Links Benjamin Odom (1758-1822) / Archibald Odom of Pulaski Co GA

  • dwisewirth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2005
      Some Clues:
      First: Bruce (15209 A05) and Fountain (25236 - A07) are both in Group A
      Second: Bruce is descended from Benjamin ODOM (1758-1822 Barnwell Co SC);             Fountain is descended from Archibald ODOM (1759-1845 Pulaski Co GA)
      Third: Benjamin ODOM's granddaughter Martha Ann ODOM (dau of Benjamin Jr) m. David D. HOLMAN and they moved to Randolph Co., GA in 1833; Archibald ODOM's granddaughter Elisebeth "Eliza" ODOM (1808-1882, dau of James Madison Sr) m. Frederick ANDREWS in Pulaski Co., GA and, after several other moves, moved to Randolph Co., GA abt 1838. [Frederick was the restless sort - could Martha Ann be the reason for Eliza's move to Randolph Co? Both ended up in the small community of Cuthbert in Randolph Co, GA)
      Fourth: James Madison Odom, Sr. m. Elizabeth ODEN, said to be a cousin from the Carolinas (there is no Elizabeth of the right age listed as a descendant of Benjamin).
      Note: I also just got a note from Nash ODOM in Robeson Co., NC - descended from James ODOM (who he places as a brother of our Archibald) who theorizes they had a father also named Archibald.
      Note2: From someone I got the following information: "David HOLMAN b. 1807 Barnwell Dist. SC m. 1827 Martha ODUM.. Emigrated to Randolph Co. 1833; moved to Cuthbert 1836. Martha Odom was the daughter of Benjamin Odom, Jr. (m. Jane McCreary). Benjamin Jr.'s brother Michael is alleged to be my (I didn't enter who "my" is) ancestor. Their father was Benjamin Odom (b. 1758)" I guess this was from Bruce since it matches his information.
      Dot Wise Wirth
      Baton Rouge, LA