Hellooooo! Anyone home?

  • edwong3
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
      Did that subject title get your attention? I joined this group 10 days ago, introduced myself, and since then, it seems it has died! I hope I haven't jinxed this cool group.

      If you all remembered in my first post, I had ordered a Viza Kikit Air from the Push Scooter Superstore. Well it's taken them a long time to ship my order but it's on it's way. I have been of course issued a FedEx tracking number and found out that the estimated delievery date is September 9th. It was shipped on September 1rst, so it'll take more than a week for me to get it!

      And the waiting continues...

      Regards,
      EW
    • m.coonrod@att.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2009
        --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "edwong3" <edwong3@...> wrote:

        > Did that subject title get your attention? I joined this group 10
        days ago, introduced myself, and since then, it seems it has died! I
        hope I haven't jinxed this cool group.

        > If you all remembered in my first post, I had ordered a Viza Kikit Air
        from the Push Scooter Superstore. Well it's taken them a long time to
        ship my order but it's on it's way. I have been of course issued a
        FedEx tracking number and found out that the estimated delievery date is
        September 9th. It was shipped on September 1rst, so it'll take more
        than a week for me to get it!

        > And the waiting continues...
        >
        > Regards,
        > EW

      • Perry Fletcher
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2009
          ....and I just ordered a Xootr 'Cruz' from Oceanworks in Berkeley,Ca. We'll see how long this order takes to arrive. I too anticipate opening the box....unfolding it.....and kickin' it!

          fletch

          To: NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2009
            FedEx delievered my new Viza Kikit Air just a few hours ago. First off, the outer shipping box was in perfect condition. FedEx treated my package well:) The scooter's factory box was in very good condition as well. Another good sign. Upon opening that box, I inspected the scooter, and it was in perfect shape.

            The Kikit Air is one sharp looking machine. Although there is a "family resemblance", this is NOT your kid's Razor! First and foremost, it uses pneumatic tires hence the suffix "Air" in the model name. These are almost 6" in diameter (150mm) making them 50% bigger than most small push scooter wheels. The max pressure is 80 p.s.i., ad I'm almost certain that I need to put more air in them in spite of the fact that they feel pretty hard as they are.

            The folding mechanism is more complex than Razor's or Xootr's, but it looks strong, and thus reassuring. It takes 3 to 4 steps to unfold, and secure the handle post in the up position. The handle post adjusts just like any other scooter, with a quick release, and the handles themselves fit in the stem as usual using the familiar retractible "buttons".

            After admiring the fit, finish, and build quality, I got on it and scooted from the living room to the dining area and back several times. It rolled quietly on the tiled floor. The rear fender brake of course worked as it should. In fact apply just a little more pressure, and you can stop on a dime.

            Naturally the ultimate test is to ride it outside on the pavement. From what I can remember from the Xootr Street I owned years ago, the Kikit is rather slow. As I stated earlier, the tires are probably not inflated to full pressure, and two, even if they were, the Xootr's wheels would still roll faster, and further.

            I estimated that it takes about 3 kicks on the Kikit Air to every 1 on a Xootr to travel the same distance, but I expected that. I don't really need the Xootr's exceptional rolling efficiency and speed for what I intend to use the Kikit Air for, and that is to distribute advertising material from door to door in several neighborhoods.

            I took some photos of the scooter, and will post them in the Photos section of this group later tonight, or tomorrow.

            For now, I think I'm going to take the Kikit Air for another short ride.

            Happy trails,
            EW