The Israel Day Concert

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2011
      Dear friends,
      Thank G-d, much has been going on in the music world at large as well as with my own music. There is about to be a full feature article about my music, art, and upcoming book in Mishpacha Magazine very soon. In addition, it will soon be featured in Baltimore Jewish Life, a popular Jewish online magazine. See below for details about an upcoming show I am doing in Washington Heights.
      But the other big news is the upcoming Israel Day Parade and Concert is this coming Sunday! It is every year a wonderful and joyous event, which is a great time to show our solidarity with Israel and with Jews of all walks of life. Here are the details about it:

      ----Sunday June 5th
      11am - 4pm
      57th - 74th Streets, 5th Ave, NYC
      Don't miss the fabulous floats, marvelous marching bands,
      and special celebrity guests.
      Including performances by Beit Habubot, SOULFARM,
      Kosha Dillz and Diwon, Mama Doni and lots more!
      Please visit our website celebrateisraelparade.org
      for an up to date list of the parade attractions.
      Also on June 5: Take part in the Celebrate Israel Run in Central Park.
      Register @ www.nyrr.org.

      This event is followed by the Israel Day Concert!
      Central Park Summerstage is located at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park. Enter Park at 5th Ave. & 72nd St.
      Featuring: AVRAHAM FRIED • SHALSHELES • SHALSHELES JR. • AVI PERETZ • BERYL TEITELBAUM Music produced by Cecilia Productions • JERRY MARKOVITZ • Introducing LIGHT INTONATION • Hatikva Performed by CHAZZAN CHAIM DOVID BERSON • IZZY KIEFFER with HERSHEY R.

      ----Thursday Jun 2 2011
      9:00 PM - 10:45 PM
      Andy Statman Trio at the Jalopy Theater
      Venue: Jalopy Theater
      315 Columbia Street
      Brooklyn, NY 11231
      Contact Website: www.andystatman.org
      Contact: info@...
      Cost: $10

      ----Sunday June 12th
      An intimate show in Washington Heights with Yisroel Juskowitz!
      8:00 PM
      150 Bennett Ave. Apt #4E
      Suggested donation $10

      New CD review!
      Eitan Katz just put out a beautiful new album of Carlebach gems! All of the songs are very well, done, my personal favorite is Kirasicha Ka, a not so well known Shlomo tune that is absolutely exquisite. The item is called Unplugged Vol 2, and is available in stores and at www.eitanmusic.com

      Wishing everyone a good shabbos. Hope to see all of you at the parade and concert! Best, Yisroel