Re: Terrific Scootathon Article in The New York Times Blog

  • brugl
    Message 1 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
      Fantastic. Let's have one on Bway's non-motorized path! :)

      --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "dorlene" <dorlene@...> wrote:

      > http://fort-greene.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/you-prefer-a-bake-sale

    • John Margiotta
      Message 2 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
        I took my inaugural ride on my A5 this morning.  It's everything Dorlene said it is.  It's lighter and quieter than the Xootr, and the back brake works far better than the Xootr.  It's a little less easy to stear than the Xootr, and the bar is a little lower, but so far, I really like it.  It's also so much easier to fold.

        My big issue with Xootr was its lack of longevity.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this holds up, and I'll report back.  But first impression is a good one.

      • dorlene
        Message 3 of 20 , Dec 1, 2009
          I'm so glad you like the A5, John! My husband and I still love ours and sing its praises at every opportunity. Today we were were stopped on W. 66th St. by Andy, who was riding a Xootr Roma. He tried my A5 and couldn't believe how light and fast it was and how easy to fold/unfold. He also commented on the steering but we assured him that it was just a matter of getting used to, which shouldn't take more than a day or two.

          I've discovered two more comparison points:
          1) The A5 tires are less likely to get caught in the sidewalk grooves or stopped dead by a pebble or debris as the Xootr tires. Don't know whether this is due to their larger width or shape.
          2) I often carry a grocery bag over the handlebars. On the Xootr a heavy bag causes the front end to tip forward, forcing me to keep my foot firmly on the deck when not scooting. I suspect this is due to the Xootr's longer deck. I have not experienced this problem with the A5.

          Thank you for acting on my recommendation. I hope you continue to enjoy scooting on your A5.

          Dorlene

          --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, John Margiotta <swimminglaps@...> wrote:

          > I took my inaugural ride on my A5 this morning.  It's everything Dorlene said it is.  It's lighter and quieter than the Xootr, and the back brake works far better than the Xootr.  It's a little less easy to stear than the Xootr, and the bar is a little lower, but so far, I really like it.  It's also so much easier to fold.
          >
          > My big issue with Xootr was its lack of longevity.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this holds up, and I'll report back.  But first impression is a good one.

        • Edward W
          Message 4 of 20 , Dec 2, 2009
            John,

            Where did you get your A5? I noticed that Amazon has it for $75 and Free Super Saver Shipping. I'm tempted as a Xmas gift to myself:)

            Please keep us posted on your new A5!

            Edward Wong III
            Viza Kikit Air (Upgraded to BONES REDS bearings from ABEC 5)

            Message 5 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
              That's exactly where I got it, Amazon.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride to and from work since my last post.  I ride every day, but this week I'm in the midst of a three-night Phish run at the Garden, so have had to leave my wheels at home.  Walking 40 blocks to work just isn't the same.

              Message 6 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                Well I'm happy that you got it from Amazon, because as an afterthought of posting my first reply to you, I was concerned that it might have "distressed" you to find out that you paid much more, had you gotten it from another supplier. But then again, most sellers are within $10 or so from one another, and everyone has to make a living:-)

                Last night, I did go to the A5's description page on Amazon, and read the some of the reviews again. This one gentleman (Wilfredo M. Viray) who had purchased an A5, wrote a very comprehensive review comparing it with the Xootr (Not sure which model), and the Goped "Knowped". It was an enjoyable read to say the least.

                Anyway, he added an update on his review, and revealed that he had replaced the stock ABEC5 bearings to Bones REDS which made a remarkable difference in the A5's performance. He now finds it rolls further, smoother, and easier than the Xootr, and requires less effort to ride (Less kicks).

                Like him, I had bought a set of Bones REDS from Amazon about a week after I got my Viza Kikit a few months ago, and installed them immediately. While it did improve the scooter's rolling performance, I thought right away that these bearings would really shine in a high performance scooter, and Mr. Viray's experience confirms that. Like him, I still have 4 left over since they come in sets of 8; so when (or "if") I buy an A5, I'll be changing out those ABEC5 bearings over to the Bones REDS right away!

