Another Central Park Kumsitz this Sunday

  • gilhoupt
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2002

      Last week's kumsitz in Central Park was such a success I
      decided to do it again this Sunday. Over 50 people came from all
      over the NY area to sing together, and the weather was awesome! See
      below for info.

      Tonight, Thursday 6/6 7:30-8:30 I will be starting a lecture
      series for Isralight based on Rabbi Aaron's soon-to-be-published
      third book, "The Secret Life of G-d." The class will deal with all
      the big questions, like: "Is G-d perfect? always good? Can G-d
      fail? suffer? hide? Why did G-d create the world? And how do I fit
      in? Of course I'll be starting off the class with a few tunes on my
      guitar so come early. WSIS, 120W76 St.

      Also tonight 6/6 at 7:30 and 10:30 (two sets) Noah Solomon
      and C Lanzbom (from the band Soulfarm) opening for Neshama Carlebach
      at the Bottom Line, 15 W4 St. For further info, call 212-228-6300
      or see http://soulfarm.net or http://www.neshamacarlebach.com NOTE:
      Kol Isha may be applicable here; consult your local Rabbinic
      authority

      Tomorrow evening, Friday 6/7 at 7:30pm I'm going to leading
      Kabbalat Shabbat services at the Fifth Avenue Synagogue (@62 St) for
      Manhattan Jewish Experience. There will be some explanations of the
      prayers and of course lots of singing. Following the service there
      will be dinner, with a featured speaker: a Jewish football player
      who's a quarterback for the Jets. For more info and to make
      reservations for dinner, call Manhattan Jewish Experience at 212-787-
      9533 (no reservations necessary for davening).

      Sunday, June 9, 5-7pm the Central Park kumsitz will be the
      same place as last week: on the west side of Central Park around 99
      St (Enter from Central Park West at 97 St and take the path to the
      left or at 100 St and make a right) -- we'll be between the Park
      Drive and CPW. Bring blankets to sit on and musical instruments if
      you have (and if you want, some kosher snacks or drinks to share).
      In case of rain, or if the grass is really wet, the kumsitz will be
      postponed to another Sunday. Any questions, call me at 212-531-3949

      Also 6/9, 11am-3pm The Or Pnimi Center for Spiritual Judaism
      presents Staten Island's first annual conference on Jewish
      Spirituality, Healing and the Environment. at High Rock Park.
      Featuring Rabbi Eliezer Garner, host of a weekly Jewish music
      program, "The Happy Chevra Show"; Rebbetzin Michele Garner, of the
      weekly Kol Isha Show, speaking on "Music and Healing" and many other
      noted speakers. Gala Carlebach Kumsitz finale! Free admission
      (sushi snack available). For more info and directions call 718-761-
      3094 or email OrPnimi@... or see
      http://wsia.csi.cuny.edu/schedule/chevra.html

      Also 6/9 from 5-8pm Singles BBQ funraiser for the IDF, on
      the roof of the Jewish Center, 131 W86 St. Cost: $36 (includes
      food; all proceeds go to help support the Israeli army). Music by
      Bill Bassman and friends. For info: ejhaller@.... Bill is also
      planning a karaoke party in the near future; contact him for more
      info: BBas743713@...

      Also 6/9 the new band Hamsa is performing at Manhattan Day
      School, 310 W75 St. For more info call the school office at 212-376-
      6800 or see the band's website http://www.hamsaboys.com

      Also 6/9 at 7:30pm "Uncle Mo's Bluesy Barbeque Birthday
      Bash" at Mo Shapiro's new crib, 535 Kenwood Place, in Teaneck NJ.
      can vouch for Mo as an incredible musician, but I can't say anything
      about his cooking! For directions or more info, call 201-836-4660
      or email klezman1969@...

