Last Central Park Kumsitz this Sunday 8/11

  • gilhoupt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2002

      This year's Central Park kumsitz series is drawing to a
      close. We've had four successful Sunday afternoons this summer,
      attracting around a hundred people from all over the Tri-State area
      to sing together in the park. Musicians, both amateur and
      professional, brought their instruments to jam together to the
      classics or teach original songs (we even had a guest appearance by
      Ruby Harris all the way from Chicago). So don't miss it this
      weekend, since it will probably be the last one of the season --
      details below

      Tonight 8/8 at 8PM Makor's Local Artist Showcase: Uglier
      Than Jaron (featuring Mick Lewis); The Conversation; & Louis Epstein
      at Makor, 35 West 67th St. Catch these three cool acts on one
      ticket: only $12. Makor's restaurant has kosher food and drinks.
      For more info call Makor at 212-601-1000 or see
      http://www.evite.com/r?iid=WJLSPOTUELNCDSZUDACR NOTE: Kol Isha may
      be applicable here; consult your local Rabbinic authority

      Also 8/8 8-10pm Second Chances Off Broadway Play at the
      Bergen County YJCC in Washington Township. Free admission.
      Directions at http://www.yjcc.org/html/info.htm

      Also 8/8 Andy Statman is back at the Greenwich Village
      Synagogue, 53 Charles St (near W4 St) with "Music of the Mystics"
      featuring Chassidic, klezmer and original tunes, with Andy on the
      clarinet and mandolin. Suggested donation: $10 (includes
      refreshments). For more info call the shul at 212-242-6425 or see

      Tomorrow night, Friday 8/9 at 8pm I'll be at a dinner under
      the stars at Chabad of the Upper West Side, 101 W92 St at Columbus
      Ave. We'll be singing lots of Chabad nigunim and hearing words of
      Torah from Rabbi Fried and Rabbi Ossey. Davening at 7:20. To
      reserve for dinner, call 212-864-5010 or see

      Sunday 8/11 is my kumsitz in Central Park from 5:30 to 7:30
      pm. Enter from Central Park West either at 97 St and turn left on
      the path or from 100 St and turn right, then walk for a minute and
      you'll see us on the hill between CPW and the Park Drive. Bring
      blankets to sit on and any musical instruments (and if you want,
      some kosher snacks or drinks to share). Any questions, call me at
      212-531-3949. Hope to see you there!

      Saturday night 8/10 at 9:30 p.m. Pharaoh's Daughter playing
      at Joe's Pub, 425 Lafayette St. $12 in advance/ $15 at the door:
      212-539-8770 or see http://www.pharaohsdaughter.com NOTE: Kol Isha
      may be applicable here; consult your local Rabbinic authority

      Tuesday, 8/13 8-10PM Second Chances Off Broadway Play, at
      the JCC on the Palisades in Tenafly. Free admission. Directions at

      Also 8/13 at 8:30 PM Soulfarm has a weekly gig for the month
      of August at the West End Gate, Broadway and 114 St. ID required:
      must be 18+ For more info see http://soulfarm.net

      Wednesday, 8/14 7:30PM – 2:30AM "We Are One" benefit with
      proceeds going to support terror victims and their families, at
      Float, 240 W52 St (between Broadway & 8th). Featuring The Hamsa
      Boys, and special guest DJ's. Admission: $36 (tax-deductible). For
      more info call 917-388-5344 or see http://www.hamsaboys.com

      Looking ahead to Labour Day Weekend: if you want a music-
      filled experience infused with spirituality, you've got to come to
      the Isralight retreat in the Poconos. It's filling up fast so don't
      wait too long to register. Wednesday, August 28 through Sunday 9/1
      there will be music every night and the most inspiring singing on
      Shabbos! For more info email me or call 212-595-5004 or see

      Also Labour Day Weekend, The Meaningful Life Center's Annual
      Camping Shabbaton: "Sun, Stars, Song, Shabbat, Retreat & Renewal
      2002" featuring the Rabbi Jacobson brothers and guest musician Peter
      Himmelman. For more info call 718-774-6448 or see

      Have a good Shabbos!!!