ODOM Y-DNA Project

  • dwisewirth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2005
      I have the following information in my notes. I also see a Mel Odom (Odommel@...) as a possible later participant in the Odom Y-DNA project.  Same Mel? Do you have any more information on these ODAMs?

      Dot Wise Wirth
      Baton Rouge, LA

      1700 SC - ODAM/ODOM family late 1700s and 1800s. Probably came to Greenville Co, SC from Caswell, NC. Name generally spelled ODAM until early 1900s when spelling became ODOM consistently -- Mel ODOM, 9 Blue View Drive, Taylors, SC 29687 -- Melo0909@...

      James Odam b. bet. 1740-1745
      1771-1774 SC - James ODAM 560 acres; Land Grants Columbia SC, mostly listed as Craven Co

      1773 SC - Richard ODAM 200 acres; Land Grants Columbia SC, mostly listed as Craven Co

      1770 SC - Sarah ODAM 300 acres Land Grants Columbia SC, mostly listed as Craven Co