      Also 6/9 at 8pm the band Simply Tsfat playing at Young
      Israel of Flatbush, 919 E10 St in Brooklyn. For reservations:
      daytime 718-377-4400; evenings: 718-253-8121 This string trio from
      the holy city of Tsfat plays traditional Breslav tunes, popular
      Carlebach melodies, as well as some great originals. See the website
      for more info: http://www.simplytsfat.com

      Monday, 6/10 at 7:30pm Simply Tsfat at the Young Israel of
      Far Rockaway, 716 Beach 9th St. More info: 718-471-6724 and see
      above

      Tuesday, 6/11 at 8pm Simply Tsfat with special guest Andy
      Statman, at the Carlebach Shul, 305 W79 St between West End and
      Riverside. More info: call the Breslov Center: 718-482-3382 and see
      above

      Also 6/11 at 7:30pm, the 10th annual festival of Jewish
      music benefit for the Beyond Shelter Coalition, an alliance of 28
      West Side synagogues and Jewish institutions for homeless New
      Yorkers. Concert at Symphony Space, Broadway at 95 St. Featuring
      Pharaoh's Daughter, Zamir Chorale, and C Lanzbom & Noah Solomon of
      the band Soulfarm. Tickets start at $36 (for students or those on a
      limited income: $18 or even less). For info: 212-662-3663 or
      http://www.Beyondsheltercoalition.org NOTE: Kol Isha may be
      applicable here; consult your local Rabbinic authority

      Also 6/11 at 9:30pm, C Lanzbom and Noah Solomon from
      Soulfarm play their weekly concert at The Millinery Centre
      Synagogue, 1025 Ave of the Americas (6 Ave @ 38 & 39 St) -- it
      start's later this week because of their earlier gig above, but next
      week back to 8pm. For more info, contact the shul: 212-921-1580 or
      Rebmil1025@... or see http://soulfarm.net

      Also 6/11 8pm, Abe Finkelstein is doing a gig at the Orange
      Bear, 47 Murray St. (between Broadway and Church) For more info
      call the bar at 212-566-3705 or email dangleNews@...

      Also 6/11, at 7:30pm, Reality Shock opening for Israeli rock
      band "Rock Four" at the legendary STONE PONY, 913 Ocean Ave in
      Asbury Park, NJ Admission: $5 ($8 if under 21 -- must be 18 to
      enter) http://www.thehesh.net or http://www.rockfour.com or
      http://www.stoneponyonline.com

      Thursday, 6/13 at 11pm Matt Turk playing at The Living Room,
      corner of Stanton and Allen. http://www.turktunes.com

      Saturday 6/15 at 10:30pm it's the last melava malka of the
      summer at the Carlebach Shul, 305 W79 St. Featuring the Dan Becker
      Ensemble (with Shlomo Levavi, Steve Schwab, Mike Poulad) and Pey
      Dalid. Admission: $10 (includes light buffet) For more info, see
      http://www.peydalid.com

      Also 6/15 at 11pm Soulfarm at the Lion's Den, 214 Sullivan
      St. (between Bleecker and W.3rd) For more info call the club at 212-
      477-2782 or see http://www.soulfarm.net

      Upcoming: July 4th weekend it's Edenfest (Get back to the
      Garden) for adventurous Jewish professionals (singles & couples) in
      their 20's and 30's, from Philly, Baltimore, Washington, NJ
      and NY.
      A taste of "Paradise" in the Poconos, featuring rafting,
      hiking,
      ropes course, Shabbat in the wilderness, and of course musical
      bonfires and drum circles. For more info, contact Laura Negrin at
      973-614-1946 or lnegrin@... or see
      http://www.thecountryplace.com

      Jewish Music Album of the week: Eilecha, featuring Shlomo
      and Eitan Katz, two musical brothers from LA. This album is an
      incredibly soulful collection of original tunes in the Carlebach
      style, with help on vocals from their father, the world-renowned
      cantor Avshalom Katz. Also featuring guest musicians Yehuda Solomon
      from the Moshav Band and Yossi Piamenta. The songs are beautifully
      arranged, the music set to words mostly from the liturgy. Shlomo
      Katz is the chazan for the Happy Minyan in Los Angeles and performs
      with his Happy Minyan Band, but you can catch him on the East Coast
      at the Isralight Retreats, the next one over Labour Day Weekend in
      the Poconos. For info on how to get a copy: eilecha@...

      Hope to see you at my class tonight or at the kumsitz on
      Sunday!

