Hollowell/Archibald Odom

  • Bruce
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
      The Hollowell information is great; I just hope someone in our group
      can extend it in our direction and make a connection.

      I am pasting in some information I found yesterday on a floppy that
      has been laying on my desk for several years. I don't know who sent
      it (it could have been Dot) or when. From the three or so creeks and
      branches named this was all in Burke County, GA.

      Bruce Odom

      EARLY LAND GRANTS IN GEORGIA

      1761: 8 January 1761 - Joshua ODAM Plat Book C, p. 141
      Granted on 3 April 1770. Grant Book G, p. 582
      100 acres bounded on the northeast by Briar Creek.
      Surveyed for Thomas LITCH and by order of 7 November 1769, to pass to
      Joshua ODAM.

      September 1769 - Joshua ODAM has been 1 year in GA; has wife
      and 1 child; asks for 200 acres on Briar Creek; next to Thomas LAMB
      and 100 acres on road to Isaac HILL's cabin.
      November 1769 asks for 100 acres (formerly Thomas
      LEITCH's).
      April 1770 granted 100 acres.
      May 1771, has 2 children, asks for 100 acres on Withers Branch;
      February 1773, granted 100 acres.

      6 April 1773 - Joshua ODAM Grant Book I, p. 957
      100 acres bounded on all sides by vacant land

      1766: April 1766 - Frederick ODAM has been 1/2 year from
      North Carolina; has wife and 1 child; asks for 200 acres on Briar
      Creek near Darby KENNEDY.
      May 1767, granted 200 acres;
      January 1771, asks for 100 acres (formerly William GREEN's).
      August 1771, granted 100 acres.

      5 May 1767 - Frederick OADAM. Grant Book F, p. 252
      200 acres bounded on the north partly by Bryar Creek
      and on every other side by vacant land.

      6 August 1771 - Frederick ODAM Grant Book I, p. 392
      100 acres bounded on all sides by vacant land.

      1766: November 1766 - Abraham ODAM, Sr. has wife, 3 children and 8
      slaves; asks for 300 acres on Briar Creek, near Jas. BRANTLEY. June
      1767, granted 300 acres

      8 January 1767 - Abraham ODAM Plat Book C, p. 414
      300 acres bounded on the southeast by Bryar Creek.

      November 1766 - Abraham ODAM, Jr., has been in GA for 3 years; has
      wife, 1 child and 1 slave. Asks for 250 acres.

      1766: November 1766 - Jacob ODAM has been 3 years in GA; asks for
      100 acres; January 1768 asks for 100 acres on Buckhead.

      4 May 1773 - Jacob ODAM Grant Book I, p. 991
      100 acres bounded on all sides by vacant land

      1767: 6 October 1767 - William OADAM Grant Book G, p. 390
      100 acres bounded on all sides by vacant land.

      October 1767 - William ODAM, granted 100 acres.

      1768: March 1768 - Ephraim ODAM has wife and 2 children; asks for
      250 acres next Abraham LAMB.
      October 1769, granted 250 acres.
      01770, see Benj. Warren.

      3 October 1769 - Ephraim ODAM Grant Book G, p. 441
      250 acres bounded on the northwest by Abraham LAMB

      1772: January 1772 - Isaac ODAM, asked for 100 acres, but not yet
      granted.

      December 1772 - Erick ODAM [possibly Fred-erick] granted 100 acres

      s wife and 2 children; asks for 250 acres next Abraham LAMB.
    • dwisewirth@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
        I keep getting this message when I try to send something to N_O_A@yahoogroups.com

        In a message dated 12/28/2005 3:51:16 PM Central Standard Time, notify@yahoogroups.com writes:
        We are unable to deliver the message from <DWiseWirth@...>
        to <N_0_A@yahoogroups.com>.

        Your message was sent to a group that does not exist.  Please check
        to make sure you spelled the group name correctly.
      • Dorothy Odom Bruce
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
          This one seems to have worked!
          Dorothy

          Your message was sent to a group that does not exist.  Please check
          to make sure you spelled the group name correctly.
        • Bill Odom
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2005
            I got this one and I assume the rest of the group did
            also. Double check the address if you are not
            'Replying' to a message.

            Bill Odom
            Melbourne