                A Million Thanks to Dorlene for all her insightful comments on the Razor A5 Lux. I'm certain we'll enjoy more discussion on this affordable, high performance scooter.

                Edward
                Viza Kikit Air

                --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, John Margiotta <swimminglaps@...> wrote:

                > That's exactly where I got it, Amazon.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride to and from work since my last post.  I ride every day, but this week I'm in the midst of a three-night Phish run at the Garden, so have had to leave my wheels at home.  Walking 40 blocks to work just isn't the same.

              • Victoria Colbert
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                  Hi,

                  I usually read the scooter emails every now and then.  Since I have a A5, I was happy to read these postings.  I love my A5.  It is fast and relatively light.  I love that I can close and open it on the run.  For the money, you can't beat it.  One question, is it hard to change out the bearings?  Reading this makes me want to do it.

                  Also, FYI the A5:  I ride it in all weather conditions.  On wet pavement, the brake really doesn't work at all.  Any suggestions?   Also, I could never find this scooter in any other color but red.  Wish it was black!

                  Vickie

                  ________________________________
                  Well I'm happy that you got it from Amazon, because as an afterthought of posting my first reply to you, I was concerned that it might have "distressed" you to find out that you paid much more, had you gotten it from another supplier. But then again, most sellers are within $10 or so from one another, and everyone has to make a living:-)

                  Last night, I did go to the A5's description page on Amazon, and read the some of the reviews again. This one gentleman (Wilfredo M. Viray) who had purchased an A5, wrote a very comprehensive review comparing it with the Xootr (Not sure which model), and the Goped "Knowped". It was an enjoyable read to say the least.

                  Anyway, he added an update on his review, and revealed that he had replaced the stock ABEC5 bearings to Bones REDS which made a remarkable difference in the A5's performance. He now finds it rolls further, smoother, and easier than the Xootr, and requires less effort to ride (Less kicks).

                  Like him, I had bought a set of Bones REDS from Amazon about a week after I got my Viza Kikit a few months ago, and installed them immediately. While it did improve the scooter's rolling performance, I thought right away that these bearings would really shine in a high performance scooter, and Mr. Viray's experience confirms that. Like him, I still have 4 left over since they come in sets of 8; so when (or "if") I buy an A5, I'll be changing out those ABEC5 bearings over to the Bones REDS right away!

                  A Million Thanks to Dorlene for all her insightful comments on the Razor A5 Lux. I'm certain we'll enjoy more discussion on this affordable, high performance scooter.

                  Edward
                  Viza Kikit Air

                  --- In NYCKickScooters@ yahoogroups. com, John Margiotta <swimminglaps@ ...> wrote:

                  > That's exactly where I got it, Amazon.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride to and from work since my last post.  I ride every day, but this week I'm in the midst of a three-night Phish run at the Garden, so have had to leave my wheels at home.  Walking 40 blocks to work just isn't the same.

                • hplangford
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                    Is it correct that the A5 doesn't have a hand brake? If yes, do you not miss the hand brake? I can't fathom scootering in Manhattan with just a foot brake.

                    Pam
                  • dorlene
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                      The A5 does not have a hand brake, Pam. It doesn't need one because the foot brake really works. If you ride a Xootr you know that you have to rely on the hand brake because the foot brake, which is an optional back wheel fender, is ineffective. The foot brake on the back wheel of the Razor is also safer than the Xootr's front wheel hand brake, which tends to pitch you forward over the handlebar if you stop suddenly.

                      --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "hplangford" <alsopam@...> wrote:

                      > Is it correct that the A5 doesn't have a hand brake? If yes, do you not miss the hand brake? I can't fathom scootering in Manhattan with just a foot brake.
                      >
                      > Pam

                    • dorlene
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                        Thank you for your kudos, Ed, and this very useful info. Please let us know how to install those BONES Reds in an A5. Can I do it myself or do I need to take it to a skateboard shop? Which ones did you buy? I see several on Amazon.

                        Yes, Amazon seems to have the best price on the A5 plus free shipping and you're likely to receive it in less than a week.

                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                          You're quite welcome Dorlene!

