Mississippi Odom's

  • golden claw2
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27, 2006
      Yes another lost Odom here!!        First of all Im Marvin Odom Jr. age  54 from Fresno, California born and raised. I now live in lake wylie, South Carolina for a little over a year now with my sister Shanti Marie.formly known as Gloria Marie Odom .      She has lived here for 9 yrs  or so also from Calif. as for our Father he was Marvin James Odom Sr.  but never used James in name he hated it since he said he came from a bunch bible thumppers and was named after one of em, he  was born in Frierspoint, Ms. on Aug.7, 1925 and past away in Aug.22,2002 in VA hopital after being refused an operation due to his age of 77 in Fresno Calif..    His Father was John Odom  and his Grandfather was John Odom as well, His mother was Nellie Mae Clark before Marrying his dad. She Died at young age while holding my dad as a child crossing street from coming from church and was hit by car and died, dad was unhurt.      But his dad either past away soon after or just sent him to his moms fathers home to live with  who  was Azra clark who owned his own country grocery store and his uncle fred clark close to his age..that died yrs later either on Island iwo or cuadual canal in pacific.         As you can tell not awhole lot to go on since lost most information I got out of dad over the years since he considered himself the blacksheep of the family, he didnt talk much about them but he had older brother Bob Odom who was a cop in Sacramento, Calif.and brother Lonnie Odom being  the youngest.        Now I dont know any of his relatives only my mother's he was also married before to another lady and had daughters out there someplace, Dad lied about his age and ran away to join the Navy  at 15 in Sunflower MS. was station on several ships encluding the yorktown and LST's had couple ships go down and was burned and wounded during several diffrent  battles finaly battle fatigue and injury to head was sent to Poli Alto VA. near SF.were he got honorable medical discharge.       Now heres the clincher read alot of about Malachi Odom and his sons, Richmond Olie Odom is a dead ringer for my dad same everything nose, ears hair and beard and had blue eyes as well, so there ya have it anyone out there knows any part of my dads people since he did say our family originaly started out from the Carolinas  then MS. and  so am here now how funny life brings about things from our past. Ty for trying read my bad bad writing as you can tell by my on and on YAWN story............Marvin Odom...Jr.... AKA goldenclaw2 or golden_claw2

    • Jimmy R Odom
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2006
        I am Jimmy R Odom. I live in TX. My phone is 903-739-7251. Please send me your phone # and I will call you today  or possibly another convenient time. JRO

        golden claw2 <golden_claw2@...> wrote:
[...]

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • golden claw2