Returning to NY for a kumsitz

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2001
      Dear Friends,

      I just finished playing my last concert in Israel, the weekly
      havdallah kumsitz on Ben Yehuda St in the center of Jerusalem.
      Tomorrow I'm getting on a plane back to New York after two wonderful
      months of learning, teaching, touring and singing in Israel. It
      seems that the Divine forces knew that I would need some cheering up
      upon my return, so I just checked my email and found out that my
      friend Rabbi Dov Weiss is leading a kumsitz this Monday night, August
      27 at 8:30 PM to raise money and awareness for Jewish safety in
      Israel. Speaking will be Hillel Kuhr, a social worker in Israel,
      raising money for Yeshivat Ahavat Achaim to buy bullet proof windows:
      suggested minimum donation is $18. As long as my plane isn't
      delayed, I'll be there too: Congregation Ramath Orah (Yeshivat
      Chovevei Torah) 550 W110 St btwn Broadway and Amsterdam. For more
      info, call the shul at 212-222-2470 or email Dov at Dyweiss@...

      Thursday, August 30, 8-11 PM Andy Statman is playing his
      weekly Music of the Mystics at the Greenwich Village Synagogue (I do
      not know for sure that this is on, so please call to confirm). The
      shul is located at 53 Charles St. (near W 4th St.) and can be reached
      at 212-242-6425.

      Also 8/30 at 10:30 PM the Moshav Band is playing at the
      Lion's Den, 214 Sullivan St. (btw. Bleeker and W3 St.) Please
      bring ID: 18+ and $10 cover. For more info, the club can be reached
      at 212-634-0427 or http://www.cegmusic.com/lionsden.html

      Shabbos August 31 - September 1, Rabbi Eliezer Garner and The
      Moshav Band will be at the Futterman home near Monsey, NY: 156 Willow
      Tree Rd in Wesley Hills. Davening will be filled with lots of
      singing, and all are invited to shalesheudos (third Shabbat meal)
      following mincha at 7PM. Saturday night will be a concert at
      Kehillat New Hempstead, to benefit children of Israeli terrorist
      victims. Tickets: $15 adults, $10 students and kids. For more info,
      call Miriam Futterman at 845-362-8318 or email bernell@...
      and see http://www.moshavband.com

      Thursday night September 5, Soulfarm is playing two shows at
      the Bottom Line: 7:30 and 10PM. The show is located at 15 West 4 St,
      off Mercer St, and it's ages 21+ so please bring ID. For more info
      call 212-228-6300 or see http://www.soulfarm.net

      Friday night, September 7, 8:15 PM, Rabbi Avraham "Zimmy"
      Zimberg invites everyone to be his guest for shabbat dinner in
      Washington Heights. Food catered by Darna (Glatt Kosher
      Mediterranean Cuisine), it'll be a warm & friendly evening by
      candlelight, with lots of singing and meaningful discussion. 739 W186
      St (NE corner of Overlook Terrace), Apt # 3C. Admission fee: your
      smile! You're also welcome to bring a friend, and/or a d'var torah.)
      RSVP at your earliest convenience: zimmy@...

      Sunday, September 9, at 4PM I'm leading a kumsitz in Central
      Park in conjunction with the Ohab Zedek Young Professionals. It's
      going to be a picnic, with hero sandwiches and salads, so there is a
      cost of $15 for the food ($10 in advance). Meet at the picnic tables
      near the Great Lawn at the 86th Street entrance. For more info or to
      reserve, contact Rob Rubin at 212-864-8147 and check out their new
      email list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OZyoungprofessionals

      The day after I get back to the US I'm heading off to the
      Isralight Spiritual Retreat in Upstate NY for five days (8/28-9/1).
      It's going to be an amazing experience, and I don't know if there are
      any open spots left, but if you're interested in coming, try calling
      Isralight toll-free at 877-LIGHT-FL. I probably won't be able to
      send another email before Labour Day, so have a great long weekend!
      Wherever we are, let's use the extra time to continue doing teshuva --
      seeking forgiveness from people we've hurt, renewing our attempts at
      mitzvos we've been neglecting, and striving to become better people.
      I bless you that your attempts will bring you closer to Hashem and
      farther along your path to realizing your spiritual potential.