RE: scheduling a meeting

  • Gary Suto
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2006
      Okay, It took me a couple days to put together most of the words.
      Ethically we need to have more than 1 book if we go forward with this,
      and can be purchased at:
      The book comes with a CD.  It contains all the songs and includes each part (low voice, middle, high) on separate tracks.

      Other sites that have some of the chants are below.
      So far I've only heard from Patti, so please chime in even if to say you're not interested.
      That's it for now.  I'm still on for July 24th.  We have time to pick a meeting place.
      Have a Blessed independence day (I'll be at the Washington DC rally)
      Gary

      ROUND AND ROUND THE EARTH IS TURNING
      Round and round the earth is turning
      Turning always toward the morning
      And from morning round to night
      KEEP THE FIRE
      words not online and too long to type in, will type up at another time

      WE ARE A CIRCLE
      Chorus:
      We are a circle, within a circle,
      with no beginning, and never ending

      We are a circle, within a circle,
      with no beginning, and never ending
      Verse:
      1 - You hear us sing, you hear us cry,
           Now hear us call you, spirits of air and sky.
      2 - Inside our hearts, there glows a spark,
           love and desire, a burning fire
      3 - Within our blood, within our tears,
           There lies the altar of living water
      4 - Take our fear, take our pain,
           Take the darkness into the Earth again.
      5 - The circle closes between the worlds
           To mark this sacred space where we come face to face

      Benedicta Es (Blessed Be)

      words not online and too long to type in, will type up at another time

      SOLSTICE CHANT
      Deep, Deep, Deep into the heart of the Winter
      Deep, Deep, Deep into the womb of the Mother
      Deep, Deep, Deep where there is no other
      song but the song of my soul

      THOUGH MY SOUL
      "Though my soul is set in darkness,
      It will rise in perfect light.
      I have loved the stars too fondly,
      To be fearful of the night,
      fearful of the night."

      WINGS
      Wandering in the deep of the night
      A thousand birds take flight
      And our dreams are born on the wings of change
      We are weaving the world tonight

      DEEP IN THE DARK
      words not online and too long to type in, will type up at another time

      KORE EVOHE (Kore is a greek goddess of spring and Kore Evohe means Hail Kore)
      words not online and too long to type in, will type up at another time
      Kore, bright and wild
      Summer's blessed child
      Spring incarnate and joy in bloom
      Corn is reaching high
      Fledgelings test the sky
      Life uprising from winter's tomb

      Kore Evohe!

      Kore walks in Summer's garden
      Kore dances in the rain
      All around her the earth astounds
      With how life abounds
      In each leaf and root
      Song they sing to her
      Fruit they bring to her
      Gifts unnumbered on every shoot

      Kore Evohe!

      Comes the thresher to cut the grain
      The leaves grow bright before they fall
      The night grows long, the day grows weary
      And life, new grown, begins to call:
      "We are, from our birth,
      Doomed to lie in earth,
      Kore --- lead the way."

      Kore Evohe!

      Every seed becomes a promise
      Kore takes them in her hand
      Into the earth, and into the darkness
      And into the quiet lands

      Kore leaves
      And her mother grieves
      And she sends the snow to cover the ground

      Kore Evohe!

      Summer holds her breath...
      Life comes new from death!
      Kore Evohe!

      THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE

      This little light of mine
      I'm going to let it shine
      this little light of mine
      I'm going to let it shine
      This little light of mine
      I'm going to let it shine
      Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

      Every one I meet
      I'm going to let it shine
      every where I go
      I'm going to let it shine
      All around the world
      I'm going to let it shine
      Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine

      REPEAT 1st Verse

      IMANI
      words not online and too long to type in, will type up at another time

      WE'VE GOT THE POWER
      We've got the power, alleluia
      We've got the power, alleluia

      CARRY IT HOME
      Carry it home to your children,
      Carry it out in the street,
      Carry it on to the ones you love,
      And to the ones you meet.
      Carry it light on your shoulder,
      Carry it deep in your soul,
      For we have been blessed with magic,
      And the magic will make us whole.
      LET THE SPIRIT COME TO YOU
      Let the spirit come to you, run through you, renew you.
      Let the love shin on to you, pursue you, undo you
      Let the light shine above you, be of you, that loves you
      Let the peace settle in you, within you, begin you

      WHEN WE ARE GONE
      When we are gone, they will remain
      Wind and rock, fire and rain
      They will remain, when we return
      The wind will blow, and the fire will burn

      Long time no hear. I am in agreement about the Winter Solstice Singing Ritual. Are there words that you could send us? So that when we get together for the next time we will be familiar? Monday July 24th works fine for me. I will also bring other music so we can start talking about what we want to learn.

      BB,
      Patti Pippen
    • chellie menucha
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2006
        I think I'll just be coming back from Starwood so I won't be able to
        make that meeting. What about another day besides Monday before July
        16th?

        Chellie

        --- Patti Pippen <crittermother@...> wrote:

        > Hi Gary!
        >
        > Long time no hear. I am in agreement about the Winter Solstice
        > Singing
        > Ritual. Are there words that you could send us? So that when we get
        > together for the next time we will be familiar? Monday July 24th
        > works
        > fine for me. I will also bring other music so we can start talking
        > about what we want to learn.
        >
        > BB,
        > Patti Pippen
        > On Tuesday, June 27, 2006, at 10:25 PM, Gary Suto wrote:
        >
        > > Ok, so today wasn't the best day to choose.
        > > I did however sing in my apartment. lol
        > > I was inspired by the upcoming rally in Washington DC (to have the
        > > pentacle be an approved symbol on veterans graves)
        > > a song from my past came to me
        > > "When we are gone"
        > >
        > > When we are gone,
        > > they will remain
        > > wind and rock,
        > > fire and rain.
        > >
        > > They will remain,
        > > when we return,
        > > the wind will blow
        > > and the fire will burn
        > >
        > > This is from "A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual" and is the closing
        > > song.
        > >
        > > Anyway, I got to thinking that we should do the entire Winter
        > Solstice
        > > Singing Ritual in one or many places around NY/LI
        > > We could learn the songs and put our own gospel rhythms/harmonies
        > into
        > > it.
        > >
        > > It would give us a boost into doing some sort of singing until we
        > > start getting a repertoire.
        > > What do you think?
        > >
        > > The next 3 Mondays don't work but how about Monday July 24th?
        > > Gary

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Gary Suto
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 3, 2006
          All the songs are from "A Winter Solstice Singing Ritual"
          - I suggested we do this to have a goal to work towards until we have a repertoire of songs
          - the songs are not written in gospel rhythms
          - I suggested we re-work most of them to give them a gospel feeling
          How's that for short and sweet.
          Gary

          I'm interested, but somehow I've missed the thread that led up to this, so I'm not sure of what exactly we're discussing.  Is this a list of pieces to perform?  Do they fit in the gospel category?  Are we purchasing pieces so that we can have the right to adjust them or do they need to be performed as is?

          You don't have to answer those, I'll follow the thread back myself.  But it's going to be a few days before I can get to that.
          Mowgli

          But seduction isn't making someone do what they don't want to do. Seduction is enticing someone into doing what they secretly want to do already. - Waiter Rant -

        • mowglikat@aol.com