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 9, 2005
        Dear Friends,

        After spending the past two years in Israel, I forgot how
        much Jewish music is going on in NY! Sorry for such a long list, but
        I tried not to leave out too much. We are now in the Jewish month of
        Elul, when we have our closest connection to the Divine, and what
        better way to celebrate that then with some great music?! Hope to
        see you at Sunday's kumsitz in the park (see below for more info)

        Tonight, Friday Sept 9 at 7:05pm I'll be leading the davening
        with lots of spirited singing at Congregation Ramath Orah, 550 W110
        St, between Broadway and Amsterdam. This is my first official
        weekend of what I'm sure will be a fruitful year as rabbinic intern
        at the shul. For more information call 212-222-2470 or see
        http://www.ramathorah.org

        Also Sept 9 at 7pm Neshama Carlebach will be leading Kabbalat
        Shabbat and Maariv for women only, at Congregation Ohab Zedek (OZ),
        118 W95 St (between Amsterdam and Columbus). For more info call 212-
        749-5150 or see http://ozny.org

        Tomorrow, Saturday, Sep 10, at 5pm the final Torah on the
        Terrace program, at the home of Jeff Stier, 41 W96 St #1b (between
        Central Park West & Columbus). Torah class followed by shalesheudos
        (3rd Shabbat meal) featuring lots of singing, with Tani Schwartz and
        friends. For more info about the 3rd meal programs, email Tani at
        natanyaz@...
        *NOTE: See Below

        Saturday, September 10 at 9:30pm Hasidic Reggae singer
        Matisyahu plays a JDub Benefit Concert at the JCC of the Palisades,
        411 East Clinton Avenue, in Tenafly, NJ. Tickets: $36; $25 in groups
        of 4 or more; $72 VIP. For more info https://tix.artistarena.com/jdub

        Also Sep 10 at 10pm Simply Tsfat performs a Melava Malka
        concert in Great Neck, at the Shira Chadasha Synagogue, 683 Middle
        Neck Rd.
        More info about this show, call 516-482-4314, and for the rest of
        the tour info see http://simplytsfat.com

        Also Sept 10 at 9:30 PM, Soul Searching, a new Jewish play at
        Theater for the New City, 155 First Avenue (between 9th and 10th
        Streets). The show follows the comedic and poignant plight of a
        single Jewish woman in NYC as she struggles to find her match and
        find her true spiritual place in the world. With music and lyrics by
        Avi Kunstler, along with a four-piece rock band. Tickets: $15.
        Every Thursday, Saturday and Sunday thru Oct 2. More info: call 212-
        254-1109 and see http://theaterforthenewcity.net/soul.htm

        Sunday, Sept 11 5-7pm I'll be playing another kumsitz in
        Central Park, this week commemorating the fourth anniversary of the
        World Trade Center attack and also heralding the month of Elul, the
        time during the Jewish calendar of our greatest spiritual potential.
        Bring along any musical instruments and blankets to sit on (and if
        you want, some kosher snacks or drinks to share). Enter the park
        from Central Park West at W96 St and turn right (or at W93 and turn
        left), and look for us between CPW and the Park Drive. Call me on
        Sunday for possible rain cancellation: 646-706-3076

        Also Sept 11 at 3pm Greg Wall & Klezmerfest play Klez for
        Kids at the NJ Jewish Music Festival, Congregation Etz Chaim, 304
        East Mount Pleasant Ave. in Livingston, NJ. A fast-paced
        introduction to Klezmer music, the immigration experience, and the
        Yiddish language, including a re-creation of a shtetl wedding,
        complete with groom and bride. Cost: $12; students: $10. More info
        call 973-530-3444 and see http://jccmetrowest.org/musicfestival.html

        Monday, Sept 12, at 7:30 pm, the AFRO-SEMITIC EXPERIENCE Days
        of Awe concert, at Temple Emanuel of Greater New Haven, 150 Derby
        Avenue, in Orange, CT. For more info call 203-397-3000 and see
        http://chevan.addr.com

        Also Sep 12, and every Monday at 8:30PM Andy Statman plays
        the weekly Jewish bluegrass at the Greenwich Village Synagogue, 53
        Charles St near W4 St. Suggested donation: $10 (includes
        refreshments). For more info call the shul at 212-242-6425 or see
        http://www.andystatman.org

        Also Sep 12, and every Monday at 8 PM, "A Match Made In
        Manhattan, The Interactive Jewish Wedding Experience," One of the
        funniest shows Off-Broadway. At The Center for Jewish Discovery, 199
        W19 St, at 7th Ave. Join in for the 'shmorg', the 'chupah', a
        gourmet dinner by The Village Crown, dancing, comedy, and the drama
        of it all. Tickets: $55 (includes free wine and a three-course
        gourmet meal catered by The Village Crown). More info: call 201-567-
        6664 and see http://amatchmadeinmanhattan.com