                          Installing new bearings is pretty simple actually. You will need TWO 5mm hex wrenches to get the job done though. These are to remove the axle bolts in order to pull the wheels out, and then it's a simple matter to punch out the stock bearings, and press in the new ones.

                          You use one of the hex wrenches to hold one of the axle bolts from turning while undoing the other one. Carefully lay the axle bolt aside then pull out the axle. The wheel should then come right off the fork. To remove the bearing, just use a blunt object like the back side of a ball point pen and insert it through one of the bearings to press out the bearing on the other side of the wheel. Once you got one bearing out, you can press the other one out with your index finger.

                          Then carefully line up the new bearing on the wheels bearing housing, and press it in as evenly as possible. You could use the bottom end of a pill bottle for example to press on the bearing. On the Bones REDS, you want to install them so that the red bearing shield is facing outward, that is facing toward the fork blades. This will help to keep the bearings cleaner much longer as dust, and moisture will not be able to penetrate the shield side as easily.

                          By the way, the Bones always come lubricated so it's not necessary to oil them for a long time.

                          Here is the link in Amazon to the Bones REDS, the gentleman in the review, and I got:

                          http://www.amazon.com/Bones-Reds-Precision-Skate-Bearings/dp/B000FDRQ1S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1259906771&sr=8-1

                          This is the best value in high performance bearings for the money, in spite of the fact that Bones makes even higher spec models.

                          Lastly, you could take your scooter to a skate shop should you not want to do the upgrade yourself. Chances are the shop will carry the REDS in stock, and maybe charge little to nothing to swap them out. Who knows.

                          Hope that helps.

                          Ed

                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                            Oh, I nearly forgot to say that if you do the swap yourself, keep checking that you do not over-tighten the axle bolts, and bind the free spinning action of the wheels. Just test it by spinning the wheel as you tighten the bolts until snug but without binding the wheel.

                            Have fun.

                            Ed

                            --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "Edward W" <edwong3@...> wrote:

                            > You're quite welcome Dorlene!
                            >
                            > Installing new bearings is pretty simple actually. You will need TWO 5mm hex wrenches to get the job done though. These are to remove the axle bolts in order to pull the wheels out, and then it's a simple matter to punch out the stock bearings, and press in the new ones.
                            >
                            > You use one of the hex wrenches to hold one of the axle bolts from turning while undoing the other one. Carefully lay the axle bolt aside then pull out the axle. The wheel should then come right off the fork. To remove the bearing, just use a blunt object like the back side of a ball point pen and insert it through one of the bearings to press out the bearing on the other side of the wheel. Once you got one bearing out, you can press the other one out with your index finger.
                            >
                            > Then carefully line up the new bearing on the wheels bearing housing, and press it in as evenly as possible. You could use the bottom end of a pill bottle for example to press on the bearing. On the Bones REDS, you want to install them so that the red bearing shield is facing outward, that is facing toward the fork blades. This will help to keep the bearings cleaner much longer as dust, and moisture will not be able to penetrate the shield side as easily.
                            >
                            > By the way, the Bones always come lubricated so it's not necessary to oil them for a long time.
                            >
                            > Here is the link in Amazon to the Bones REDS, the gentleman in the review, and I got:
                            >
                            > http://www.amazon.com/Bones-Reds-Precision-Skate-Bearings/dp/B000FDRQ1S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1259906771&sr=8-1
                            >
                            > This is the best value in high performance bearings for the money, in spite of the fact that Bones makes even higher spec models.
                            >
                            > Lastly, you could take your scooter to a skate shop should you not want to do the upgrade yourself. Chances are the shop will carry the REDS in stock, and maybe charge little to nothing to swap them out. Who knows.
                            >
                            > Hope that helps.
                            >
                            > Ed
                            >
                            > --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "dorlene" <dorlene@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Thank you for your kudos, Ed, and this very useful info. Please let us know how to install those BONES Reds in an A5. Can I do it myself or do I need to take it to a skateboard shop? Which ones did you buy? I see several on Amazon.
                            > >
                            > > Yes, Amazon seems to have the best price on the A5 plus free shipping and you're likely to receive it in less than a week.

