Jewish music for Shlomo Carlebach's Yahrzeit

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2011
      Dear friends,

      It is hard to believe that it has been 17 years since the passing of Shlomo Carlebach, the man who built Jewish music into what it is today and continues to inspire the world over with his simple yet profound and beautiful melodies. May his music and message continue to ignite Jews from all walks of life. On a personal level Shlomo continues to inspire me daily in my own music. Here is what is going on in the city to commemorate his musical legacy:

      ----Thursday November 3, 2011
      SOUL FARM plays a tribute to Shlomo Carlebach
      Doors Open @ 7:00 pm
      Show @ 8:00 pm
      Tickets $10
      Millinery Center Synagogue
      Rabbi Hayim S. Wahrman
      1025 Avenue of the Americas @ 38th Street
      New York, NY 10018
      (646) 262 5061
      Millinerysyng@...

      ----Thursday November 10, 2011
      SOUL FARM plays a tribute to Shlomo Carlebach
      Doors Open @ 7:00 pm
      Show @ 8:00 pm
      Tickets $10
      Millinery Center Synagogue
      Rabbi Hayim S. Wahrman
      1025 Avenue of the Americas @ 38th Street
      New York, NY 10018
      (646) 262 5061
      Millinerysyng@...

      Join Neshama Carlebach in concert, as she pays tribute to her father (at the Carlebach Shul, 305 W. 79th St.)
      7:30 PM
      $25 in advance, $35 at the door
      for more info www.carlebachshul.org
      ***See below

      Shabbat, November 11th - 12th- Yahrzeit Shabbaton at the Carlebach Shul (305 West 79th Street)
      Daven (pray), then learn and connect with old and new chevrah from around the world over delicious Shabbos dinner and lunch at the Carlebach Shul. Nourish your body and soul at a friendly, loving, inspiring urban retreat in NYC! with Rabbi Naftali Citron and more! Rabbi Citron will be joined by a host of teachers and singers, including: Yehuda Solomon of The Moshav Band, Rabbi Nossen and Rebbetzin Channah Schafer, Rebbetzin Emuna Witt, and Eliyahu McLean for inspirational Shabbat meals.
      Friday Dinner: Member $60, Non member $70
      Sat. Lunch: Member $45, Non-member $55
      Both Meals: Member $100, Non-member $120
      for more info www.carlebachshul.org

      Saturday Night November 12th- Yahrzeit Concert
      STARRING: Yehuda Green,
      Sruli Williger, Eitan Katz,
      Elli Kranzler, Pey Dalid, Yehuda Solomon of The Moshav Band, and additional performers to be announced
      (at West Side Institutional Synagogue,
      120 West 76th St.)
      Doors Open 9:00PM, Concert begins 9:30PM
      Admission: $30 if ordered by 11/03
      $40 at the door, if still available
      www.carlebachshul.org

      Wishing everyone a good shabbos! best, yisroel
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 26, 2012
        Dear friends,

        In the next couple of weeks, the Jewish world commemorates the greatest Jewish music legacy we have have ever seen from the most prolific songwriter in recent times. I will be doing a weekend long shabbaton in Passaic soon, details to come soon. But in the meantime, here are details of some upcoming shows:

        ---Sat night Oct. 27th
        The annual Shlomo Carlebach Yahrziet show, featuring Eitan Katz, Yehuda Green, Eli Kranzler, Yisroel Williger, Pey Dalid, and more!
        $45 at the door
        West Side Institutional Synagogue
        120 W. 76th St.

        ---Wednesday Night Oct. 31st
        Neshama Carlebach in a musical tribute to her father
        special guest Yehuda Solomon
        Carlebach Shul 305 W. 79th St. NY, NY
        7:30 pm
        $35 at the door

        ---Thursday night Nov 1st
        Oneg Shemesh at EJs Too
        183 Hempstead Avenue
        West Hempstead, NY 11552
        9:00-10:00 PM

        Wishing everyone a wonderful shabbos! :) best, Yisroel