        Sept 13-25 the second annual NY Jewish Music & Heritage
        Festival, ten days with over 60 concerts at venues throughout the
        city. Last year they decided to launch this awesome festival, and I
        guess it must have been a great success since they're doing it
        again. I'll include only a few highlights below, but see the website
        for complete list of shows: http://oyhoo.com
        *NOTE: See Below

        Tuesday, Sept 13th @8pm opening night of the festival at the
        92nd St Y, 1395 Lexington Ave. Great Jewish Artists perform Great
        Jewish Composers: MATISYAHU playing SCHLOMO CARLEBACH, KLEZMATICS
        perform RANDY NEWMAN, MARC RIBOT performs BILLY JOEL, PHARAOH'S
        DAUGHTER performs CARLY SIMON, REGINA SPEKTOR performs MADONNA &
        LEONARD COHEN, URI CAINE performs AARON COPLAND, and TOVAH FELDSHUH
        performs GEORGE & IRA GERSHWIN. Tickets: $48 - call 212.415.5500 or
        see http://oyhoo.com
        *NOTE: See Below

        Also Sept 13th @8pm Simply Tsfat performs in Monsey a FUN-
        draiser for Ohr Chochmah Institute for Special Education, at the home
        of Max Thurm, 8 Misty Lane. Contact: 845-369-1310 and see
        http://simplytsfat.com

        Also Sep 13 at 8pm the new voice in Jewish music: Six13 a
        cappella, at Makor, 35 West 67th St (bet. Columbus & CPW). Anchored
        by a thumping beat box, intricate arrangements and soulful harmonies,
        this all-male vocal band brings an unprecedented style of Jewish
        music ranging from hip-hop dance to rock-anthem. Price: $15. For
        more info: 212-864-2050 and http://six13.net

        Wednesday, Sept 14th @6:30pm Simply Tsfat performs in Coram,
        NY, at Lubavitch of the East End, 87 Mt. Sinai Coram Rd. Contact:
        Rabbi Mendy Goldberg at 631.698-4000 and http://chabadofeastend.com

        Thursday, September 15 at 7pm the Seth Nadel Band playing a
        benefit for Keren Or, at "The Loft @ 47 West" 47 West St. Admission:
        $50 ($60 after Sept 1) includes open bar, dinner, music, and auction
        to raise funds for blind and handicapped children in Israel. For
        more info and reservations call 212.279.4070 and see http://keren-
        or.org

        Also Sep 15 at 8pm Nalaga'at, the Israeli DeafBlind Theatre
        Troupe, performs "Light is Heard in Zig Zag" at Lincoln Center's Rose
        Theater. Performance mostly with music and pantomime, and a small
        amount of narration and speech in simple Hebrew (simultaneous
        translation to English and sign-language. Appropriate for children
        age 9 and above. It's inspiring to see how people who are both blind
        and deaf are so capable, challenging us to question if we are
        utilizing our potential to its fullest. Tickets: $48 - call
        212.608.0555 and see http://nalagaat.org.il
        *NOTE: See Below

        Also Sep 15 at 9pm dj handler plays at the Leopard Lounge,
        248 E5 St @ 2nd Ave. For more info call 212-253-2222 or see
        http://leopardloungenyc.com and http://modularmoods.com

        Also Sep 15 and every Thursday at 8:30PM Andy Statman
        plays "Jewish music of the Mystics" at the Greenwich Village
        Synagogue, 53 Charles St near W4 St. Suggested donation: $10
        (includes refreshments). For more info call the shul at 212-242-6425
        or see http://www.andystatman.org

        Saturday, Sept 17 at 8:30pm I'll be backing up Rabbi Naftali
        Citron of the Carlebach Shul and Meir Solomon of the Moshav Band, at
        the Carlebach musical melava malka, in Teaneck, NJ: the Moose Lodge,
        201 West Englewood Ave (across from Poppy's Bagels and Dougies).
        Free admission! Bring your own instruments and divrei torah to
        share. For info and future Teaneck Carlebach events contact Shmuley
        Brodsky at 212-726-2390 or sjbrodsky@... and see the flyer at