                          • roybassist
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                              --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "Edward W" <edwong3@...> wrote:
                              > Last night, I did go to the A5's description page on Amazon, and read the some of the reviews again. This one gentleman (Wilfredo M. Viray) who had purchased an A5, wrote a very comprehensive review
                              <snip>
                              > Anyway, he added an update on his review, and revealed that he had replaced the stock ABEC5 bearings to Bones REDS which made a remarkable difference in the A5's performance. He now finds it rolls further, smoother, and easier than the Xootr, and requires less effort to ride (Less kicks).

                              I also read that review, and based on it, ordered and installed Bones Reds in my A5.

                              Being an engineer, I did a test to see how much difference they really made. I wanted to do more testing before posting any results, but with so many people considering changing their bearings to Bones Reds, I felt I had to go ahead and give my preliminary results.

                              Before changing the bearings, I made 12 timed runs down the hill in front of my home between a marked start and finish line. The distance was about 750 feet. I picked a time when there was no perceptible wind. This was before I had received my Bones Reds, so I couldn't test them on the same day.

                              In running the test, I did my best not to influence the results. I left the starting line with the smallest push that would give me enough speed to balance. I coasted the entire length of the course, neither kicking nor using the brake. No doubt I couldn't do the run exactly the same way each time, but that's the reason to make multiple runs and average the results. The average would tend to even out any differences in individual runs.

                              After I received and installed my Bones Reds, I waited for a day when there was again no wind. I eventually got impatient and settled for a day when there was very little wind. I knew the test wouldn't be really valid because the slight breeze would affect the scooter's speed. I figured I would run the tests again later on a really calm day to get better data, but in the meantime I just had to get some idea of the effect of changing the bearings.

                              What little wind there was came from a direction that made it a tailwind as I went down the hill, so it would make the runs faster. I made only 7 timed runs before the wind really started to pick up and I gave up for the day.

                              Here are my results:

                              Original ABEC-5 bearings: Average time for 12 runs = 63.3 seconds
                              Bones Reds bearings: Average time for 7 runs = 68.0 seconds.

                              The A5 was almost 5 seconds slower over the same course with the Bones Reds than with the original bearings. The hill is steeper near the top and flattens out near the bottom. The A5 with the original bearings made it to the finish line easily. With the Bones Reds, it almost ran out of momentum before it got there. And this was with a tailwind for the Bones Reds!

                              Some may wonder if I messed up the installation of the Bones Reds. After installing them I gave my wheels a spin, and they would spin for about 5 minutes, compared to less than 1 minute with the original bearings. So I don't think there is anything wrong with the installation.

                              It would be fair to ask how the scooter could be slower if the wheels spun so much longer with the Bones Reds than with the original bearings. The answer is that the performance of a bearing in an unloaded condition doesn't necessarily translate to its performance under load.

                              I seem to be the only person who has ever reported that they didn't think Bones Reds made their (scooter/skateboard/inline skates) faster; but I haven't seen anyone else say they ran any tests. To anyone who decides to try the Bones Reds anyway, I encourage you to try a test like the one I did.

                              I still intend to repeat my tests when the weather cooperates. I'm going to re-do the runs with the Reds on my original course, then I'm going to pick a different location and do the whole thing over again. That time I'll be starting with the Reds, since they're already in the scooter, and then switch back to the original bearings. If the original bearings are again faster, that will be pretty conclusive. I'll post the results when I have them, but this time of year in Denver doesn't provide many days with suitable weather, so it may be quite a while. That's why I felt I needed to go ahead and provide this information now.
                            • JV
                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 3, 2009
                                Oh come on now, did you eat alot of pasta before your second run?
                                Did you shave your leg hairs and wear tight lycra outfits like an Olympic athlete?

                                Seriously folks, my worthless free opinon as a guy who has been on some form of wheeled, human powered vehicle since 5 years old I have run the gamut of chasing ABEC 3/5/7/SWISS/CERAMIC and all the marketing company fluff about bearings in my rollerblades, skateboard, xootr and god-knows what else is buried in the garage.

