No activity in last 7 days
Welcome to the New York City Secular Ex-JW yahoo group!
The purpose of this group is to provide a non-religious environment where
former members of the cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses who now are
freethinkers, agnostics, atheists, believers who do not feel a need to
impose or preach about their beliefs or those confused about what to
believe, can share experiences, ask questions, question belief systems in a
respectful fashion and meet in person in New York City.
Members are invited to speak and ask questions about topics like but
not limited to...
1) The trauma of losing family and friends
2) The loss of a belief system
3) Moving on with one's life or life after the JW
4) Building self-respect
5) Acclimating oneself to a non-JW (normal) lifestyle (which could
include learning how to celebrate holidays and birthdays)
6) Planning for retirement
7) Handling one's lack of maturity after growing up in the cult
8) Scars left from the abusive, pseudo-friendships offered by JW cult membership
9) Silliness and destructiveness of JW theology
10) New members are invited to tell a bit about themselves
We only ask of all members to show proper respect and sensitivity to the
beliefs of others and understand that proselytizing, preaching and
judgmental attitudes against the beliefs of other members will not be
- Jehovah's Witnesses
- Sep 5, 2003
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.