        Also Sept 17 at 8:45PM Neshama Carlebach and her Band in
        concert at Ansche Chesed, 251 W100 St. For reservations and more
        info, call 212-865-0600 or see http://neshamacarlebach.com
        *NOTE: See Below

        Sunday, Sep 18 at 7PM concert to support victims of Hurricane
        Katrina, featuring the Seth Nadel Band, Blue Fringe, Eden, and
        Gershon Veroba. At the West Side Institutional Synagogue, 120 W76
        St. (bet. Columbus and Amsterdam) Tickets: $15; additional donations
        accepted. More information, advanced ticket and group sales call 718-
        757-7590 and see http://sethnadel.com http://www.bluefringeband.com
        http://veroba.net http://edenmusic.net

        Also Sep 18, Noon-6pm is the 28th Annual Shalom Pelham
        Parkway Festival, at Comras Mall of Bronx Park, Bronx Park East &
        Lydig Avenue, near the Bronx Zoo. Featuring Ira Heller, Yoel
        Sharabi, Pey Dalid, the Klezmer Trio and Cantor Karl Kritz. Exhibits
        on Jewish history. Clowns and magicians will perform around the
        Festival grounds throughout the day. Admission: free. For more info
        call 718-792-4744 and see http://press.namct.com/content/view/2643/9

        Monday, Sep 19 at 7pm The 1st Annual Jewish Music Awards, in
        downtown Manhattan: The Museum of Jewish Heritage, 36 Battery Pl.
        Ten awards will be presented to outstanding artists in their field (5
        nominees to each category), including a special lifetime achievement
        award to Joey Ramone (five artists, including Golem and Divahn will
        perform Ramones tributes). Categories include New Klezmer Band, Hip
        Hop, Singer/Song Writer, Jewish Punk and Middle Eastern Blend.
        Tickets: $30 (includes after-party). Call 212-751-9192 and see
        http://oyhoo.com

        Tues, Sept 20 at 10pm Chavlaz: Israeli hip hop night with dj
        handler @ Leopard Lounge /Sin Sin, 248 E5th St @ 2nd Ave. DJ Handler
        has performed with diverse performers ranging from Frank London to
        Members of the Wu Tang Clan, from Harvard to Ha Simta in Israel to
        Times Square, including Ashkenazic cantorial music, traditional
        Yemenite melodies and hip hop. He also maintains his own record
        label, modular moods. Free admission (open bar)! Call 212-253-2222
        or see http://oyhoo.com and http://modularmoods.com

        Wednesday, Sept 21st @8pm Simply Tsfat in concert at
        Synagogue of the Arts, 49 White St. More info, call 212-608-0555 and
        see http://oyhoo.com

        Also September 21 at 7pm To Life! A Chinese auction and
        evening of inspiration, with Shimonah Tzukernik, FOR WOMEN ONLY.
        Featuring live music, Banquet buffet, Chinese Auction with prizes
        from foods to fads, Photography to reflexology, Jewels to tools, and
        more! At the home of Rivka Kromholz, 405 Oak Avenue, Cedarhurst.
        $20 entrance fee includes $30 in tickets; all proceeds to benefit the
        Torah-Healing Center's shiurim and hachnasas kallah fund. More
        info
        call 718.337.0110 and see http://torah-healing.org

        Thursday Sep 22 at 9pm Yosi Piamenta's Heavenly Jams Band
        performing at Mexicali Blues Cafe, 1409 Queen Anne Rd in Teaneck,
        NJ. Age: 21+ Tickets: $15. More info, call 201-833-0011 and see
        http://mexicalibluescafe.com

        Also Sep 22 at 8pm, AFRO-SEMITIC EXPERIENCE with special
        guest Frank London, Days of Awe concert. At The JCC in Manhattan,
        334 Amsterdam Ave at 76 St. Call 646-505-4444 and see
        http://chevan.addr.com

        Friday, Sept 23 Madraigos presents Judah Roth, the Carlebach
        Chazan of Brooklyn, leading a Carlebach davening in the Five Towns,
        followed by free dinner by reservation. At Cong Beth Sholom, 390
        Broadway, in Lawrence. More info: 718-471-7137 or madraigos@...