                                In my experience there is *very little* difference in specialized bearings at the kind of rolling resistance and RPMs they are subjected to in "normal usage". Don't pay *a mint* for them. Just keep them clean, stay out of the sand, lube them every dozen rides and replace them with new ones every year or two.

> [...]
                                > they didn't think Bones Reds made their
                                > (scooter/skateboard/inline skates) faster; but I haven't
                                > seen anyone else say they ran any tests. To anyone who
                                > decides to try the Bones Reds anyway, I encourage you to try
                                > a test like the one I did.
                                >
                                > I still intend to repeat my tests when the weather
                                > cooperates. I'm going to re-do the runs with the Reds
                                > on my original course, then I'm going to pick a different
                                > location and do the whole thing over again. That time
                                > I'll be starting with the Reds, since they're already in the
                                > scooter, and then switch back to the original
                                > bearings. If the original bearings are again faster,
                                > that will be pretty conclusive. I'll post the results
                                > when I have them, but this time of year in Denver doesn't
                                > provide many days with suitable weather, so it may be quite
                                > a while. That's why I felt I needed to go ahead and

                              • Edward W
                                Message 15 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009
                                  Wow, now that is an eye opener for sure! While much of the perceived performance gains from these higher end bearings may be due to "subjective" observation, it's hard to ignore the countless skateboard riders, competitive skaters, and even scooter teams like Razor's for example, who swear by them.

                                  Pull any wheel off from these rider's vehicles, and you WON'T find ABEC5's for sure. Admittedly however, they use the Bones Swiss, and ceramic variants which are a higher grade than the REDS. Since the stakes are high, these competitors use the best.

                                  Let me ask you this, how long have you ridden your scooter with the ABEC5's? Maybe you should ride your scooter with the REDS for a while and see if it might be a function of "breaking in" the new bearings so that they'll roll under load more efficiently.

                                  While I haven't done any controlled testing like you have, I did notice like you that the wheels with the new bearings would spin much longer than with the stock ones, but I couldn't really notice that it rolled much more at all with my weight on it than it did before I swapped the bearings.

                                  But, after putting a few miles (not much) on the scooter, the bearings seemed to loosen up, and then I was able to observe a longer glide after kicking. Again, this is my subjective impression.

                                  Please keep us posted on your experiment. Should you continue to have the same results, then maybe we'll have to rethink whether or not it is worthwhile to upgrade the bearings. I think the ABEC5's are good for most general use, and as another poster said, keep them properly cleaned, and lubricated.

                                  Thanks for your input.

                                  Ed

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009
                                    --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, JV <JV711@...> wrote:

                                    > Oh come on now, did you eat alot of pasta before your second run?
                                    > Did you shave your leg hairs and wear tight lycra outfits like an Olympic athlete?

                                    I think you misread my post. Your statement seems to imply that I claimed a performance improvement from changing my bearings. That is the opposite of what I said.

                                    The second test, with the Bones Reds, was slower not faster. Your post actually supports my point: that switching to Bones Reds did not improve the performance of my scooter. Thanks for backing me up.

                                    Actually, part of the reason I ran the test was that I felt the claims I had seen of a huge performance improvement from upgrading bearings were unrealistic. Intuitively, it seems to me that the friction of any bearings in good condition is probably a very small compared to the rolling resistance of the tires on the pavement. If I'm right, then even if it were possible to eliminate bearing friction completely (which of course it isn't), the performance improvement would be modest. The difference of about 5 seconds in an overall run time of about 1 minute is about the difference I expected, except that I expected the runs with the Bones Reds to be faster, and they were not. This also seems to be supported by your experience:

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009
                                      --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "Edward W" <edwong3@...> wrote:
                                      > Let me ask you this, how long have you ridden your scooter with the ABEC5's? Maybe you should ride your scooter with the REDS for a while and see if it might be a function of "breaking in" the new bearings so that they'll roll under load more efficiently.
                                      >
                                      > While I haven't done any controlled testing like you have, I did notice like you that the wheels with the new bearings would spin much longer than with the stock ones, but I couldn't really notice that it rolled much more at all with my weight on it than it did before I swapped the bearings.
                                      >
                                      > But, after putting a few miles (not much) on the scooter, the bearings seemed to loosen up, and then I was able to observe a longer glide after kicking. Again, this is my subjective impression.

