Best scooter route between Penn Station and Lex & 59th

  • Dorlene
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25 4:11 PM
      Ron emailed me this inquiry: "Do you think commuting from Penn Station
      to Lex & 59th 2 times a day is doable on a scooter? it's about 2 miles.
      I'm wondering if the ride is real sketchy w/ regard to traffic &
      potholes."

      I recommended that he use the Eighth Avenue bike lane (which would take
      him a block out of his way) and scoot crosstown at 59th St.

      Do any NYCKS members have a better suggestion for scooting this route?
    • xrays2pharmd
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2012
        I'm not sure. Last night I was scootering on the sidewalk, no problems. Anyone scooter on the sidewalks & know the legality of it?

        --- In NYCKickScooters@yahoogroups.com, "Dorlene" <dorlene@...> wrote:

        > Ron emailed me this inquiry: "Do you think commuting from Penn Station
        > to Lex & 59th 2 times a day is doable on a scooter? it's about 2 miles.
        > I'm wondering if the ride is real sketchy w/ regard to traffic &
        > potholes."
        >
        > I recommended that he use the Eighth Avenue bike lane (which would take
        > him a block out of his way) and scoot crosstown at 59th St.
        >
        > Do any NYCKS members have a better suggestion for scooting this route?

      • John
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2012

          I don't recommend scootering on sidewalks. in my experience the only way to do it safely and without pissing off pedestrians will mean going incredibly slow. I like to keep momentum as much as possible

          of course everyone may have a different sidewalk crowding, width, time of day etc situation...

          // mobile