Re: [N_O_A] Group A--Dot Wirth's Archibald Odom - part 2

  • dwisewirth@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2005
      Bruce,

      Even though Martha ODOM is not Sophy Marah Geen ODOM, my conjecture -- based on location -- that she was related to my Eliza ODOM ANDREWS has been proven by our DNA, My including this item in my notes is just the type of thing we're looking for in establishing connections among our Group A ancestors!

      Maybe they're first cousins?

      Dot

      In a message dated 12/12/2005 9:01:00 PM Central Standard Time, bodomly@... writes:
      Dot, you have this entry in your database several times:

      1807 - David HOLMAN b. 1807 Barnwell Dist. SC m. 1827 Martha ODUM
      (Eliza had an older sister listed in family Bible as Sophy Marah Geen
      ODOM). Emigrated to Randolph Co. GA 1833; moved to Cuthbert 1836.

      This couple is in my line of Barnwell County, SC Odoms. Martha Odom was
      the daughter of Benjamin Odom, Jr. (m. Jane McCreary). Benjamin Jr.'s
      brother Michael is alleged to be my ancestor. Their father was Benjamin
      Odom (b. 1758). The source for my information should be included in the
      gedcom I sent you. I have received this information from two Holman
      descendants one of which is mentioned in the gedcom.

      Bruce Odom