                                      Hi Ed.

                                      When I ran my test with the Reds, it was soon after they were installed, and they didn't have many miles on them.

                                      I have considered that, and I think there may be something to it; but most reviewers of Bones Reds on Amazon said they noticed an immediate improvement. In addition, since the wheels spin so much more freely in a no-load condition (compared to the original bearings), it doesn't seem that they should need to be broken in.

                                      Nevertheless, even though I may have to wait a while for a calm day to run more tests, there are days that are fine for normal scooting. The Reds are in my A5 now, and I will continue to ride on them until I get a day that is suitable to re-do the test. So by then, they will have more miles on them.

                                      > Please keep us posted on your experiment. Should you continue to have the same results, then maybe we'll have to rethink whether or not it is worthwhile to upgrade the bearings.

                                      I will. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.
                                    • Edward W
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Dec 4, 2009
                                        I was thinking if "serious" skaters, skate boards, and scooter riders, use these high end bearings more for reliability, and smoother rolling more so than to seek any speed increase.

                                        The more I think about it, the differences in those bearing's (ABEC5 and Bones REDS) rolling resistance UNDER LOAD vs unloaded, are probably very subtle to make any highly noticeable gains if they do exist.

                                        Good discussion by the way.

                                        Ed

                                        --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "roybassist" <roybassist@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "Edward W" <edwong3@> wrote:
                                        > > Let me ask you this, how long have you ridden your scooter with the ABEC5's? Maybe you should ride your scooter with the REDS for a while and see if it might be a function of "breaking in" the new bearings so that they'll roll under load more efficiently.
                                        > >
                                        > > While I haven't done any controlled testing like you have, I did notice like you that the wheels with the new bearings would spin much longer than with the stock ones, but I couldn't really notice that it rolled much more at all with my weight on it than it did before I swapped the bearings.
                                        > >
                                        > > But, after putting a few miles (not much) on the scooter, the bearings seemed to loosen up, and then I was able to observe a longer glide after kicking. Again, this is my subjective impression.
                                        >
                                        > Hi Ed.
                                        >
                                        > When I ran my test with the Reds, it was soon after they were installed, and they didn't have many miles on them.
                                        >
                                        > I have considered that, and I think there may be something to it; but most reviewers of Bones Reds on Amazon said they noticed an immediate improvement. In addition, since the wheels spin so much more freely in a no-load condition (compared to the original bearings), it doesn't seem that they should need to be broken in.
                                        >
                                        > Nevertheless, even though I may have to wait a while for a calm day to run more tests, there are days that are fine for normal scooting. The Reds are in my A5 now, and I will continue to ride on them until I get a day that is suitable to re-do the test. So by then, they will have more miles on them.
                                        >
                                        > > Please keep us posted on your experiment. Should you continue to have the same results, then maybe we'll have to rethink whether or not it is worthwhile to upgrade the bearings.
                                        >
                                        > I will. Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

                                      • Razor A5
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Dec 6, 2009
                                          Hi! Thank you roybassist for your testing. It is always helpful to have objective data when something seems to be about sensations.

                                          I have a question related to something John Margiotta has said and I have heard before in this forum: What does it mean long or "short longevity" in a scooter? About the Xootr, when have you guys been forced to get rid of it, and how did it happen? Did it break? Did any of its part wear down to the point of making the xootr not work?

                                          I am interested in that point. I have been using my Razor A5 dailñy for about ten months, and have used it loading it beyond its theoretic limits of use (220 pounds) and it still works fine. Well, the poor thing doesnt look like new, and the wheels have lost some section, but it its definitely working well. I can note only some wearing at the detachable connection of the handlebars that makes them be looser than they were at the beginning.

                                          I am curious about scooter durability in different brands (xootr, Razor, Go Ped...) Could anybody who have used any of them until theyy didn´t work tell me their experience?