  Does that explain the difference?
        Dorothy

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
          I will have to watch the to: line I guess as right now I am replying to you Dorothy and I notice the address is listed as the NOA Group

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
            Did you reply from MY email, or from the Yahoo internet page?
            Bill did that this morning... he did NOT sign into Yahoo, but only as a "non-member"... and it went to the person who sent the message.
            Dorothy

            This is a test writing to see if one has the N_O_A@yahoogroups.com in his address book, can one post an email to the group without being signed in to the group.  It may explain why some people are able to post w/o being signed up as a member of the group and maybe why some of Rodney's emails went to a person rather than to the group.

            Originally from Dorothy...

            Rodney, When you hit reply on this list, your message should be posted to the NOA Yahoo list.
            And I remember getting some of your messages... so some must be going through to the list.
            When you hit reply, make sure that the TO: line has the group... not the writer.
            Dorothy Odom Bruce

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
          • Bruce Odom
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
              Let me horn is on this. I think I am getting all the messages in this exchange so apparently when you reply to someone in the group the whole group gets the message even if the reply comes from someone who is not a member.

              Bruce Odom

            • dwisewirth@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006
                I thought maybe it was one way when you did a Reply and another when you did a Reply All, but both seem to go to the group. In fact, I couldn't get it to go to the individual without writing their address in.
              • Beverly Odom
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2006

                  I hit reply, not reply all and the NOA yahoogroups address comes up in my TO: bar as a test.

                  Beverly

                  From: "Dorothy Bruce" <dobruce@...>
                  To: <N_O_A@yahoogroups.com>
                  Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:30:20 -0600

[...]