        Also Sept 23 I'll be leading the singing at a Shabbat dinner
        for the Jewish International Connection of NY, together with Jews
        from all over the world. RSVP: call Jodi 917-657-7482 or see
        http://jicny.com

        Saturday, Sept 24, 9-10:30pm Yehuda Glantz visiting from
        Israel for a mini concert tour. Concert at the NJ Jewish Music
        Festival, Congregation Etz Chaim, 304 East Mount Pleasant Ave. in
        Livingston, NJ. Glantz plays 14 different instruments, including
        charrango, tarbuka, pincuyo as well as the guitar, violin and
        keyboard, to fuse hot Latino rhythms with Jewish soul music, new age,
        rock-n-roll, and traditional Hasidic melodies. Concert followed by
        selichos. Cost: $25; students: $22. More info call 973-530-3444 and
        see http://jccmetrowest.org/musicfestival.html

        Also Sept 24th at 7pm Modular Moods introduces the Styles of
        the East, w/ Michal Cohen, Sarah Aroeste, & Eyal Maoz's Edom group
        (with dj handler). At Joe's Pub, 425 Lafayette St. Cost: $15. More
        info, call 212-539-8777 and see http://oyhoo.com
        *NOTE: See Below

        Also September 24 at 9:15PM PEY DALID in a pre-selichos
        concert at the Carlebach Shul, W79 St between Riverside & West End
        Ave. Admission: $20 (includes refreshments). More info, call 212-
        721-SHUL and see http://carlebachshul.org/UpSchedule/Concerts.htm

        Also September 24, concert followed by Selichot Services and
        Hurricane Katrina Benefit, The Afro-Semitic Experience and Frank
        London with Cantor Erik Contzius, 9:00 p.m., at Temple Israel of New
        Rochelle, 1000 Pinebrook Boulevard, New Rochelle, New York, for more
        information please call 914-235-1800.
        http://chevan.addr.com

        Sunday, Sept 25 11am-9pm Jewzapalooza, the culmination of the
        Jewish Music & Heritage Festival, in Riverside Park at 72nd St. Last
        year 5,000 people attended this concert at the South Street Seaport.
        This year they're expecting to double the audience, with performers:
        JUEZ, Aviv Geffen, Joshua Nelson & Kosher Gospel Singers, Blue
        Fringe, Golem, Pharaoh's Daughter, Soulfarm, and Israeli jazz great
        Avishai Cohen. Also a Food Pavillion with Kosher food and a Wine
        Tasting tent. See http://oyhoo.com
        *NOTE: See Below

        Also Sept 25 the annual Chabad telethon, this year raising
        money to support Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, in addition to all
        the incredible activities Chabad performs all over the world. Tune
        in to the great Jewish music all day on WLNY Channel 55 or live on
        the web: http://tolife.com

        Also Sept 25, 11-5pm is the Five Towns Community Chest Fair,
        in Cedarhurst Park. Seeking bands who are looking for some free
        publicity (but no pay). Contact Carol Miller at 516-374-5800 or
        CAROLSBOYS@...

        Sunday-Tuesday, Sep 25-27 Yehuda Glantz (see above) has some
        available slots for concerts, and I'm helping him book some gigs. If
        interested, contact me at 646-706-3076 or email me at houpt@...
        (just reply to this message). Yehuda's beautifully moving
        song "Nafshi" was used for a video with footage from the recent
        Disengagement. Very painful to watch, but so important to see what's
        really going on there. Download it from my website:

        Tuesday, Sept 27 @ 8pm, Shirah NYC - Israeli Music: Sing
        along to Israeli hits with song lyrics displayed on a large screen,
        while being accompanied by a singer and live band. At Makor, 35 West
        67th St (bet. Columbus & CPW) Tickets: $25. For more info: 212-415-
        5500 and http://www.makor.org
        *NOTE: See Below

        Thursday, September 29, doors open 8:30 pm, music starts 9:15
        pm - Average Mo, featuring Mo Shapiro (guitar, vocals), Brian Gelfand
        (keys, vocals), Dave Solomon (bass), "Mad" Mike Cullens
        (drums), and
        special solo set by Mick Lewis. At The Parlour, 250 W86 St (Between
        B'way & West End). Cover: $6 + one drink suggested minimum. See
        http://momuzic.com

        Have a good Shabbos and spiritually uplifting month of Elul!

        Gili Houpt

        *NOTE: For all the above events so notated, the issue of Kol Isha may
        be applicable; consult your local Rabbinic authority for more info*