Jewish Music for Lag baomer

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2011
      Dear friends,

      The mystical and joyous holiday of Lag Baomer is almost upon us. On it, we celebrate the kabbalistic teachings of R' Shimon Bar Yochai, widely believed to be the celebrated author of the Zohar. We also celebrate the end of a plague which killed the great students of the sage Rabbi Akiva. To celebrate these events, is Lag Baomer, a time of much music, stories, and Torah.

      ATTENTION!I have been told to advise any groups or singers that Talmud Torah in Brooklyn is beginning a Jewish Cafe right after Lag BaOmer. We are willing to provide a nice venue and will send out an email blast to the TT emailing list before every gig. We are looking to have a gig twice a month initially. Anyone interested do begin on the Wednesday after Lag BaOmer is welcome to contact Zev Elman at zevelman@....

      Here is what is going on in the NYC area:
      ---Sat Night May 21st
      The annual Aish kodesh Lag Baomer Hilula with the music of Eitan Katz, Nochi Krohn, and Avi Feinberg together with the fiery Torah of Rav Moshe Weinberger. Will take place at the Young Israel of Lawrence Cedarhurst approximately an hour after Shabbos ends.

      Bonfire, kumzitz, and BBQ in Teaneck!
      I will be playing some of the songs from new hit album "The Narrow Bridge" as well as other musicians. Should be a beautiful night of food, fun, music, and inspiration!
      Jewish Center of Teaneck
      70 Sterling Place
      Teaneck, NJ
      SIGN UP: RSVP here and register through Paypal for the advance rates!
      by Monday 5/15/2011 @5 p.m.. for $5
      by Friday 5/18/2011 @10 a.m. for $10
      Or $15 at the door
      *We want to have food for everyone so please RSVP!
      Send your Paypal payment to JLipowsky@... using the "friends and family" option, which is free if using a bank account or Paypal account, or a 45-cent charge for a credit card.
      www.paypal.com

      Lag Baomer in Willow Tree Park 5771
      Wesley Hills, NY
      May 22, 2011
      2:00 Soulfarm Concert
      6:00 Lighting of the bonfire, music by Merkavah
      All events are free of charge thanks to our generous sponsors.
      Rain or Shine
      Bring your own chair and marshmallows!
      Questions or Directions: email ZichronShlomo@...

      Lag Baomer BBQ in Washington Heights!
      Music by Laibele ben Moshe and YoKaleb!
      Little red Lighthouse In Fort Washington Park 178th St. and Henry Hudson
      Parkway
      $10 addmission, $180 for sponsorship
      Making kite activities for kids!
      For more info 212 781 3413

      I always like to share a new music video I come across, this one is awesome from the up and coming new group Eighth Day. Enjoy!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fXIMUyrw7s

      Wishing everyone a beautiful and meaningful Lag Baomer!
      Best wishes, Yisroel